Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2017, 22:04   #1

Wycombe Match

Thought I'd kick-off early with this thread as there appears to be a lot of comment regarding 'The Beast' now appearing on the Newport thread.
I'm confident after Saturday's disappointment that Coley will have our lads motivated for this game.
Hopefully, Tuesday night's will be the game when all our shots are on target & those that aren't, hit the bar & deflect into the net for a change.
Naturally, everyone's talking about the return of our nemesis Akinfenwa, aka - 'The Beast'.
However, perhaps we'd be better off concentrating on Craig Mackail-Smith, who scored an 11 minute hat-trick for them last Saturday against Crawley.
Naturally, they're cock-a-hoop after thrashing Crawley 4-0, but only the week before were beaten 2-1 - at Morecambe!!!!!!!!
Come on you Reds - don't let the Shrimps get one over on us.
KiTChener likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2017, 11:39   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Wycombe Match

Hope yer right mate, i thought after Guisley they woulda been motivated against Newport? we will need a bit more than motivation to shackle the beast tonight i think.
Old 21-11-2017, 12:34   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hope yer right mate, i thought after Guisley they woulda been motivated against Newport? we will need a bit more than motivation to shackle the beast tonight i think.
Perhaps a free case of pies left in their dressing room might do the trick?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 12:49   #4

Apparently we have had food stolen in one of these latest raids, so a case of pies might not be an option.

I'm really looking forward to watching him again - even though it will be with a sense of dread. I like his approach to the game and he's certainly unique!

I'm not sure Big Ben will get the better of him - not sure anyone can - even when he's quiet it just needs the right ball delivered to him in the box and we could be in trouble. Best to cut his supply lines and keep it down the other end if we can.

I take it Seamus is out? Anyone going to place bets on tonight's team? I'm going with Nolan in for Johnson, everyone else as per saturday. Would be happy to see Wilks start for a change.

Would probably settle for a point truth be told.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 13:10   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I always look forward to seeing him,a real class act i think,
keep the faith likes this.
Old 21-11-2017, 18:00   #6

Team news,

Chapman, Rawson, Hughes, Richards-Everton, Donacien, Brown, Johnson, McConville, Wilks, Jackson, Kee

Subs
Stryjek, Nolan, Thorniley, Mcleod, Ogle, Mohammad, Watson
Old 21-11-2017, 18:02   #7

Looks like a 3-4-3 thingy? Happy that Wilks is playing.
Old 21-11-2017, 20:17   #8
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

1-0
Old 21-11-2017, 20:33   #9
God Member

Results elsewhere going for us, REALLY hope we can hang on here
Old 21-11-2017, 20:40   #10
God Member

Yee ha!
Old 21-11-2017, 21:08   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well deserved 3 Pts, thought Wycombes keeper kept the score down with some good saves,Stanley kept at em after scoring,unlike the Newport game, well done Stanley, thought Everton kept the beast pretty quiet, grateful fer that, good all round team performance.
Old 21-11-2017, 21:11   #12

Really good 1st half, solid at the back in the second.
The look of competent promotion contenders.
Scotty Brown had a much better game but the back 3 were joint MOTM.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-11-2017, 21:20   #13

My man of the match goes to Coleman. The change of formation for this specific physical game seem to inspire every member of the team. It was great not to see the beast have a hearty meal out of us. Apart from a couple of scares when the defence switched off they defended outstanding. Was nice seeing kee's passing in the number 10 role. Mcconville's tail is up and he did a good job at wing back. Well done the whole team and a well deserved victory.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 21:21   #14
God Member

So, who was this 'beast' we were all worried about??

Well played lads - cool, calm & confident performance, roll on Exeter!
chevyfire likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 21:57   #15
Senior Member+

'Twas an excellent tactical display and a fully deserved win tonight.
John and Jimmy setting up the 'Back Three' with Rawson coming in was a masterstroke.
Akinfenwa just couldn't make up his mind about who was supposed to be marking him! I agree that the 'Back Three' deserved joint MOM awards. Big Ben won the high balls, Rawson won everything else and Hughes did his usual 'Mr Cool' job of tidying up any loose bits! Wing backs Janoi and Sean Mac played really well too. Sean played a real Captain's role and he was running up and down even harder in the last twenty minutes than he had earlier!
Playing Billy in mid-field was another master stroke. Like all the Stanley players he ran his socks off and won a lot of ball and constantly disrupted their play. Scott Brown and young Johnson also worked hard and linked well in their roles. The two young lads up front must have run miles tonight not only when attacking but when pressing their full backs when they were expecting time on the ball. It was a shame one of the two lads up front didn't get a goal because they deserved to. When Meki came on he too looked very lively. We outplayed and out foxed them in every way tonight and they were reduced to having to do a lot of niggly 'cheating' fouls to stop us running riot in the second half.
A really cracking performance from all of the players but from the management too.
The Clayton End also played their part tonight and urged the boys on to a great win. We should all sleep well tonight!
ON STANLEY ON
WITH JIMMY AND JOHN

[B]
Forgot to mention Chapman who did his stuff when needed tonight. He will be made up with another clean sheet.
He just did a couple of dodgy kicks late on after he changed his right boot for
his shiny black right footed 'Sunday Best' shoe![/B]

Last edited by choirboy; 21-11-2017 at 22:03.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..