Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2014, 16:48   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe match thread

A special mention for Kal Naismith,he was tremendous today ,chased ,harried and his free kicks and corners were sublime .
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2014, 16:51   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The free kicks in particular were first class. The wycombe No2 deserves a mention, big strong lad n like lightening. had Kal beat fer pace n hes a quick lad, very good defender, impressed me,
KiTChener likes this.
Old 20-12-2014, 17:06   #18
Senior Member+

Shows how far we have come recently when I am disappointed with a draw against the league leaders who have a tremendous away record.
I thought after ten minutes,was the weather affecting the game as Wycombe were dominating second balls and pressing us with ease,although in reality they only had one shot on target in the first half and scored a worldy.
The weather did effect the game IMO as we were fantastic in the second half and really should have won 4-1,how their keeper kept out two of the attempts is a mystery.
We knew how Wycombe have been playing 4-1-3-2 so our full backs had to tuck in,but they had two class fullbacks and wingers to spread the play two.
We really had to work hard to get out to them and that battle was worth the entrance money alone.
For me Atkinson was superb,not only in contact areas but kept his position and shape.
First half we did miss the attacking focal point,but I am nitpicking now,the second half performance as good as anything in recent weeks,despite mid week game/injuries/illnesses etc..they deserve a pat on the back
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 18:34   #19

If the officials had been up to scratch we'd have won.

Their goal had a blatant offside in the build up.

One of their defenders made a world class diving save which both the ref and liner managed to miss.

Their CB threw himself to the floor when put under pressure and should have got a second yellow for it.

Throw in a few unbelievable saves from their keeper and it just wasn't our day.

Well played Stanley - was expecting a thrashing and came away having done enough to win it.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 18:46   #20
Senior Member+

Well my first two pence worth in a few weeks.......

Said I would take a draw before a ball was kicked and that is what we got.

As others have said...... The officials really where dreadful in every way. Some of the bookings where ridiculous. Jacobsen was acting like a complete idiot all game, which was quite annoying considering what we did for him.

As for the team, was rather surprised to see the golden boy dropped, his introduction as a sub was laughable. But thought we played quite well in the second 45 as a whole. O Sullivan looks the real deal , such a shame his loan is up. Fingers crossed he is the first man Coley gets back!

A nice solid performance by the rest, Hunt looked a little short of match fitness which was no surprise. Mccarten looks to have a new lease of life under Coley which is great to see.

I must also mention Simpson in goal, who I thought in the circumstances did pretty well today. It can't be easy knowing that your boss doesn't rate you, but to perform like he did today after weeks and weeks on the bench. Let's not forget he was our best player for the first 5 games of the season. He obviously has the talent, so well done lad.

All aboard the train .... oh wait....... car to York !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 19:18   #21

at least Murph didn't get to score in 93rd minute!!
AccyMad likes this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 19:21   #22
Senior Member+

Strange Windass was superb in the second half he played at Yeovil and today not even on the bench and he's not injured..... Strange man Super Johnny Coleman!!!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 20-12-2014, 19:22   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
at least Murph didn't get to score in 93rd minute!!
To be honest thought he was pretty anonymous.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 20-12-2014, 19:33   #24
Senior Member+

Murphy ???????????????????????????
Old 20-12-2014, 21:06   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
?...rather surprised to see the golden boy dropped, his introduction as a sub was laughable....!
Perhaps bringing Crooks on means Huddersfield pay his wages?
sparkie, yonmon and Chubbyman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 21:52   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Perhaps bringing Crooks on means Huddersfield pay his wages?
Have discussed with Angeb and see the only reason for his inclusion has to be financial as he has to be one of the worst players to wear the red shirt for a very very long time
Old 20-12-2014, 22:01   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
Have discussed with Angeb and see the only reason for his inclusion has to be financial as he has to be one of the worst players to wear the red shirt for a very very long time
Maybe so but no-one can blame the lad for his inclusion, & to the idiots who boo' ed loudly when the lad's name was read out as a sub - hang your heads in shame!! Whoever is named in the squad deserves the full support of the fans!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 22:09   #28
Senior Member+

Thought we dealt with Murphys threat really well with Proccy being switched on every time he looked to make his late runs.
Keeper did ok,although his style of staying deep is not my cup of tea,he is obviously comfortable playing that way and keepers like Casper schmicel adopt the same principle,so who am I to doubt it as he's a good shot stopper !!
For me though a deep starting position drags the defenders deeper as they are reluctant to give space to run into.
Saying that,Tom and Rob held a high line in the first half which was pleasing to See
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 22:15   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Maybe so but no-one can blame the lad for his inclusion, & to the idiots who boo' ed loudly when the lad's name was read out as a sub - hang your heads in shame!! Whoever is named in the squad deserves the full support of the fans!
I totally agree with you we are Stanley and whoever wears the shirt should be supported we are not one of these tourist premier league clubs we are who we are and that makes me so proud ... A unique football club!
Old 20-12-2014, 22:56   #30
Resting in Peace

A fair report:-

Wycombe Wanderers - Blues bank another point at Stanley
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..