Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2014, 12:19   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe match thread

Murphy wasn't booed in the Clayton End....he got a great round of applause before kick off.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2014, 12:36   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
If It went on what happens in training...Piero and Lids wouldn't have been out for weeks and Windass would be first on the team sheet along with Piero.No Coley got it wrong as Crookes 4 performances have shown and anyone who does think we would have beat Yeovil first time with any other set up must be mad.
Now that's a different perspective.
Not witnessed any sessions,but had reports on the full scale matches played behind closed doors.
I have said before they are all good players,so it's about opinions on what players will do the job required against different opposition every week.
Looking at our position ( four points from play offs) coming into the Xmas period,I suggest we have made more "better" ones than "poor" ones.
It's sometimes not who's the best player,but who will do the job required of them.
The players you mentioned are all quality players who will bring something to the team.
DAV007 likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 13:02   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its the poor ones consistently that "All" the people i speak too, get annoyed with, its the same principle as "Good News Don't Sell Papers"
Old 21-12-2014, 13:23   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Now that's a different perspective.
Not witnessed any sessions,but had reports on the full scale matches played behind closed doors.
I have said before they are all good players,so it's about opinions on what players will do the job required against different opposition every week.
Looking at our position ( four points from play offs) coming into the Xmas period,I suggest we have made more "better" ones than "poor" ones.
It's sometimes not who's the best player,but who will do the job required of them.
The players you mentioned are all quality players who will bring something to the team.
Are you Dr. Pangloss in disguise? I.e, "Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds"?
smudgie and cashman like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 13:24   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Murphy wasn't booed in the Clayton End....he got a great round of applause before kick off.
Glad to hear it, wouldn't have expected anything else from Stanley fans.

P.S. Is Dr.Pangloss still playing on the wing for Panathenaikos?

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 21-12-2014 at 13:26.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 14:01   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Are you Dr. Pangloss in disguise? I.e, "Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds"?
Well, it's a happier approach than assuming every point Stanley gain, and their top-half placing, must be by accident, because the manager's clearly useless so can't take any credit ....
DAV007 and football19 like this.
Old 21-12-2014, 14:17   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Way above my head that Redraine
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 15:13   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Sounds like you're saying that it's ok to boo our own players? Everyone has their opinions but what good does it do anyone to get on the lad's back & boo when his names read out
Di !..Didn't everyone agree in a thread of a fortnight or so ago that no TRUE fan of Accrington Stanley would ever resort to booing the Reds or any of our players whatever the situation ?.
What's more it seemed to be everyone's opinion that this offensive form of behaviour negates the solidarity between the team and their fans which everyone looks for in the club !.

So you don't need to read between the lines to determine what my opinion is of anyone who allows an opinion which they have formed to cause them to resort to such ill-humoured behaviour !.

PS...And didn't I hear some angelic voices asking for ' good will to all men ' ?.
football19 likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 15:33   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Way above my head that Redraine
What he really means, and putting it quite basic terms is.......the world is perfect and all evil in it is simply the means to a greater good !. same as 4-4-2-1 or 4-3-3-1 ?.

As Aleksandr would say........' Simple' tchik !!....
Redraine likes this.

Last edited by yonmon; 21-12-2014 at 15:38.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 16:57   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Well, it's a happier approach than assuming every point Stanley gain, and their top-half placing, must be by accident, because the manager's clearly useless so can't take any credit ....
Oi! I hope you aren't insinuating that I don't get behind the team. Up until recently, when I haven't had as much puff as I used to have, nobody could be more vocal in support the whole team. In fact, if all supporters did the same the Crown would really be the intimidating place for the opposition that Coley has always yearned for. And, no, I don't boo!
yonmon likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 17:56   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oi! I hope you aren't insinuating that I don't get behind the team. Up until recently, when I haven't had as much puff as I used to have, nobody could be more vocal in support the whole team. In fact, if all supporters did the same the Crown would really be the intimidating place for the opposition that Coley has always yearned for. And, no, I don't boo!
No, not for a minute, and sorry if you thought I was. You suggested F19's glasses are rose-tinted - well that's my default setting too, so I was simply supporting his view that just possibly JC has half an idea what he's doing, as I'm getting tee'd off at the constant knocking.
MikeA and DAV007 like this.
Old 21-12-2014, 18:04   #57

Some interesting posts after this game.

On the subject of booing i was in the main stand and did hear some.shouts of derision when Crooks was waiting to come on but they were directed at Coleman rather than Crooks. Also Murphy got a good round of applause when he came off.

I do think Coleman's team selections and substitutions have cost us in the last few games. Yesterday a prime example: Carver started Tuesday and Windass came on as sub, both left out completely yesterday in favour of players who Coleman hasn't played for weeks. I thought our 'front four' were really poor for much of the game, McCarten especially for me is like a broken clock - does something right twice a day! The 4 of them looked knackered after an hour, but Coleman leaves it until a couple of minutes to go until he brings on Crooks. Why not Mingoia who apart from Tuesday has been on fire. Why not the forgotten man Gray who is still top scorer?

Obviously Coleman is an experienced manager but personally I think the last few weeks have exposed the tactical weaknesses and stubborness that explain why after nearly 20 years in management hes reached the heady heights of mid-table League 2!!
cashman, Greeny and Chubbyman like this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 18:21   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Obviously Coleman is an experienced manager but personally I think the last few weeks have exposed the tactical weaknesses and stubborness that explain why after nearly 20 years in management hes reached the heady heights of mid-table League 2!!
But aren't these also the tactical strengths and stubbornness that have dragged a Unibond club to the heady heights of mid-table League 2??
Oldgobbin, Redraine and DAV007 like this.
Old 21-12-2014, 18:46   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
But aren't these also the tactical strengths and stubbornness that have dragged a Unibond club to the heady heights of mid-table League 2??
Thats beyond dispute by anyone, also a fact is yeh can reach yer limits, or only go so far?
KiTChener likes this.
Old 21-12-2014, 19:19   #60

The 'limits' of mid table - leaning towards playoffs are better than Cook, Lean or Beatts achieved.

I'm happy with survival every year - with Coley we get entertainment to boot ... Plus the flirtation with the playoff spots.

He definitely has his flaws but as we say with many of the men wearing Stanley shirts - if they didn't have their flaws they wouldn't be at Accy.

Happiest I've been as a Stanley fan for a while :-)
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..