Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2014, 12:07   #1
God Member

Wycombe match thread

Ainsworth was at Yeovil on Tuesday, so can we expect his players to also lunge at and harry Stanley to disrupt their game? If so, it may be interesting to see if a 'premier league' ref makes a difference to the outcome this time.
Will Jacobson and Murphy be on their game?
Even more importantly, will Mr.Murphy Snr remember to stand on the Coppice end?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2014, 12:13   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Wycombe match thread

What concerned me a bit about this ref, Has he been demoted fer being crap or what? Cos we've sure had some real clowns this season.
Old 20-12-2014, 13:49   #3

for the second match running I can't log on to Dan's comm. because demand exceeds capacity set by the host. Anyone else with the same problem ? - will only be around to catch the second half but looking like auntie beeb will have to do.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 13:56   #4
Full Member+

I have the same problem too.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 14:18   #5
Senior Member+

me too, surely there can't be that many on luckily got radio commentary, unluckily we're getting battered!
Old 20-12-2014, 14:34   #6
Full Member+

Accy Stanley Twitter has some text comm, but also says no text comm on fishy site today hence the message...
Old 20-12-2014, 14:35   #7
Full Member+

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASFCofficial for the twitter comm
Old 20-12-2014, 15:16   #8
Full Member+

1-1 Maguire!
Old 20-12-2014, 16:13   #9
God Member

Good point against the league leaders and hot shots. Some bold changes by Professor Coleman. Well done to all, including the 1,100+ true Stanley fans.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 16:20   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good point imho, against the best side ive seen at the crown this season, First half Wycombe mollered us, dunno what was said at half time, but a different Stanley came out second half, Reckon the Wycombe fans left happy with a point, Great credit to the lads.
Old 20-12-2014, 16:23   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What concerned me a bit about this ref, Has he been demoted fer being crap or what? Cos we've sure had some real clowns this season.
According to the Beeb, he's been injured since his last game - last season's FA Cup final! Hope he liked the officials' changing room .......

Good result the way Wycombe are going this season
Old 20-12-2014, 16:30   #12
Resting in Peace

Agree with that Cashy, though I can't believe you haven't commented on the ref., which is unlike you! I never do so but that ex Premier reject was the worst I've seen for a while. He let all their rugby tackles go but booked Jonno for giving as good as he was getting for the same thing, and booked our players for straightforward strong ball winning tackles. Aldred and Atkinson were immense again. But for their goalie pulling off a couple of stunning saves late on we would have had the 3 points.
AccyMad likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 16:37   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It was just the norm, the liner on cowshed was even worse. I'm convinced our crap facilities contribute in some way,to these decisions by officials.
smobile likes this.
Old 20-12-2014, 16:40   #14
God Member

Good game today in difficult conditions 5 changes to any team is hard to take and it showed first half against a very well organized team unit, 2nd half we got into our stride and could have
won it but I,ll take a point special mention to Luke Simpson stepped in and 2 half had an excellent game and produced a marvellous save to keep us in it.
AccyMad likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 16:44   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

With games coming thick n fast oer xmas, i'm happy we got such a good squad this season.
yonmon and andyd like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..