Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2016, 20:11   #16

Re: Wycombe Match Thread.

one hopes for clean sheets but mucky blankets is wot we gets mostly. Only 7 blanks for the opposition out of 36 played.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2016, 20:13   #17
God Member

Could be hard for us to get a second,I think Wycombe has only conceded 12 away goals prior to taday.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 20:22   #18

we need a hero - c'mon Billy lad
Old 16-03-2016, 20:30   #19
God Member

C'mon you REDS.Give us one more.
Old 16-03-2016, 20:36   #20
God Member

4 mins injury time.Rabbit out of hat please
Old 16-03-2016, 20:40   #21
God Member

Dam..
Old 16-03-2016, 20:43   #22

another missed opportunity, Kiwi. Hope the rain stops for you now. Best wishes - now where did I put that bottle ------
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 16-03-2016, 20:44   #23
God Member

Its another point closer and another game without loss :-)
Old 16-03-2016, 20:45   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
another missed opportunity, Kiwi. Hope the rain stops for you now. Best wishes - now where did I put that bottle ------
Quit happy for a day off LLS, been 23 days straight (Harvest season) and we could do with some rain.
Old 16-03-2016, 21:04   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The second half was as bad as the first was good. he who must not be named missed an open goal before shay scored, also was very poor again. yet stayed on the pitch until the last 5 mins. another surprise,
Old 16-03-2016, 21:21   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Its another point closer and another game without loss :-)
And the record for scoring in every home game goes on . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 21:28   #27

A point earned for me and fair reflection of the game. Wycombe liked the long ball and physical hold up for runners up top. Wasn't much happening for either team 1st half (entertainment was Robbie savage getting Clayton end abuse) if anything Wycombe looked slightly more threatening till final few mins of half when scored. We came out second half and had a good spell of pressure unfortunately we couldn't fashion a goal. For there goal one of there forwards got the better of 3 of our defenders to play in the scorer. After this we created a couple of chances but they created more pressure around our goal. Piero gets my special mention tonight works tirelessly and along with billy creates alot of our best chances.
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 21:44   #28
Senior Member+

Yes a point earned, but Wycombe's physical hold up was just that, physical. How Tierney (Ref) and his assistants missed all that I will never know. The nudge in the back of Billy Whizz and others, grabbing players round the chest and other areas of the body went unpunished. As for stats, according to BBC we had 68% possession, 6 shots with 4 on goal in the first half to Wycombe's 32%, 8 shot and not one on target. 2nd half Wycombe came into it a lot more, but I thought Stanley had the wherewithal to score a 2nd, not to be. So Daggers on Saturday is a must win game for me.
AccyMad likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 21:48   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The second half was as bad as the first was good. he who must not be named missed an open goal before shay scored, also was very poor again. yet stayed on the pitch until the last 5 mins. another surprise,
I agree with your summary Cashy. We certainly bossed the first half and should have been a goal up before Shay scored. In the second half we let their big lad up front bully his way into our defenders, assisted by the referee who I felt let Wycombe get away with a lot of their players simply running into our players. They persistently bundled into the back of our lads or simply shoved them sideways!
Some observers would say that the referee had a good game because he only booked two players, didn't give a lot of free kicks and tried to keep play going. For me his approach allowed Wycombe to play a 'spoiling' tactical game and they were clearly happy to take one point home once they had equalised! They certainly wasted time at every opportunity late on!
Having said all that we still lacked the real penetration and killer instinct in front of goal which I think has been our one weakness all season. Billy Kee had another great game against difficult opponents but you could see how frustrated he looked after the final whistle because he had worked his socks off. Pierro once again played well and made life very difficult for Joe Jacobson, who I think is a tremendous player with a super left foot, and he also stopped Joe offering much going forward at which he is quite effective.
Matt Pearson had another good game and was the model of commitment and determination.
We missed the physical stature and unpredictable creativity that Crooksy brings to our side tonight although
Like Cashy hints at I think Coley could/should have done the double substitution a bit earlier and I fell that he should have brought on Rommy with the young lad Shaw which would have put Wycombe under a lot more pressure with their pace and energy in the closing stages. I couldn't see the purpose of bringing Procky on when he did, love him as much as we all do, as he didn't really do anything!
It would have been a disaster to have lost tonight but a draw stops Wycombe gaining ground on us.
Ten matches left and all to play for. An awful lot can happen in the closing stages of the season and Stanley need to keep battling on. It should be better when Windass and Winnard get fully fit as we seem to be getting a bit thin on the ground in certain areas of our squad at the moment. I really hope that Crooksy can bounce back quickly too as we missed him tonight!
Keep the Faith.
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 16-03-2016 at 21:53.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 22:00   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
A point earned for me and fair reflection of the game. Wycombe liked the long ball and physical hold up for runners up top. Wasn't much happening for either team 1st half (entertainment was Robbie savage getting Clayton end abuse) if anything Wycombe looked slightly more threatening till final few mins of half when scored. We came out second half and had a good spell of pressure unfortunately we couldn't fashion a goal. For there goal one of there forwards got the better of 3 of our defenders to play in the scorer. After this we created a couple of chances but they created more pressure around our goal. Piero gets my special mention tonight works tirelessly and along with billy creates alot of our best chances.
Robbie Savage has never been "More closely marked" in his whole career than he was in the first half tonight by young Dean in the Clayton End!
Robbie took the banter in great spirit and enjoyed the creative singing from The Ultras.
Not sure if he and Jermain enjoyed the soup that they had to eat for the cameras though.
It looked a bit like thick liquid dog pooh to me!

Last edited by choirboy; 16-03-2016 at 22:02.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..