Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2016, 05:24   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe Match Thread.

Thought the result was a fair one.
We edged the first half and they the second.
Wycombe play a typical second division style of game,long ball to a big centre forward and play off the second ball.
Think the bobbley surface and wind was a factor and suited their game more.
They set up 4-3-3 and made it difficult to play from the back and to be fair all their back four had electric pace which also made it difficult.
Thought we may hold onto our lead,but a combination of us tiring and them bringing on another big,quick centre forward,turned the game for them.
But it's another point and one of our rivals didn't gain any ground on us
KTF
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2016, 07:00   #32
Senior Member+

Just watched Coley's video interview on the fishy site and he concurs with my view on the referee far too often allowing the Wycombe players to run straight through our boys. He particularly commented about the treatment given out to Billy Kee and the lack of free kicks that should have been awarded to us. Coley seemed frustrated by that but also by Wycombe's largely 'Route 1' style.
In the Clayton End around me we all seem to go with Coley about wanting to play our passing game which we really enjoy watching and I too cannot understand those geezers in the main stand who seem to want us to play 'hoof ball'!
At the end of the match I was convinced that we had been awarded about 20+ free kicks on our players but was frustrated, when I checked the BBC Stats, that we only got similar to our opponents around the dozen mark!
Really we should have had more protection from the referee from Wycombe's bullying tactics. A couple of bookings in the first half would have sorted this and made for a much better entertaining match.
John also made reference to our growing injury list and it shows now that he was right to strengthen the squad in mid season.
Come on Stanley.... keep battling on!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 08:16   #33
God Member

I agree, thought Coley got it spot on - although I think Bill Turnbull who was sat behind me would disagree, I know he's a Wycombe fan but let's just say his commentary was a little on the biased side to say the least!
It's only a small minority of main standers (sitters?) who feel the need to heckle for the hoofball tactics - i cringe at their comments sometimes but unfortunately don't sit near enough to treat 'em to the stony glare they deserve
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 09:01   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have to say the ultras were great again last night, was good to see the large flags make an appearance, keep it up lads n get us oer the finishing line.
Old 17-03-2016, 10:02   #35
God Member

It's only a small minority of main standers (sitters?) who feel the need to heckle for the hoofball tactics -

I don't know why some bother to come. playing route 1 or hoofball might be ok if you have two 6foot 3lads up front but we haven,t. thought Wycombe did a job on us last night both tactically and physically. closed us down so we couldn,t play from the back like we like to do and forced us to go long at times. at least a point from a very forgettable game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 10:06   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The second half was as bad as the first was good. he who must not be named missed an open goal before shay scored, also was very poor again. yet stayed on the pitch until the last 5 mins. another surprise,
better than last Saturday though but still room for improvement.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 10:24   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I agree, thought Coley got it spot on - although I think Bill Turnbull who was sat behind me would disagree, I know he's a Wycombe fan but let's just say his commentary was a little on the biased side to say the least!
It's only a small minority of main standers (sitters?) who feel the need to heckle for the hoofball tactics - i cringe at their comments sometimes but unfortunately don't sit near enough to treat 'em to the stony glare they deserve
Hang on there young lady !...

Last night I actually heard the cry... 'keep it on't floor a bit !' from the usual suspects .
and felt slightly elated at this strange mantra....but sad to say it wasn't long before the usual exhortation was heard !, plus a postscript which suggested that Coley doesn't know what he's doing !.

I despair !... as does Alfred.E who thinks that Robbie Savage'has no right to demonstrate his obvious narcissism at The Crown !..
AccyMad and Wynonie Harris like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..