Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2016, 19:13   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe Match Thread

Just got back to Nottingham crap accident on m40 delayed by about 45mins but

WHAT AN AFTERNOON

noise all the time we couldn't out sing Wycombe though cos they didn't sing.
Not a game for the purist but who chuffin' cares, great free kick from Josh right in front of us and Hughesy shinned it in..pure delight!

Time for wine now and roll on Satanage
Old 30-04-2016, 19:16   #47
Senior Member+

Well luckily enough its only a couple hours back to East London from Wycombe so im back in the work digs.........

First thing to note was the support......... I think 580 was the official number, certainly the largest ive seen for a long time watching stanley, well done to all that made the trip.

As for the game, as others have said I thought the first half was fairly even. Etheridge didnt have a save to make as far as I can remember? Not sure about 3 penalties.... But we 1000000% should have had at least 1.

Piero again took a big knock in the first half and never really recovered which was a shame. Windass for me M.O.M. Made the game look easy at times, but doesn't help himself with some of his theatrics.

Wonder if next week can actually be a "sell-out" ..... ironically a term we haven't heard at the Crown since we played those clowns in the playoff's.

Quick side note, big thanks to Wycombe who for me, in terms of organisation and friendliness are by far and away the best in the division.

On Stanley on.
Revived Red and chevyfire like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 19:27   #48
Full Member+

Wycombe 0-1 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 19:36   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Dam the 'CONTENT UNAVAILIABLE OUTSIDE THE UK'. The rest of the world is the one place it should be availiable.
yonmon likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 20:18   #50
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Dam the 'CONTENT UNAVAILIABLE OUTSIDE THE UK'. The rest of the world is the one place it should be availiable.
Mate, you're not the only one.
Old 30-04-2016, 20:22   #51
God Member

Smelling salts finally kicking in after all the excitement. What a result and what support!
It was b****y hard work. Wycombe harried Stanley and gave them little time or space then, when they had the ball, seemed to want to play beach football by trying to keep it constantly in the air. Weird tactics but, combined with Stanley's obvious nerves, it made the first half a tad frustrating. They created some good chances but appeared not to want to score as Etherington really didn't have a great deal to do, although he did that well.
Second half saw Stanley, and the fans, turn the screw and the goal just had to come when it did.
As others noted, ref was inconsistent (pulling Fosu down by an arm around his neck merely warranted a foul) but, to their credit, the players kept their heads and it just seemed to drive them on.
Can only hope Wycombe get their shooting boots back from the menders before next week's final fixtures.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 20:40   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Just watched the goal,quality free kick from josh,think yonmon could have knocked in the rebound
And from the sunny climes of Lake Garda.....well done to the wonderful Reds !...wish I'd been there to see it all, buf you can't have everything I suppose !...won't be back until the 11th so I won't be there to share in the final throw of the dice !.

KTF .
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 20:49   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Mate, you're not the only one.
And I'm another.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 22:46   #54

when I gets home the wife says "you've been shouting, 'cos your all hoarse". Answered with an emphatic neigh. Sorry, tired old git ready for Horlicks and shuteye.
Seriously, what an atmosphere - 'n the match was at least an hour away and not thru' the turnstiles yet ! Deserved hard fought victory against a decent side aided by a ref determined not to give a penalty though several valid claims. So, a decider against that side we all love from Stevenage - have tickets, will travel - old LongLost is coming home for the party.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:56   #55
Full Member+

Quote:
KJ there are some cracking bits on twitter of the goal and celle mate, from the away end.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:35   #56
God Member

cold up the moor but really exciting two hours listening to radio lancs. firstly f.c. oyston going down then another 90 odd mins of torture. fags and coffee running out quick. this is going to be a long week to Saturday. come on you reds we owe Stevenage or whatever you want to call them one. then the party can really begin.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:42   #57

Best away support ever, not just numbers but also in volume, pride and splendid one-eyed passion for the Reds. Was walking up the road to the ground about half-two and could hear the drum and the singing, and thought, 'Blimey, they're in the ground already.' In fact, there was a massive party going on in the car park, helped a little by the fact that Wycombe had put a beer tent there!

It was a game of low quality but high tension, settled by the one moment of class from Josh, with a terrific free-kick that deserved to be a goal in its own right, but was saved by the excellent Wycombe keeper, who also kept out a couple of long-range efforts in the first-half. I agree with F19 about the safety-first approach, putting Halliday in the middle in the absence of Crooks is making us very difficult indeed to break down, but puts a huge onus on Billy and the two wingers, who also do their fair share of defending as well. Chances aren't as easily created without Crooksy, but if you aren't conceding then it only needs one chance to land on Billy's right peg and we're home.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:30   #58
God Member

If anybody stopped over and is travelling back, please keep an eye out for my voice - i left it down there :-(
LongLostSon and sherry like this.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:53   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
If anybody stopped over and is travelling back, please keep an eye out for my voice - i left it down there :-(
You say that like it's a bad thing??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 16:17   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:

I am in total agreement John !..A Stanley-less afternoon in Italy is not good !

Regards.

A.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..