Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2016, 18:51   #61

Re: Wycombe Match Thread

It was the most nerve wracking game I've ever been to. We had a great time, my 3 kids were singing on the way home.

I'm cancelling an operation so I can be there for the last game. No way I could miss it.
KiTChener and Revived Red like this.
McKayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2016, 19:05   #62
Senior Member+

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DAY OUT AT WYCOMBE FOR THE STANLEY FAITHFUL AND FOR OUR TEAM!

The pressure was certainly on Accrington Stanley......... playing AWAY at Wycombe Wanderers, a team with an excellent defensive record and with Oxford United and Bristol Rovers both breathing down our necks and just waiting for us to slip up!

The response from here UP NORTH was just FANtastic......

Coley and Jimmy; Set the team up for this match perfectly both physically and mentally.........
The PLAYERS; Once again responded with TOTAL COMMITMENT and TEAMWORK......
And the STANLEY SUPPORTERS; Certainly played their part! Turning out in great numbers........A MAGNIFICENT...... 584 FANS...... I believe is the official figure for the visiting supporters.....Yes 584 supporters showing the same level of energy and commitment as the players.
All returning home later totally shattered; Management, players and supporters having given everything on a memorable day for our club!

All of these factors combined to produce a highly successful outcome in gaining THREE MORE POINTS on our journey towards PROMOTION.

Such well organised stuff from Ash and his helpers in getting the coach seat allocation done very efficiently at The Crown and around the ground.
A great trip down the motorways with superb singing at the Motorway Services........
BRILLIANT singing and drinking before the match on the Wanderers concourse enabled by sensible stewarding by the Wycombe security staff........
From the moment we all moved onto the Away End, the Stanley Ultras (and more) sang and sang and sang our hearts out never ceasing form the first whistle to the final whistle.......
And then singing on and on until the players came out to unite with us in song and celebration.........it was FANtastic stuff indeed.

The actual match was less significant than the result as far as I was concerned. The play was somewhat spoiled by another inconsistent referee and a Wycombe side who were quite 'robust' in trying to deal with the threats of Billy, Pierro, Josh, Brad and Tariq. We had a couple of good penalty shouts turned down and their debutant keeper made some good saves, and we didn't really get any proper 'breaks' until we scored. After that we could easily have scored again and 2 - 0 would have been a fairer reflection of how the match had played out.

To their credit Wycombe had a lot of possession for 25 minutes or so after half time and the relief was palpable when we scored...Actually NO that doesn't do it justice........WE ALL WENT SIMPLY BARMY....hugging anybody within reach.......Grown men shedding tears of joy and relief........
and then the jangling nerves watching the clock countdown to 90 minutes and then.......OMG......ANOTHER FIVE minutes extra to endure!!!!!

What a relief at the final whistle.
1 - 0 to us........ VICTORY..... and THREE MORE POINTS!!!

The Stanley Faithful sang on and on until Coley brought the team out.......What an atmosphere and heartfelt gratitude there was between players, staff and supporters........"ONE ACCRINGTON STANLEY"......(some words from one of our long time chants)........but certainly true of ACRRINGTON STANLEY THE CLUB ON THIS PARTICULAR DAY!

AWESOME....AWESOME....AWESOME....AWESOME....SIMPLY AWESOME....

Now......we move on to THE FINAL SHOWDOWN against an 'Old Enemy' next week.......
So...SAME AGAIN EVERYBODY next Saturday and we will complete another amazing chapter in the history of our FAMOUS 'LITTLE' BIG CLUB.........
ACCRINGTON STANLEY.........
THE CLUB THAT WOULDN'T DIE!

ON STANLEYON......
KEEP THE FAITH......
"BELIEVE"
AccyMad, KiTChener, sherry and 1 others like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 01-05-2016 at 19:11.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 19:56   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DAY OUT AT WYCOMBE FOR THE STANLEY FAITHFUL AND FOR OUR TEAM!

The pressure was certainly on Accrington Stanley......... playing AWAY at Wycombe Wanderers, a team with an excellent defensive record and with Oxford United and Bristol Rovers both breathing down our necks and just waiting for us to slip up!

The response from here UP NORTH was just FANtastic......

Coley and Jimmy; Set the team up for this match perfectly both physically and mentally.........
The PLAYERS; Once again responded with TOTAL COMMITMENT and TEAMWORK......
And the STANLEY SUPPORTERS; Certainly played their part! Turning out in great numbers........A MAGNIFICENT...... 584 FANS...... I believe is the official figure for the visiting supporters.....Yes 584 supporters showing the same level of energy and commitment as the players.
All returning home later totally shattered; Management, players and supporters having given everything on a memorable day for our club!

All of these factors combined to produce a highly successful outcome in gaining THREE MORE POINTS on our journey towards PROMOTION.

Such well organised stuff from Ash and his helpers in getting the coach seat allocation done very efficiently at The Crown and around the ground.
A great trip down the motorways with superb singing at the Motorway Services........
BRILLIANT singing and drinking before the match on the Wanderers concourse enabled by sensible stewarding by the Wycombe security staff........
From the moment we all moved onto the Away End, the Stanley Ultras (and more) sang and sang and sang our hearts out never ceasing form the first whistle to the final whistle.......
And then singing on and on until the players came out to unite with us in song and celebration.........it was FANtastic stuff indeed.

The actual match was less significant than the result as far as I was concerned. The play was somewhat spoiled by another inconsistent referee and a Wycombe side who were quite 'robust' in trying to deal with the threats of Billy, Pierro, Josh, Brad and Tariq. We had a couple of good penalty shouts turned down and their debutant keeper made some good saves, and we didn't really get any proper 'breaks' until we scored. After that we could easily have scored again and 2 - 0 would have been a fairer reflection of how the match had played out.

To their credit Wycombe had a lot of possession for 25 minutes or so after half time and the relief was palpable when we scored...Actually NO that doesn't do it justice........WE ALL WENT SIMPLY BARMY....hugging anybody within reach.......Grown men shedding tears of joy and relief........
and then the jangling nerves watching the clock countdown to 90 minutes and then.......OMG......ANOTHER FIVE minutes extra to endure!!!!!

What a relief at the final whistle.
1 - 0 to us........ VICTORY..... and THREE MORE POINTS!!!

The Stanley Faithful sang on and on until Coley brought the team out.......What an atmosphere and heartfelt gratitude there was between players, staff and supporters........"ONE ACCRINGTON STANLEY"......(some words from one of our long time chants)........but certainly true of ACRRINGTON STANLEY THE CLUB ON THIS PARTICULAR DAY!

AWESOME....AWESOME....AWESOME....AWESOME....SIMPLY AWESOME....

Now......we move on to THE FINAL SHOWDOWN against an 'Old Enemy' next week.......
So...SAME AGAIN EVERYBODY next Saturday and we will complete another amazing chapter in the history of our FAMOUS 'LITTLE' BIG CLUB.........
ACCRINGTON STANLEY.........
THE CLUB THAT WOULDN'T DIE!

ON STANLEYON......
KEEP THE FAITH......
"BELIEVE"
Good to meet you yesterday pal from myself and Ange B, one hell of a day and bring on our friends on Saturday
choirboy likes this.
Old 01-05-2016, 20:15   #64
God Member

Brilliant post Choirboy - was almost in tears again reading that
Still totally drained today - thank the Lord it's a bank holiday tomorrow, couldn't cope with my alarm going off at 6.30!
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 21:40   #65

To those frustrated at not being able to watch the highlights abroad:
I take it you are aware that there are ways around that. I can watch the highlights in Spain.
You may not want to invest in a VPN tunnel at this late stage of the season, but there are some relatively inexpensive deals to be found for next season.
Hughes doesn't score many with his feet, does he? If his shin had been half an inch thinner he would have missed!
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 22:15   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKayz View Post
It was the most nerve wracking game I've ever been to. We had a great time, my 3 kids were singing on the way home.

I'm cancelling an operation so I can be there for the last game. No way I could miss it.
If you think yesterday was nerve wracking, wait till next Saturday!
McKayz and monkey hanger like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:20   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
If you think yesterday was nerve wracking, wait till next Saturday!
only five days 5 hours and 40 mins to go. time going slower than when I was at work.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 19:01   #68
Senior Member+

Just watched Hughes' cracking video on the 'Fishy' site.
He was certainly impressed with the Stanley following and stated what a MASSIVE help it is to the players!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 19:03   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Were did yeh get yer translator from?
choirboy likes this.
Old 02-05-2016, 21:31   #70

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/m...-kick-off.html

The Stanley contingent before kick off
Snarling Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 21:43   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Were did yeh get yer translator from?
Why? Queen's English compared with Coley's usual.
choirboy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 21:52   #72
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greger View Post
To those frustrated at not being able to watch the highlights abroad:
I take it you are aware that there are ways around that. I can watch the highlights in Spain.
You may not want to invest in a VPN tunnel at this late stage of the season, but there are some relatively inexpensive deals to be found for next season.
Hughes doesn't score many with his feet, does he? If his shin had been half an inch thinner he would have missed!
Or this way https://www.youtube.com/attribution_...eature%3Dshare enjoy
choirboy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..