Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2018, 11:14   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe One Up Front Match Thread

More Deja vu ?.

Thought I'd seen the last of this gradual loss of midfield and defensive shape at Rochdale..
a prime example of this being with The Chairboys second goal, where their right-side midfielder ran into the box totally unchallenged and set up the goal !.. No cover at all was offered to Nick by the Golden one, and the goal, which incidentally was well taken, ensued.

Even more Deja vu ?..

Apart from the buzzing around of Sam Finlay, who understandably tired after 70 minutes or so, the contribution from our other midfielder was again very poor, and whatever leadership qualities our Manager seems to think he possesses are seldom if ever on show !.

Even more Deja vu ?.

Where do The Football League find their League 1 Referees ?... it was difficult to understand his behaviour where his decision-making and attitude towards both teams were concerned..
I felt that he was suffering from a degree of self-importance from his posturing which completely affected his value to the game !. Where Do they find 'em??.

Yet more Deja vu !! .

After Rochdale, I suggested that the Roller-Coaster ride might be ready to roll !...
Last night I tentatively took my seat and closed my eyes to the possibility of what might be waiting around the corner !..

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2018, 11:34   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to say i have always thought Wycomes fans are ok, having been down yon a coulpe of times.
I totally agree. It is a pleasure to go to Wycombe. Their fans (and stewards) are excellent.
cashman and chevyfire like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 11:43   #18
Full Member+

when Wycome played all 3 of their subs it stood out a mile they were going to win. coley should have seen this and used all our 3 soon enough to make a chance. Hope sat is better.
Revived Red and monkey hanger like this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 12:05   #19

We all know Coley likes his team to play a certain way - last season it won us the league.
So where is it going wrong? The stats from last nights game sum up the problem.
60% possession with 15 goal attempts. Final product - 1 goal.
Analyse the stats & the games against Rochdale & Wycombe are ones we should have won with ease.
We're still creating chances but failing to convert enough of them.
For me, our success last season was due largely to the partnership of Kayden Jackson & Billy Kee.
Jackson was lethal at turning any opportunity into a goal, or lay it on a plate for Billy Kee.
This season, we seem to operate with either Kee or Zanzala as lone strikers, against better defences.
Kee's an expert poacher without being creative. Zanzala tries his best but is no Kayden Jackson.
Opponents spend hours analysing ways to prevent us from playing our game.
They know; (a) how we play & (b) which players they'll be up against.
We make it easy for them because for Stanley a+b never changes!
Playing a certain way is fine when your winning, but if it fails you need a Plan B.
Failure isn't fatal, but failure to change might be.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 14:44   #20

Lord Stiff - yes, Kayden Jackson is probably the most decisive factor. We are better in midfield than last year and as good in defence.

Deja Vu Yonmon? Complaining about refs when we lose. Didn’t think he did too badly. Coleman complained we should have had two penalties. I don’t agree.

Also, I’m not really in agreement with chucking loads of subs on. Generally keeping your best players on the pitch works best.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 15:47   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Lord Stiff - yes, Kayden Jackson is probably the most decisive factor. We are better in midfield than last year and as good in defence.

Deja Vu Yonmon? Complaining about refs when we lose. Didn’t think he did too badly. Coleman complained we should have had two penalties. I don’t agree.

Also, I’m not really in agreement with chucking loads of subs on. Generally keeping your best players on the pitch works best.
Only if they are playing well, plus employing a sub with 10 mins to go is nonsense.
Revived Red and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-11-2018, 16:02   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:

Merely a comment on how I assessed the Referees general performance, and the opinion which emerged from this !... ( I doubt that he will go far in his chosen profession, !). But I don't think that I apportioned any blame to him for the defeat ?..
That was entirely down to the factors which Lord S. has outlined so succinctly a couple of posts back, and some which others have so rightly noted

KTF. .
Revived Red likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 18:29   #23
God Member

Quote:

But it wasn't working well from the start of the second half all season Coley has said he has the strongest squad ever assembled by him at Stanley 31 players if you count Tony Warner 6 players out on loan 7 loanees in only 5 can be in squad that leaves 23 available before Rochdale game 1 suspended 2 unfit that leaves just 2 options to change the 18 why then are 6 out on loan is it match practice or does he not rate them good enough ? This to me is nowhere near enough a strong squad at this level January incoming players likely so Saturday is a must win for us and hopefully a money spinning 3rd round tie.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 19:27   #24
Senior Member+

The big fear who isn't here in January as well..........
Hall, Ihiekwe, Anderton I think are high risk.
The two Newcastle lads will stay unless someone comes in from the Championship for Barlaser which I think is unlikely.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 19:43   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats your big fear maybe, sure aint mine. no good at all bothering about who will or wont be here, thats life.
Old 28-11-2018, 20:54   #26
God Member

I've been assuming that Jordan Clark would be on his way in the New Year given, if I understand it correctly, his contract expires at the end of the season. If he's signed an extension then that's great news, because I think he's a good player (although he too is a tad out of goal scoring form at the moment).
But if Clark's isn't going to stay, better to try and sell him before his contract expires.
Figured that's why Piero was re-recruited.
Revived Red and chevyfire like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 10:36   #27
God Member

Where do The Football League find their League 1 Referees ?... it was difficult to understand his behaviour where his decision-making and attitude towards both teams were concerned..
I felt that he was suffering from a degree of self-importance from his posturing which completely affected his value to the game !. Where Do they find 'em??.

spot on assesment of a guy who not long ago was refereeing in the counferance north. fast track promotions again for certain individuals and remember the name oldham it may be playing in championship grounds close to you next season.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 15:04   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I've been assuming that Jordan Clark would be on his way in the New Year given, if I understand it correctly, his contract expires at the end of the season. If he's signed an extension then that's great news, because I think he's a good player (although he too is a tad out of goal scoring form at the moment).
But if Clark's isn't going to stay, better to try and sell him before his contract expires.
Figured that's why Piero was re-recruited.

Strange assumption. The club has a one year option at the end of this season. He's going nowhere unless the club decides to sell.
Old 29-11-2018, 15:06   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats your big fear maybe, sure aint mine. no good at all bothering about who will or wont be here, thats life.

The two defenders would be a big loss ...... surely you agree with that particularly the left back position. I would buy them both.
Old 29-11-2018, 15:17   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
The two defenders would be a big loss ...... surely you agree with that particularly the left back position. I would buy them both.
They would be a big loss no doubt, but that sorta thing has always happened with Stanley so pointless bothering.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..