Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2018, 17:59   #1

Wycombe One Up Front Match Thread

Kee on his tod up front. Zanzala dropped.
Might just work with that midfield dominating them?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2018, 19:37   #2

Re: Wycombe One Up Front Match Thread

Men v Boys. Should be out of sight. Goal feast coming up in the second half.
Old 27-11-2018, 20:42   #3

Not happy with that tonight

So called captain needs to be dropped asap appalling performance once again
Old 27-11-2018, 21:03   #4
God Member

What can you say?? At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 21:11   #5
God Member

We played well went up after 15 minutes their goalkeeper pulled of some worldies we missed some chanches then started to lose midfield were to be honest Conneely is shockingly slow at this level then we ran out of ideas up front and it was crying out for a change and personally I thought Ainsworth won the touchline battle tonight as Coleman yet again reluctant to change things till its to late.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 21:29   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Goal feast coming up in the second half.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 21:46   #7
Full Member+

Not had the best luck in the last 2 but 11 point clear and 2nd v league 2 club in FACC would have been more than welcome at this stage before the season started.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 21:46   #8

We are on are usual bad late autumn run of form. And luck as so happen in these situation deserts you. Created plenty of good chances. Enough to have won the game comfortably. But Wycombe kept battling went abit more usual Wycombe direct second half although never looked like scoring but took there chances well when they arrived.
I thought kee was better tonight upfront on his own with Finley, Clark and mcconville buzzing around and moving the ball well. Ikhweke despite are defences recent inability to keep clean sheets looks a good player at league one level. Hopefully the two cup games can get us back winning again.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 22:19   #9

Didn’t see that one coming! Jesus, what a shocker.
Don’t think they did much wrong apart from collectively just dropped half a gear second half, the great chances of the first half became rarer and the inevitable happened.
Billy did link up with the midfield pretty well but his goal tally from open play this year must be cause for concern? Think he’s only got two. Mainly he’s not getting chances - although tonight he had a couple and was unlucky with the one that hit the bar.
Clark isn’t quite causing as many problems for defences and I think it’s clear that Zanzala will give defences a tough time but he’s no Kayden Jackson. Conneely needs a couple of games to sharpen up, although he’s never going to displace Finley or Barlaser.
The positives? Sean had a more lively game tonight. Our passing was really good at times....Thought Barlaser shaded MOTM.

All in all though, a real downer. Reminded me of Stevenage away last season. Poor crowd, cold.
Old 27-11-2018, 22:40   #10

Crowd was 1,790. Blimey, I thought it was more like 1,300.
Specsavers appointment required.
Old 28-11-2018, 06:52   #11

I must say the Wycombe fans on their forum and Twitter sound a really nice lot! Almost feel pleased for them that they won.

The players that impressed their fans were Finley, Sean and Clark.

https://gasroom.org/discussion/4388/...ington-stanley
chevyfire likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 06:52   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I thought first half we hammered em easily,second half we did not start as well, thought Wycome put 2 subs on and changed their shape,and began to get well on top, Did we do anything to counter the new shape? NO we kept on the same,in fact we only put a sub on when they equalized, our captain has been back for two games, i dont think for 1 min he is a Div1 standard player,Coley for me has too many Favourites, the simple fact no plan B was used says much about his tactics. it reminds me of Teresa May.unless he changes quickly we are gonna end up having a long hard season imho.
Old 28-11-2018, 06:54   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I must say the Wycombe fans on their forum and Twitter sound a really nice lot! Almost feel pleased for them that they won.

The players that impressed their fans were Finley, Sean and Clark.

https://gasroom.org/discussion/4388/...ington-stanley
Have to say i have always thought Wycomes fans are ok, having been down yon a coulpe of times.
Old 28-11-2018, 08:49   #14
God Member

team that made 3 subs in good time 3 points. team that only made one later on 0 points.
cashman and keep the faith like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 08:54   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1219926],Coley for me has too many Favourites, the simple fact no plan B was used says much about his tactics.

said on he radio he had picked his side on sunday for last nights game. hope he takes longer to pick the one for saturday and has a word or two with other managers on how to make substitutions.
cashman and keep the faith like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..