Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2013, 20:37   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe Thread.

Northampton take the lead late on vs Torquay.

Good news.

Plymouth vs Exeter - hopefully Exeter will beat them in the devon derby
Bristol Rovers vs York -expect to see York pick up at least a point with Bristol having nothing to play for although Bristol do have some exciting youngsters coming through with a point to prove.

I wonder how much the Burton Albion team tommorrow will differ from Monday? They must fancy themseleves at home vs Chesterfield who have nothing to play for.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2013, 22:15   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach View Post
What a great way to start the Easter holiday! Feel a visit to the pub coming on.
Just got back from Wycombe. A dour game with the right result and yes on arrival in Wigan, went straight to the pub and had a couple of celebratory drinks.
Looking forward to Monday now against the Brewers. Will defo be there. Hope to see many more faces, maybe just maybe the club could make it a £10 on the gate game to entice the public back in and draw a biggish crowd of over 2,000. Here's hoping. Nice also to see I.K. sitting with the fans again. Total respect to the man and total respect to Armine Linganzi. A true 'red' sympathies to him and his family on the loss of his brother.
cashman, DAV007 and smobile like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 06:38   #33

It wasn't a c;assic" game true, but survival will come from winning games like this more than the champagne football we played v Wimbledon or 1st half v Barnet.
When I got home I checked the stats and amazed to see that Wycombe had only 2 shots on target. That speaks well for our defence who were under pressure a lot of the game and that is what we should take from this. A few months ago we would have been 3-0 down before Molyneaux's goal, but being able to go away, defend strongly on a bouncy pitch, restrict the opposition to just 2 shots on target. All those are real positives. Grabbing a last minute goal was the icing on the cake. and like all icings on cake, very welcome.
It was a perfect away trip in many ways: go away, defend from the front, work hard, keep the clean sheet and snatch a late winner.

Everyone of the players put in a shift. Wilson and Murphy were both stretched but hung in there. Beattie (i know he is not everyone's favourite) gave full effort even if his legs don't carry that bulky frame around so well these days. Linganzi was immense winning the ball in midfield, unfortunately he also gave the ball away a lot but in his defence playing on a rugby pitch was difficult and it was that sort of game.
The one player who was a bit reticent was actually molyneaux. An early yellow card clipped his wings and he really struggled to make an impact. Until he made an imact! wowzer!

Also: full respect to Wycombe and their fans. They made us welcome, had a good craic with them in their sports bar before the game, £10 admission was a real boost and it must have been a sickener to lose like that. hahahahhahaha!

the stanley fans were in big voice throughout and i believe that support helped the team when we were under pressure. not sure how many were there, perhaps 200 or so but we made plenty of noise.
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 06:47   #34
Senior Member+

Wycombe is one of my fondest grounds.
Can you remember going there when Stanley where the biggest price on the football coupon on the opening day and we won 1-0?
It was a red hot day and wycombe stewards where top class.
I think it was Mullin from a corner with the winner?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 10:49   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Wycombe is one of my fondest grounds.
Can you remember going there when Stanley where the biggest price on the football coupon on the opening day and we won 1-0?
It was a red hot day and wycombe stewards where top class.
I think it was Mullin from a corner with the winner?
Yes I rermember. Certainly a Mullin header. Corner seems likely but can't be certain ....
Old 30-03-2013, 11:18   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Yes I rermember. Certainly a Mullin header. Corner seems likely but can't be certain ....
ESPN Gamecast says it was a right foot shot ....

Mind you, it also says it was high into the right of the goal from the right. And I think it was suggesting that it came from a John Miles corner.

So that's rubbish, then, cos John Miles corners never got past the first man
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 12:34   #37
Full Member+

I went yesterday and when leaving a Whycombe fan came to me and said " I do hope you stay up , but we should have won today , we were better ," and sadly I had to agree with him ,but at the end of the day it was us who took the three points and thats what counts. Incidently , does anyone know why Molyneux got the yellow card ? from where we were it looked like it was to be a straight red , a relief that it wasn't.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 12:46   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
I went yesterday and when leaving a Whycombe fan came to me and said " I do hope you stay up , but we should have won today , we were better ," and sadly I had to agree with him ,but at the end of the day it was us who took the three points and thats what counts. Incidently , does anyone know why Molyneux got the yellow card ? from where we were it looked like it was to be a straight red , a relief that it wasn't.
According to Moly he tickled the goalkeeper
Old 30-03-2013, 15:00   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
According to Moly he tickled the goalkeeper
If that was a tickle mmmm looked more like something from Hong Kong Phooey the again Moly did turn out to be 'the number one super guy'!
Old 31-03-2013, 09:56   #40
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Smile Re: Wycombe Thread.

Enjoy Wycombe 0-1 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
KiTChener, cashman and smobile like this.
Old 31-03-2013, 10:14   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers Mab, good corner from craig also.
Old 31-03-2013, 14:51   #42
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Cracking goal cashy
Old 01-04-2013, 06:58   #43
Senior Member+

Brilliant result.

Wycombe stewards have always been the best to visit.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..