Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2018, 22:02   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe Wanderers Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Well, the captain, the real 28, didn't agree with you.
There was a disagreement and I don’t like to see that between team mates. Everybody has had their say and everybody has kissed and made up.
My sign on is Twenty Eight for a reason.
I live the bones of the pair of them.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2018, 07:00   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
There was a disagreement and I don’t like to see that between team mates. Everybody has had their say and everybody has kissed and made up.
My sign on is Twenty Eight for a reason.
I live the bones of the pair of them.
I'm sure you do, 28. But why do I get the impression you could start an argument if you were in a room on your own?
I didn't suggest there was any disagreement between team-mates, or imply anything about your commitment to the cause.
All I meant was that, whilst Clark had an outstanding game yesterday and deserved to be on the score sheet, I thought the captain's decision to give the ball to Zanzala was generous to a lad who's sat on the bench for the last four months and was clearly delighted to score his first League goal.
It was just another little piece of history for him and Stanley.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 07:41   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Coleman on channel 5 now on the highlights show
i heard every word he said as well.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 07:58   #64

What's the biggest points total anyone's got in league two/old division 3/older division 4? We might be heading towards the biggest certainly for the last 6 years, but not sure before then.

Something to aim for
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 09:20   #65
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Wycombe Wanderers Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I'm sure you do, 28. But why do I get the impression you could start an argument if you were in a room on your own?
I didn't suggest there was any disagreement between team-mates, or imply anything about your commitment to the cause.
All I meant was that, whilst Clark had an outstanding game yesterday and deserved to be on the score sheet, I thought the captain's decision to give the ball to Zanzala was generous to a lad who's sat on the bench for the last four months and was clearly delighted to score his first League goal.
It was just another little piece of history for him and Stanley.

Well said .
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 09:33   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Why in my sunday paper and the Football League Paper is there "NO" attendance figure for our match? its the only 1 can see. whats the big secret?
Old 22-04-2018, 09:51   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why in my sunday paper and the Football League Paper is there "NO" attendance figure for our match? its the only 1 can see. whats the big secret?
That's cos we played it behind closed doors Cashy, there was nobody at Adams Park at all
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 10:05   #68
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

6178 according to this Cashy (394 Stanley diehards present & proud! )

Wycombe Wanderers | Stats: Wycombe Wanderers v Accrington Stanley
KiTChener, cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 22-04-2018, 10:08   #69
Full Member+

Prior to the kick off yesterday , Wycombe manager walked over to the Stanley fans and applauded , what a lovely gesture . Brilliant day all round . Even our coach driver wished us all the best for our next games , hope we get that last point needed , then switched the lights in the coach to flashing red and white. How good was that. Well done Stanley ,our very own "dream team "
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 10:17   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Cheers Dave, fail to understand why the newspapers aint been informed. By the way this aint the first time.

Last edited by cashman; 22-04-2018 at 10:24.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 10:29   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Wycombe manager walked over to the Stanley fans and applauded , what a lovely gesture.
Agreed. It was also a fine gesture to see the Wycombe fans applaud the Stanley team as the coach passed on its arrival. And also those Wycombe fans who stood to applaud Coley as he took his place in the dug-out before the game.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 10:33   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have always enjoyed going to Wycombe, was impossible yesterday, but what a result.
Old 22-04-2018, 11:33   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

The article on the above web site about the game confirms my view that Wycombe fans are a very fair bunch. It's always been a good day out there, almost a home game for Mrs.Exile and me, and I wouldn't mind at all if they come up with the Stanley
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 12:49   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Prior to the kick off yesterday , Wycombe manager walked over to the Stanley fans and applauded , what a lovely gesture . Brilliant day all round . Even our coach driver wished us all the best for our next games , hope we get that last point needed , then switched the lights in the coach to flashing red and white. How good was that. Well done Stanley ,our very own "dream team "
Everybody connected to Wycombe were a credit to their club. Nothing but praise for Stanley before during and after.
Wycombe fans staying back and congratulating our lads getting on the coach was great to see.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 12:55   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just wondering? perhaps Westley reacts to the fans of the club he manages? after all Wycombe are ok, and Satanage are pure Scum?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..