Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2016, 11:56   #31
God Member

Re: Wycombe Wanderers Thread

Other than the ref for giving an undeserved free kick, I don't think you can blame Pearson for Wycombe's goal.
What the clip doesn't show is that, at set pieces, Akinfenwa often grabbed hold of the marker's arm and, as opposed to the usual pushing and shoving, pulled the defender along with, but behind, him. It's the opposite of what ref's are looking for in congested penalty areas.
With cute tricks like that he'll get Wycombe a few points this season. And if Wycombe hold on to the Chelsea keeper, he will save them a few points too.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2016, 16:45   #32
God Member

Wycombe 1-1 Accrington Stanley | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

If this works, there should be a few more 'highlights' from last night's match.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 19:30   #33
Senior Member+

Exile,Coley likes his defenders to hold their line and leave the forwards in.
Not a fan of this as the ball is delivered you have to drop and get around your man whist still watching the ball.
Very difficult to do,but against the big fella it's impossible!!!,
Personally I would have had Hughes on him,but he's a nightmare to mark six yards out
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 21:25   #34
Junior Member+

Correction

If you view the fact that Mr. McConville turned a 2 2 draw into a 3 2 victory, he gained the team 2 points. Last night he turned a 1 0 defeat into a 1 1 draw, so gaining 1 point. Therefore I can’t see where the 4 points have come from as he has only gained us 3 points.

Perhaps viewed over a season, this is all he will provide.
The Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 22:46   #35
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
Correction

If you view the fact that Mr. McConville turned a 2 2 draw into a 3 2 victory, he gained the team 2 points. Last night he turned a 1 0 defeat into a 1 1 draw, so gaining 1 point. Therefore I can’t see where the 4 points have come from as he has only gained us 3 points.

Perhaps viewed over a season, this is all he will provide.
Nothing like good old positivity and supporting the player who currently wears a stanley shirt. Why not for once like others have done admit he had an excellent game and hope he becomes consistent. Alls we can do as fans is support him whenever he's on the pitch and he was superb last night as he has been in 2 out of 3 league games now, working especially hard in both.
However it shouldn't even happen that after every single game we argue over Seans performance.
Lets savious what was a good performance last night whereby we showed signs of last seasons standard in my opinion and with Billy back fit feel like we could challenge again.
Onwards and upwards
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.
AccyStan1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 23:01   #36
Junior Member+

Initially I was merely correcting what I perceived to be an inaccurate previous post [by baldy] that inflated Sean’s points contribution.

However, I have followed the somewhat laboured and extensive debate on Sean without comment up to now. I realise that he divides a good number of people. I too hope that he continues with his points contribution, but he hasn’t filled me with the confidence that he will. I will welcome a new dynamic, fullback beating, fearlessly header of the ball type player.
monkey hanger likes this.
The Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 08:40   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Wycombe 1-1 Accrington Stanley | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

Think it's Pearson, If he was goal side of Akinfenwa maybe he stops the header, a Also poor defending for Sean's goal...Could be a good point come May!
There's a bit more on this one:
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 15:24   #38

Jh33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..