Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2017, 20:00   #31
I am Banned

Re: Wycombe Wanderers Thread

2-1 him again����
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2017, 20:06   #32
I am Banned

2-2 Matty P
Old 28-02-2017, 20:06   #33

I'll be happy when he hangs up his boots! Always always scores against us and mainly scores the winner!
Old 28-02-2017, 20:06   #34

knew we shudda had a whip round and signed him for Stanley
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 20:30   #35
I am Banned

Coley only using 1 sub what a suprise game really could of done with some fresh legs like Husin did we just loan him to warm the bench
Old 28-02-2017, 20:42   #36

All over 2-2. 1 point better than 0 points but not as good as 3 points
Old 28-02-2017, 21:13   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Overall i thought a good display, wycombe seemed to get away with many fouls with a soft ref,the substitution was as weird as it comes to me, Terry G, aint played for yonks and is brought on, the young lad who scored the equaliser at donny, must be wondering what the score is wi that!! but still terrys a mate of he who rules.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-02-2017, 21:17   #38

Akinfenwa needs to retire for our sake! In my opinion fairly even game. Wycombe liked the aerial route where as we mixed it up more. Matty Pearson showed great determination not just with the goal. Rodak was scared to come and claim the ball and dropped the ball a couple of times. To leave me thinking is he better than the other keepers at the club on tonights performance? Mccartain had one of those days where he runs down blind alleys. Was surprised the energetic Clare was subbed rather than mccartain. Clark to showed good energy. Overall hard earned point towards are safety target. Let's get 3 against barnet on Saturday.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
AccyMad likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 21:25   #39
Full Member+

It was a game we should have won. we could easily have gone in at half time 2/3 nil up. We just seem to lack that killer instinct in front of goal at times. Their first goal was a gift of a header as no one was near him, I have to say his second was a cracker. Our goals were hard fought and should have been easier as we over passed. I do wonder what is in Coleys mind. Billy playing mainly lone striker again. Our passing was poor again. Yet we were the better team all round. But like others have said 1 point is better than 0 points. we should have had three. The substitutions were a mystery really.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 22:06   #40

My fearful prediction in the 'Guess the Score' thread that the beast would return to haunt us proved prophetic.
We may jest about his pie-eating propensity, but the guy is a real handful & can turn a game in the blink of an eye.
He's as slow as a carthorse, but always manages to be in the right place at the right time.
We were comfortably better in the first half & our one goal advantage was the least we deserved, it could & should have been more.
The Chairboys upped their work rate in the second half & Mr Akinfenwa duly turned the game - in the blink of an eye.
Things were looking as bleak as the weather till up stepped our hero Matty Pearson to save the day.
It was one of those games which could have gone either way, so a draw was a fair result at the end of the day.
Thought our boys put in a real shift tonight & don't intend to criticise individuals, although I think Matty P deserved his MOM award.
Clark, Rodgers & the Don all gave 101%, the rest a mere 100%.
AccyMad, yonmon and chevyfire like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 22:08   #41

I thought we were great until they scored. Passed well, moved, ran at them, got the ball back, the Beast kept quiet. As Clark started to get into the game we had them on the ropes. Then all of a sudden the big man changed everything.
Even so we had loads of time at 2-2 and started to look threatening until the excellent Clare was replaced by el Tel.
Around me heads were scratched, people glanced quizzically at each other.
Whatever masterstroke Coley planned didn't come off and the match petered out somewhat.

Results didn't go too well around us tonight.

Scores on the doors:
8 - Matty P, Brown, Clare
7.5 - the Don, Hughes, Seamus, Clark
7 - Kee, Harvey,mccartan,
6.5 - goalie

Attendance was 1045. Was Ben Hur on telly?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 22:16   #42

Thought the ref was very good tonight. Let play flow and nurtured a good tempered game.
Old 28-02-2017, 22:23   #43
Senior Member+

Ade was the star tonight his second goal was superb
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 22:38   #44

Coley is unhappy

Old 01-03-2017, 05:48   #45
God Member

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, especially first half when young Harvey was running rings (or should I say very large circles) around Akinfenwa!
Second half Wycombe were a handful & overall a draw was probably a fair result although me nails were a little raggier when I got him after coming very close to losing but for an excellent off the line clearance by I think Mark Hughes.
Yet again Billy got little protection from the ref who I thought was ,at best, very flakey - that bandaged head's becoming a familiar sight, hope he's ok today
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..