Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 19:45   #76
God Member

Re: Yeovil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I've read everything now. Goalkeeper and four defenders equals five and you're saying if 3 of them play well we'd have a good defence.
No **** Sherlock !!!!
I don't believe he is saying that.
I may be wrong but I read it that Lord Didders is suggesting that if Beckles and Everton had played as CBs, and the Great Dane was in goal....Stanley COULD have a better defence.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2017, 20:21   #77
Senior Member+

As always, a very fair summary from Exile. The first half performance really was disappointing. On the rare occasions that a Stanley player ran and sought space, none of the other players seemed to notice. A disappointing performance from Conneely who seemed slow in thought and action.

I know that Chapman has his critics and was probably at fault for the 3rd Yeovil goal (difficult to see from our vantage point), but he did make at least 3 fantastic saves.

I was very impressed by Ogle's performance in the 2nd half. But again we had a mystery substitution by Coley. I cannot understand bringing on an attacker in the 88th minute when trying to salvage a point - or win 3 points. That really is far too late.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 21:07   #78
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Casper View Post
"But we must concentrate on West Brom"

Can I ask why ??
Ignore it I am a week ahead of myself. Mansfield next Saturday will be a very stiff test. Looking forward to the game.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 21:51   #79

After all the optimism & euphoria of the last few weeks, we crashed back to earth with a bump today.
What is it with Stanley and whipping boys???????
It seems we have no trouble matching, or even beating, higher league opposition.
But put us up against the league's fall-guys & we freeze faster than an ice-pop.
Last season, within sight of the play-offs, we got stuffed at rock-bottom Newport - goodbye promotion!
Today it was Yeovil's turn who, despite leaking eight goals last week, managed to defy the odds & make us look average at best.
The irony is, we shouldn't be too surprised, we've all read this script before.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 22:41   #80

Wink Re: Yeovil

We are still in transition, let's see where we are after 10 league games. Very promising start but that is all. KTF

UP THE STANLEY!
AccyMad likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 07:19   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I don't believe he is saying that.
I may be wrong but I read it that Lord Didders is suggesting that if Beckles and Everton had played as CBs, and the Great Dane was in goal....Stanley COULD have a better defence.
Thanks Mr Exile, that is what I meant. Our defensive woes are easily fixed. So that's reason to be cheerful.
Apologies for making you angry Twenty Eight.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 08:40   #82
Senior Member+

From to highlights,
There 1st goal was fortunate
2nd goal was decent
3rd goal Chapman was in no mans land
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 08:54   #83
God Member

seems that yeovil have become more than a bit of a bogey side for us over the last few seasons. remember the cup defeat. if i miss a home game this season that one will be pensilled in.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 08:56   #84
God Member

Most goals have an element of fortune about them but, at the time, their first goal seemed more inevitable than fortunate. The "highlights" don't show the disarray that Stanley were in at the time.
Yeovil are a good side. If anyone was 'fortunate' it was Luton on the opening day.
Still think Stanley's second goal will take some beating as a lesson in how to attack from your own penalty box. A delight to behold.
Old 13-08-2017, 23:45   #85
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Yeovil 3-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports first time of watching got to say defending was very school boy stuff and like dav007 said no mans land chappers for the 3rd what on earth was he thinking off on a plus side great goals by us thou
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-08-2017, 09:56   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

For me that 3rd goal is enough to give our great dane a run!!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-08-2017, 11:25   #87
God Member

You're probably right, Cashy, but, as Revived Red noted, the 'highlights' don't show two exceptional saves that Mr.Chapman made. Tough life being a goalie.
Old 14-08-2017, 11:38   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
You're probably right, Cashy, but, as Revived Red noted, the 'highlights' don't show two exceptional saves that Mr.Chapman made. Tough life being a goalie.
Yeh true, but i see him pretty regular and to me, he aint the same man that was here first time around, perhaps the injury he had, i dont really know,
Chrisr likes this.
Old 14-08-2017, 11:45   #89
God Member

Problems with goalkeepers is every mistake is costly I don't,t think Chapman is not a good keeper but he does lose concentration game time only will improve that but could cost the team points so do you play Jorgenson tough being a manager.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 19:43   #90
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Get Scooby on between the sticks & see how he goes on, better find out early than dragging him in half way through the season to shore up the GD & then find out Chappers is the better option after all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..