Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2014, 10:50   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Yeovil Game

That looks a fair side to me.
sherry likes this.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:53   #17

For the technically minded - I now live on the sticky out pointy bit just above the right shoulder of the IoW. It's nearly noon and the north facing slope of my shed still has a thick coating of frost - which makes me worry if the game is in doubt up yon - or is it three cheers for Buzzer 'n crew ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:56   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Rose

Winnard. Aldred. Atkinson. Liddle

Naismith Procter. Joyce. Mingoia

McCarten

Carver

I realise Kal Naismith might be a controversial selection, but to win this game we need something special....and he is capable with coming up with the goods. This selection gives Mingoia and Naismith a chance to link up with Marcus and Shay to form an all out 4 man attack in my opinion is the only way to win this game.
Carver must be instructed to go all out and chase everything, then subs can be brought on if or when he tires or sustains an injury. Gray, Windass and Molyneux are in the wings if required. 2-0 win HERE WE COME!!!

Totally agree with Naismith in the side not to sure having mingioa in as well though could do with a bit of height in front of Liddle would prefer Moly there as he does a lot of covering for Lidds when he get,s forward but who ever gets picked let,s send them back down the M5 with them well beat.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:13   #19
Full Member+

Mingoia is a must , speed and he can be a nuisance to the opp. No frost here today.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:45   #20
God Member

Just heard that Stanley v. Yeovil is to be BBC Radio 5Live's featured FA Cup match. Not sure if that means a commentary on the game or just intermittent references in between gossip about some Premier League player's latest tattoo.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:41   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
For the technically minded - I now live on the sticky out pointy bit just above the right shoulder of the IoW. It's nearly noon and the north facing slope of my shed still has a thick coating of frost - which makes me worry if the game is in doubt up yon - or is it three cheers for Buzzer 'n crew ?
Not a chance it will be off. After an early frost it has turned much milder. Perfect conditions!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:52   #22

That's good news, Redraine - and, Exile, having got me excited I find the five-live website bills Liverpool v Sunderland as the comm game. So perhaps only updates from the Storefirst ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 14:03   #23
God Member

[QUOTE=LongLostSon;1125540So perhaps only updates from the Storefirst ?[/QUOTE]

'Fraid so. Too much to hope for from the BBC, I guess. Another nervous Saturday ahead. Wish I was there, it's less stressful.
By the way, what's happened to the link on the Fishy site with match coverage, has anyone else lost it?

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 06-12-2014 at 14:10.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 16:14   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good cup tie, Stanley dominated second half, first half was yeovils but not by much, we hit the post near the end, Naismith was robbed of a penalty, once again by poor officials.
Old 06-12-2014, 16:37   #25
Resting in Peace

I thought our lads were supposed to have practiced shooting this week? Nothing seems to have changed, as again we dominated for long periods without the desired end result. It was not a case of delaying shooting trying for the "perfect goal" that Coley was on about, more a case of a real lack of composure when the chances kept coming in the box. Worst of all was Crooks's effort with only the keeper to beat when 1 on 1 in the second half when it went straight to the goalie, as well as a similar miss in the first half. Although he ran himself into the ground before being subbed he made little impact. Perhaps we should put Tom up front, where his ball control and physical presence would be a big improvement against our other options. I'm only half serious, as we can't afford to break up the wonderful partnership he has with Atkinson. A great cup tie as Cashy says, but we really should have wrapped it up today without having to travel down south for a replay we could really do without. Superb Stanley attacking in the second half, non stop excitement, with Yeovil lucky to be still in it.
Old 06-12-2014, 16:49   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Must mention our young keeper, thought he was outstanding good control of his area n a top class save right at the death. Well done young fella.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 06-12-2014, 17:30   #27
Senior Member+

Putting it briefly.....We were better than them ! .
AccyMad likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 17:47   #28
Senior Member+

We really should have won the game,just hope our luck in front of goal balances out over the season !!
Really felt for Crook as his approach play and linking up has improved and brings others into the game,he just doesn't seem to have composure in front of goal.
For me we were too deep in the first half,and when we pushed up and held our line in the second half we totally dominated the game.
Was pleased with the performance as we are creating chances despite jonno not playing.
Loads of positives from the game as they beat nots county away last week and we made them look average at best.
Our goal made me smile tho,fullback to fullback to centre back to centre back and GOAL !,maybe they should be pushed forward into midfield,just a thought
cashman likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 18:36   #29
Senior Member+

My two pence worth...............

A really enjoyable game, especially the second 45, quite how we didn't win I will never know. Agreed the ref had a VERY poor afternoon, especially the blatant handball by their defender in the second half.

No doubt they where playing for the replay, hanging on for more or less the last 30 mins.

Positives for me, young Rose in goal is starting to look the real deal, the save near the end was superb. Fingers crossed he can emulate Betinelli, Elliott etc etc..........

Mingoia again I thought was great, what energy the lad has and no doubt he destroyed their left back in the second 45.

As others have mentioned, both Aldred & Atkinson are looking immense, Hunt has some big work to do to get back into that backline for sure.

Not quite sure how or why Crooks is in the side........ Had another shocker for me........ Is he even a striker?!? Looks more like a Center Back with his build.

But we are in the hat and that is all that matters, cant say a Tuesday night trip to Yeovil is the most appealing, but I did Barnet away the other year and look what happened there.

On Stanley On.
AccyMad likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 18:48   #30
Resting in Peace

Spot on, Smudgie. However, I would prefer Hunt at right back if only for his better attacking prowess than Deano, who wastes far too much possession for me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..