Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2014, 08:38   #46
God Member

Re: Yeovil Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by missastrike View Post
Lol I understand where u coming from ... but he ain't a striker !!!!
He played well yesterday looked knackered when he came off if he had put the 2 chances away you would be praising him very hard role to play is the lone striker but off all we have tried this season he is the best at holding up the ball and bringing others into play. What we are guilty off is a woeful lack of players hitting a first time hit shot I really think though we are going to give somebody a hiding at home soon. Also when he came off we did,nt win a header against thier 2 big centre backs who kept along with their keeper them in the tie.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2014, 08:52   #47
Junior Member+

earlier post mentioned that Crooks was ill , maybe that explained why he was knackered. Most certainly agree with you andyd that if Crooks scored this thread wouldn't pick him out so much .. watched the highlight of the match and other players in the team missed chances, yet no attack on them !!!
missastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:22   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missastrike View Post
earlier post mentioned that Crooks was ill , maybe that explained why he was knackered. Most certainly agree with you andyd that if Crooks scored this thread wouldn't pick him out so much .. watched the highlight of the match and other players in the team missed chances, yet no attack on them !!!
Yeh are obviously some relative or friend of the lad, we support the team not the person.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:25   #49
God Member

Watching the highlights, special mention must go to Mr.Atkinson for his brilliant footwork to beat two men and lay the ball off for Tom Aldred to score.
But what was the linesman watching when the Yeovil defender jumped on Mr.Naismith's back just as he was lining himself up to get end of the cross?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:47   #50
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh are obviously some relative or friend of the lad, we support the team not the person.

Lol I m missastrike not a friend or relative !
missastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:59   #51
Senior Member+

One lad who deserves a mention is Windass.
Never easy coming on cold,but he injected pace and chased everything.
Another selection headache as I also rate Barry and Roddan!!
Also Pierro and Lids were outstanding all game.
Redraine and Chubbyman like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:15   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
One lad who deserves a mention is Windass.
Never easy coming on cold,but he injected pace and chased everything.
Another selection headache as I also rate Barry and Roddan!!
Also Pierro and Lids were outstanding all game.
Got to agree 19,
Selection problems for Coley...in my eyes Windass added a new dimension to the team I can't see how he can be dropped,perhaps it will make it easier if Proccys not fit.One thing I noticed is they stripped Barry off to go on and we're putting his squad no in the board when they suddenly had a change of heart and brought Windass on instead,great subbing in my eyes.Lets just hope it not going to be Carver syndrome ,sorry son but we've got to play the loanees.Agree about Piero and Lids for me Lids was MOM.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:47   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Dominating against a side who competed in the Championship last year and still in the hat. It really is a different club these days. See the rest of you brave band of intrepid explorers at Huish Park!!
Would be good to get to the replay but bit too far & too close to Christmas to spend what it'd cost for me, I'll save my pennies for the third round
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:52   #54
Senior Member+

I saw that Chubby,thought Barry was coming on,but it happened so quickly,coley probably realised Windass was the better option as he's more or a physical presence alongside Joycy.
Big decision,but the right one IMO
Great interview with Jonno in the programme,sums up perfectly the step up from 21s to league football league,a lot of loanees should read it !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:55   #55

Come on guys lets give crooks time, his work outside the box was very good linking up play, just needs a bit more composure when in the box.
the yeovil away game may yet be on tv
lets hope if both teams get offered tv footy they dont turn it down like notts county did,
all because it would have been on a thursday
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:00   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

After watching the lad fer 3 games, no way is he a striker, its simple as that to me.
smudgie likes this.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:15   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
After watching the lad fer 3 games, no way is he a striker, its simple as that to me.
If he's a Striker Cashy..... Arthur Scargills a Saint....
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:41   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
If this is so Cashy, and I tend to agree with you, then he must be redundant as far as the Team goes !. But is Maguire any better than he ?. Last week's ' Which Striker' threads cast some doubts over his credentials if I remember rightly. So is Marcus the man for the job and if so why didn't he start yesterday ?.
It must be great for JC to have these options, but also a bit of a headache too I guess ?.
I had the feeling at 5.00 pm last evening that a good striker would have had a field day against what was a mediocre defence and a win assured.
I expect Maguire will get the nod for Saturday, but the goal(s) will probably come via a defenders boot !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:53   #59
Senior Member+

Should have been about 5 - 2 to the Stanley yesterday!
We must learn to be more 'clinical' in front of goal!
The ref was another 'numpty'........Should have been at least two penalties... one to each side!
Accoring to the BBC we had 63% of possession and many more attempts on goal and corners. We only committed 9 fouls to Yeovil's 17 even though it was not a dirty match at all. The Yeovil right back must have fouled Naismith at least ten times and wasn't even spoken to by the Ref, (never mind a yellow card!) Almost every time Cal faced up to the full back, one on one, the full back simply charged into him and pushed him in the chest. Cal is not strong enough in these situations and so he finished up sat on his bum a lot with his hands out wide claiming for the free kicks, which should have been given. Cal needs to learn that division two is quite physical and he must learn to 'lean in' to these types of tackles in order to 'ride' them! The 'defo' penalty claim was another where if he had been stronger then I think he would have scored anyway!
Lots of very good things yesterday...Rose, Lidds, Tom and Rob, Pierro were all outstanding.
Procky looked a bit out of sorts even before his injury which I think he picked up when he nearly scored, (after 30 something minutes).
Shay was lively and threatened more in the second half but perhaps he should have put away the header that scraped the post late on. Had O'Sullivan been playing then I think we would have won easily.
Still, we are in the draw for the 3rd Round and I do believe that we are more then capable of beating Yeovil on their own patch. A 'good draw' could be just the incentive for our players to put the ball in Yeovil's net!
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 13:15   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
If this is so Cashy, and I tend to agree with you, then he must be redundant as far as the Team goes !. But is Maguire any better than he ?. Last week's ' Which Striker' threads cast some doubts over his credentials if I remember rightly. So is Marcus the man for the job and if so why didn't he start yesterday ?.
Only the guy who can do no wrong to some, can answer those questions. Seemed to say in the vid, he was learning his trade, On that basis then i guess our Midfielder/Defender who has been played up front, already musta done.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..