Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 17:31   #106

Re: Yeovil Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Beattie gets far too much credit. The way the team are performing now with more or less the same side bears testament to that.

Pompey away is going to be funny....
Same team??? 5 loan players since Beattie left!

Be interesting to see how the tactical genius copes when he is left with the same team that Beattie had
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2014, 17:47   #107
Senior Member+

Fair point Frank,but you have to admit from day one of Coley coming back,the football played is like chalk and cheese.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 17:50   #108
Senior Member+

Fran moody,
beattie signed his players, he had 3 transfer windows to make changes and signings.

when coley has had 3 transfer windows to make changes, then judge him by the same criteria you judge beattie
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 17:52   #109
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Northampton away was superb n that was down to the guy who left this week, those 2 had not even took training at that point.
Old 10-12-2014, 17:52   #110
Senior Member+

Mr. T / LancsDave,

does a FA cup 2nd round replay ticket stub, guarantee a 3rd round ticket?

If the club can guarantee a fa cup 3rd round ticket, it may increase the number of travelling fans.
We need as much support as possible for such a long trip on a mid week night.
smobile likes this.
Old 10-12-2014, 17:55   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Northampton away was superb n that was down to the guy who left this week, those 2 had not even took training at that point.
And Coley's loan signings and tactics made the difference.

Does Stephenson get your credit for the defeat at Oxford?
Old 10-12-2014, 17:57   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
And Coley's loan signings and tactics made the difference.

Does Stephenson get your credit for the defeat at Oxford?
There was none made they had only been back a couple of days max.
Old 10-12-2014, 18:13   #113
God Member

Quote:
Mr. T / LancsDave,

does a FA cup 2nd round replay ticket stub, guarantee a 3rd round ticket?

If the club can guarantee a fa cup 3rd round ticket, it may increase the number of travelling fans.
We need as much support as possible for such a long trip on a mid week night.
As far as I know the only thing that would guarantee a ticket for any game is a season ticket. No decision made that I know. Any previous comments I made were only made on a personal suggestion, no official line. I'm not even party to any decision making on that score, I just decide what goes in the shop
DAV007 and smobile like this.
Old 10-12-2014, 19:33   #114

Quote:
Fran moody,
beattie signed his players, he had 3 transfer windows to make changes and signings.

when coley has had 3 transfer windows to make changes, then judge him by the same criteria you judge beattie
Was simply making the point that someone suggested it was the same team which it isn't, no need to get so defensive coley superfan. When coley has bullied his way through 3 transfer windows we will indeed judge.

Btw it's Frank
KiTChener likes this.
Old 10-12-2014, 19:43   #115
Senior Member+

OK Fran
Old 10-12-2014, 19:48   #116

Quote:
OK Fran
No problem DAFT007
DAV007 likes this.
Old 10-12-2014, 20:33   #117
Senior Member+

Quote:
OK Fran
Just a point but Beattie and Stevo wanted O'Sullivan for months but only peanuts was made available,suddenly Coley gets him for I believe many times what was available to Beattie.Many other decent loan deals fell by the wayside for the same reasons.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 20:39   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
No problem DAFT007
The only daft thing about DAV is his trolling round Liverpool dressed as a Tranny,I believe he bumps into Coley in the supermarket.Hmmmm???
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:06   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Just a point but Beattie and Stevo wanted O'Sullivan for months but only peanuts was made available,suddenly Coley gets him for I believe many times what was available to Beattie.Many other decent loan deals fell by the wayside for the same reasons.
Jonno is probably one of the best players I've seen at Acci in the last five years,but correct me if I am wrong,but our games against Yeovil and county,nine of the players were Here when JB was in charge.
My point is that,Coley has stuck to his "two holding players" system and the players now know the system/pattern,where JB and Steve tried it,but didn't get results,so opted to go long and fight for the second balls.
Who knows what the outcome would have been if they had persevered with it,but for sure it's worked for Coley and it's exciting to watch
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 14:00   #120

Coleman is a better manager than Beattie. That isn't to say Beattie is a bad manager (or could become a better one too, over time).

We're passing the ball better, attacking more, it seems like we're scoring more goals (would have to check) and I'm enjoying the football more.

I think comparisons need to take into account exactly how much experience John has. He has been managing football sides for nearly 20 years now. He has a pro licence. He has managed abroad (!). You shouldn't underestimate all this experience. We're lucky to have him given that our budget is so low.

I know we won a couple of games under Beattie this season, but our first 6 games were terrible. I reckon we would have stayed up relatively comfortably, but there was no way we were going to push for the play offs (in my opinion). And I reckon we have a v good chance of challenging for the play offs under John.

I'm enjoying watching the football again. I wasn't under Beattie.
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..