Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2014, 13:12   #136
Resting in Peace

Re: Yeovil replay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by missastrike View Post
It's Stanley team fault for losing !!
I wonder what yo ll be saying if Aldred own goal slip.up actually went in the goal ! It's still crooks fault is it ... Following the match Shay Proctor McCarnen all miss their goal shot .. They could have done it ... crooks is NOT a striker !!!!!!!

Get over it boys ... Stanley simply are not good enough !!
Now you are really starting to annoy me. "Shay Proctor McCarnen" WTH?. "Crooks is not a striker".......Jeez man, that's what most of us have been saying for weeks! At least your user name is very, very appropriate.
smudgie and keep the faith like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2014, 13:18   #137
God Member

Quote:
I presume you mean not good enough for Crooks
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:29   #138
Senior Member+

Quote:
I wonder what yo ll be saying if Aldred own goal slip.up actually went in the goal ! It's still crooks fault is it ... Following the match Shay Proctor McCarnen all miss their goal shot .. They could have done it ... crooks is NOT a striker !!!!!!!

This somewhat rambling and ill put-together post would not only suggest that you rely on 'what if ' rather than ' this is !' and mere repetition of what others have said to make some vague point or other, but also that you feel able to make value judgements without offering a shred of supportive evidence !.

As 'one of the boys' who need to get over whatever you think is causing some damage to our well-being, I ask one question of you....Are you really a fan of Accrington Stanley or what ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:36   #139
God Member

I think he must be Crooks' agent.
smudgie likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:43   #140
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I think he must be Crooks' agent.
Or his dad!
smudgie likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:52   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
No but you can roll it in glitter.
This is what appears to be going on in this particular instance.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:54   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Or his dad!

Too Many Crooks spoil the Prof.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 13:56   #143
God Member

Quote:
Surely Yeovil should take the blame for winning
Old 17-12-2014, 13:57   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

As 'one of the boys' who need to get over whatever you think is causing some damage to our well-being, I ask one question of you....Are you really a fan of Accrington Stanley or what ?.
I asked awhile ago if this creature was some relation or girl friend etc, Whatever i doubt very much if it was ever a Stanley supporter
Old 17-12-2014, 14:19   #145
Senior Member+

Think everyone knows crooked not a CF, but the debate is do we play him there .smudgies mate seems to rate him ( even as a defender),with I mentioned earlier about his defensive play ( makes sense now).
If we had injuries I would seriously consider playing Tom as the focal point,not because he's A CF,but he would suit our system better than others would.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 14:20   #146
Senior Member+

Just like to remind everyone what I said in the "Hype" building up to the replay, (and to those talking about the possible '3rd round match').
"It's an old cliche, but football is about the next match, so let's just take it one match at a time"...........

The next match is at home on saturday against Wycombe and it is the most important match of the season........ simply because it is the next game we play.
We need to move on and focus on what is yet to come.....
3 points on saturday will suit me down to the ground!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 14:30   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

End of the day 3 pts against the league leaders on sat would be a great thing, Think most fans would prefer a play off position to the Man U game. in fact i was asked that question on journey home last night. Do take one match at a time, but what yer saying? Dont comment? cos that aint never gonna happen.
Old 17-12-2014, 14:45   #148
Senior Member+

Just listened to Coley's video interview.Talk about hiding your head in the sand and whitewashing over his shortcomings as a manager.It make me laugh it was every bodies fault but his own.Blaming the ref,the woodwork and he can't understand how Proccy's missed,strange that he doesn't say a word on how the hell his protege managed to miss yet again......If Coley had done the right thing and played Crookes in his correct position or not at all we wouldn't have needed a replay....still I enjoyed the 12 hour round trip.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 14:59   #149
Full Member+

We thoroughy enjoyed the game last night . Shame about the result but our lads can hold their heads high, they gave it their whole and we could not have asked for more. The pitch caused a few problems being slippy , but that affected both teams. We could not live this dream , but lets concentrate on the league now and play for promotion as that's another dream.
Alvin the chipmunk and yonmon like this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 15:27   #150

Didn't help that Rose came for nothing all night and the one time he tried to he chose ridiculously to punch. Devastated...and the fact that the town itself will revel in this defeat makes it worse.

A good yet understandably jittery performance. We outperformed a recent Championship side over two legs and didn't get the breaks.

As for Crooks I will wait and see....I'm not convinced but then again every Tom Dick and Harry in the main stand mercilessly abused Bobby Grant and Peter Murphy at first and they turned out well. Still more of a midfielder in my eyes.

Could understand as Cashy says why Carver was subbed...trouble was Windass was anonymous.

Credit to Luke Joyce. WHAT a performance. He was everwhere.
football19 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..