Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2014, 20:55   #61

Re: Yeovil replay thread

Goals on the BBC - the first was a definite foul on the keeper!
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2014, 20:57   #62

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30508477
Old 16-12-2014, 20:58   #63

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30508478
Old 16-12-2014, 20:59   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Fine line between hero and villain !!.
Little worried we seem to be conceding goals from outside the box,this just didn't happen with previous keepers,will reserve judgement until I've seen the first
Neither goal looked like the keepers fault. The first looked like a foul on the keeper and the second looked like poor marking in the box.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 20:59   #65

First half even game felt we played the ball a bit long, second half Stanley took control with McCartney and windows running effectively at there defence and looked more likely, until mccarten hit bar and crooks missed the follow up.(how did he miss). They then score and as we attack for equaliser are caught out. If only we could have a 20 goal a season goalscorer!
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 21:00   #66

Sorry windows should read windass
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 21:04   #67
Junior Member+

Aldred own goal would have no doubt be very embarrassing and heart wrenching ! Ooh for goodness sake ... There were about 5 players who should have scored! ! Poor defending to blame as well ....
missastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 21:05   #68
Full Member+

Unhappy Re: Yeovil replay thread

The highs and lows of being a football fan eh! When we were drawn against the mancs i didn't celebrate because i thought we blew our chance the Saturday before. That game would've put the town and the club in the national spotlight for a few weeks,we could've lived the dream for once! Ah well back to reality, that's why we follow Accy Stanley and not Man Utd from an armchair!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 21:07   #69
Full Member+

Odd decision come and punch there, left him wide open even if there wasn't contact from the forward, plus you get less protection outside the 6 yard box anyway.

However itt had to be decided some how, and it was a great finish.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 21:17   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Neither goal looked like the keepers fault. The first looked like a foul on the keeper and the second looked like poor marking in the box.
Agree !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 21:20   #71
Senior Member+

Firstly, well done to all that travelled, on what is a horrific journey to do on a Tuesday night.

The dream is over, and by the sounds of it, listening to radio lancs Crooks yet again had an absolute nightmare. How on earth does he have a golden ticket to play every week?? The 3 or 4 games I have seen, he really has been appalling and yet he seems to start?? Is he another John Miles or Mcconville??? One of Coleman's favourites when clearly not good enough.... By the sounds and looks of it the answer is yes.........

I bet Carver and Gray are over the moon!

I cannot wait to hear the reports from people who went.

Roll on Wycombe on Saturday then............ :S
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 21:31   #72

Absolute joke. Lets be honest Yeovil are a very poor team, there for the taking and we will never have a better chance of reaching a massive 3rd round draw than this.

Poor performance. Wrong team selection, wrong substitutions went a long way to us losing this game.

John Coleman do the right thing and admit you messed up.

Crooks not good enough, Windass not good enough, carver deservedly dragged at half time, moly different player since he came back.

John Coleman tactical genius!!! My 4rse

Lets see what a genius he is when all his loan rangers go back.

So p1ssed off I can't believe it.
smudgie likes this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 21:36   #73
Junior Member+

Just seen video of both goals ... The defending was appalling ... stanley players need to up their games if they want to win .. All I could see what they were just not marking yeovil at all .....
Which Stanley players should have scored apart from Crooks ?? I'll be interested to know .. I feel for goalie as been a night mare for him with that nearly own goal slip and punch the ball that got scored !! Played well for 80 mins ... good effort ...
Old 16-12-2014, 21:43   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Firstly, well done to all that travelled, on what is a horrific journey to do on a Tuesday night.

The dream is over, and by the sounds of it, listening to radio lancs Crooks yet again had an absolute nightmare. How on earth does he have a golden ticket to play every week?? The 3 or 4 games I have seen, he really has been appalling and yet he seems to start?? Is he another John Miles or Mcconville??? One of Coleman's favourites when clearly not good enough.... By the sounds and looks of it the answer is yes.........

I bet Carver and Gray are over the moon!

I cannot wait to hear the reports from people who went.

Roll on Wycombe on Saturday then............ :S
I agree with every word Smudgie.

I seriously question Coleman's judgement tonight. Taking Carver off and leaving Crooks on was a completely bizarre decision. Crooks has been consistently bad since he played his first game for Stanley, what makes him The Golden Boy? It will be very interesting indeed to hear from the faithful 176 what their opinions are of tonight. I'm seriously tempted to walk off the ground on Saturday if Crooks walks out onto the pitch at 2:55.

It sounded like the others gave 100% tonight, they have been let down in my opinion, it's not them to blame at all.
smudgie likes this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 21:48   #75
Junior Member+

Harsh by you lots .. ���� 100 per cent by players ..... not if they let goals in by terrible defending ... to win. It's about scoring and defending ... not one of five stanley players marked the Yeovil who collided with goalie or Gillette who scored ..... shay had three chances to score.

Last edited by missastrike; 16-12-2014 at 21:53.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..