Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2014, 11:08   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Yeovil replay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Draymen ?

Think they've got a Shire Horse or two that could do that job for us
Neigh they haven't !....

But there seems to be an awful amount of analysis of one young player in particular going on here at the moment...although it's difficult to see clearly through this morass of spilt milk !.

In our errant strikers defence, and I have suggested that he doesn't appear to have the skills to be one in an earlier thread, I am certain that he will be the first to feel that his shortcomings might have cost the Club so much in prestige and hard cash, and it will be interesting to see his playing and emotional reaction to this and the criticism which it is already beginning to garner.

Can I , with cap in hand, suggest that as another stand out challenge to the Red's abilities is nobbut a day or two away, that we direct our thoughts analytical towards all that game can offer to we Fans ?.

Bon courage mes Ami !.
ossy kid likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2014, 11:19   #122
Senior Member+

Thanks cashman = LEGEND
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 11:19   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I thought Crooks was actually getting into the game much better (OK, not difficult) in that period when we were pressing hard, before his miss and their first goal.
You and I often agree, Chimer, but not on this occasion. Sorry. This was the period when he won his solitary header - that ballooned skywards. This was the period when he sometimes passed the ball - and found a Yeovil player (or the sideline) with unerring accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Anyone who's ever played team sport at any level should feel more sympathy than rage over the miss, knowing how he must be feeling this morning after not sleeping and replaying it in his mind all last night.
The miss is almost a side issue. (Well it was a side issue for him! ). The main issue is his contribution as a footballer. You think we should give him a chance, f19. Surely, as a coach, you would know when enough chances have been given. Especially in a single game. There must come a time when the coach says "This is not working". It was evident to the vast majority of Stanley fans last night. There was a general groan as yet another pass went astray or another header was missed. Would a badly-functioning goalkeeper or centre back be given as many chances?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 11:28   #124
Senior Member+

Exactly my point Revived.
Old 17-12-2014, 11:29   #125

as they say, "you can't polish a turd"
smudgie likes this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 11:44   #126
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Now yer getting as daft n arrogant as Coleman.
It was a straight forward question Cashy !!,Smudgie might have played for Man Utd for all i know
Was waiting for the " i have watched Acci longer than you" reply,and he didn't disappoint.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 11:47   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
It was a straight forward question Cashy !!,Smudgie might have played for Man Utd for all i know
Was waiting for the " i have watched Acci longer than you" reply,and he didn't disappoint.
It was also the same comment Super J.C. made the other day, I'm beginning to wonder if yer related.
Old 17-12-2014, 11:51   #128
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It was also the same comment Super J.C. made the other day, I'm beginning to wonder if yer related.
Thats below the belt Cashy !!,you know i have more hair and don't speak with a strange accent
Old 17-12-2014, 12:09   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
You and I often agree, Chimer, but not on this occasion. Sorry. This was the period when he won his solitary header - that ballooned skywards. This was the period when he sometimes passed the ball - and found a Yeovil player (or the sideline) with unerring accuracy.

The miss is almost a side issue. (Well it was a side issue for him! ). The main issue is his contribution as a footballer. You think we should give him a chance, f19. Surely, as a coach, you would know when enough chances have been given. Especially in a single game. There must come a time when the coach says "This is not working". It was evident to the vast majority of Stanley fans last night. There was a general groan as yet another pass went astray or another header was missed. Would a badly-functioning goalkeeper or centre back be given as many chances?
RR,you know i am a "believer",If the CF plays crap and we win 2-0,that will do me all day.
As a fan,we don't know who is carrying knocks,not well etc..and players drift in and out of form.
Thats why i am always positive.
Were Proccy and Rob fit tonight?,but they were both desperate to play,that's the Acci spirit.
Smudgie mentioned Gornell as the best hes seen down at the crown (good player),but his record of 0.14 goals per game record suggests he not a goal scoring CF,but he was great leading the line and bringing others into play.
Indeed he only scored the same as Sean Mac and didn't score for the last seven games of the season.
I know with your writing talent RR,you could put it down better than me,but my point is You don't need a 25 goal a season forward to be successful,the shape /structure and results are more important.
NB- its was the worst miss ive seen and the first goal was a foul
Old 17-12-2014, 12:12   #130
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
as they say, "you can't polish a turd"
No but you can roll it in glitter.
Old 17-12-2014, 12:16   #131
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I also thought wi the first goal that the yeovil man who came down the wing had run offside before the ball was played to him? But thats bye the bye, To me Yeovil picked up the impetus after our glaring miss.
Old 17-12-2014, 12:43   #132

Well, this game and the result has certainly encouraged posters to look for someone to blame.

Scoring goals wins games, its a simple game, which means we need:

1. To create goal scoring chances, and
2. Make sure our shots are on target (and therefore have a chance of going in)

ALL our players who found themselves in goal scoring positions at Yoevil failed to get their shot on target, except for one. Who the one was is not important.

What that means is that we would only have scored one goal on the night.

Individual players, the manager and the team need our support. When players put on a Stanley shirt they are all part of the Stanley family.

So lets, move forward to Saturday, give Wycombe the game of their lives and hope Peter Murphy and Joe Jacobson fail to get on the score sheet .......

Up the Stanley!
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 12:47   #133
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

They got great support from everyone yon last night, and no doubt will get the same on Sat. It is a simple game, and the only real blame fer last night,rests wi the management thats simple as well.
Old 17-12-2014, 12:58   #134
Senior Member+

Funnily enough ive just been talking to my mate a Huddersfield fan , re crooks.........

Aparently they highly rate him...... As a defensive midfielder!!!!!!!!!!! :S
Old 17-12-2014, 13:00   #135
Junior Member+

It's Stanley team fault for losing !!
I wonder what yo ll be saying if Aldred own goal slip.up actually went in the goal ! It's still crooks fault is it ... Following the match Shay Proctor McCarnen all miss their goal shot .. They could have done it ... crooks is NOT a striker !!!!!!!

Get over it boys ... Stanley simply are not good enough !!
missastrike is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..