Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2015, 21:33   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Yeovil Town Thread

Thoroughly enjoyable game tonight. I suggest Jessie McClure comes again on Saturday, we keep winning when he turns up. I think maybe the team should walk out to he song 'Dizzy' on Saturday. As others say, hoping for a near 2000 crowd. But someone should tell Radio Lancs to stay away and concentrate on the Shrimps, because when they are not there for a commentary match we go unnoticed and win. Cracking goals tonight, What price on Josh and Crooksy being joint top scorers. Roll on Oxford. Will take another 1-0 or better on Saturday.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2015, 21:57   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
What price on Josh and Crooksy being joint top scorers.

Josh currently joint 2nd top scorer in the league
Old 29-09-2015, 22:28   #18
Full Member+

it was a great win, the best since 1956 according to the radio. The crowd was disappointing again. I don't know what else Stanley can do to attract more fans. But I am enjoying it while it last's.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 22:43   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
it was a great win, the best since 1956 according to the radio. The crowd was disappointing again. I don't know what else Stanley can do to attract more fans. But I am enjoying it while it last's.
Thing is considering only 80 odd away fans, then its n increase in locals i reckon.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 29-09-2015, 22:50   #20

I would definitely say more people around me in the main stand than usual . Long may it continue, it all adds to the atmosphere!
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 22:54   #21
Full Member+

I counted 68 away fans 8 mins in, including one going for a **** after the first goal.

Crowds seem a slight improvement on last season so far, whether or not they can sustain a League 2 club is another matter.

League 1 next season will be a greater challenge
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 23:05   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I counted 68 away fans 8 mins in, including one going for a **** after the first goal.

Crowds seem a slight improvement on last season so far, whether or not they can sustain a League 2 club is another matter.

League 1 next season will be a greater challenge
Over half of league 1 teams would bring 1500 or more fans, the challenge will be fitting them all in away from the home fans

But lets not get carried away yet

And lets not forget, if we do go up, local derbys against blackburn and bolton may well be on the cards

Last edited by johnc; 29-09-2015 at 23:08.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 06:30   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
Over half of league 1 teams would bring 1500 or more fans, the challenge will be fitting them all in away from the home fans

But lets not get carried away yet

And lets not forget, if we do go up, local derbys against blackburn and bolton may well be on the cards
Also Wigan n bury
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 06:35   #24
I am Banned

Match Report - Accrington 2 - 1 Yeovil | 29 Sep 2015
Last nights highlights
choirboy likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 06:40   #25
God Member

Grrrr..can't watch that Sky link outside UK.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 07:19   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
A special mention must go to the team who prepare the playing surface,which allows us to play the type of football we are producing.
Ah you mean Buzzer's team, which consists of Buzzer, his mate Buzzer and his other mate Buzzer
MikeA, Red-Osbornello and sherry like this.
Old 30-09-2015, 07:28   #27
God Member

Preview on BBC North West from last night, including a rare view of Matty Pearson in the dressing room Starts around 17.15

BBC iPlayer - North West Tonight - 29/09/2015
Crown Grounder likes this.
Old 30-09-2015, 08:10   #28
God Member

excellent game and yoevil were flattered by the scoreline. matt crooks goal was worth the admission cost alone. billy kee deserved a goal after his work upfront for others and a makeshift central defensive pair looked if they,d played together all season. apart from a 15 minuit spell when they scored we were in complete control. the gate could have been higher but last season it would have been just over 1000. roll on Saturday and lets hope for a 2000 gate and 3 more points. another 90 mins. for the reason to believe.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 08:54   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Preview on BBC North West from last night, including a rare view of Matty Pearson in the dressing room Starts around 17.15

BBC iPlayer - North West Tonight - 29/09/2015
Cheers Dave, wondered who the 'full moon' belonged to as unfortunately no amount of winding the clip back made it any clearer
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2015, 09:01   #30
God Member

Smile Re: Yeovil Town Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
excellent game and yoevil were flattered by the scoreline. matt crooks goal was worth the admission cost alone. billy kee deserved a goal after his work upfront for others and a makeshift central defensive pair looked if they,d played together all season. apart from a 15 minuit spell when they scored we were in complete control. the gate could have been higher but last season it would have been just over 1000. roll on Saturday and lets hope for a 2000 gate and 3 more points. another 90 mins. for the reason to believe.
Just a little dig if I may bigger home fan attendance last night than Dagenham and Morecombe
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..