Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2016, 10:14   #16

Re: Yeovil town thread

Bring it on.

https://twitter.com/dpb1961/status/802451404178722816
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2016, 10:19   #17

Also, a nice tweet from Holt to his forwards:

@AndyhHolt: @Terrygornell @shaymccartan @billykee29 @GTF_12 I know I said I don't like paying goal bonuses but I was only joking ffs.��
Old 26-11-2016, 10:30   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
And this isn't on any of the official media because?
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 11:22   #19

Stanley have embraced newer, more effective and immediate media channels?
baldy, DAV007 and Chrisr like this.
Old 26-11-2016, 12:49   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Stanley have embraced newer, more effective and immediate media channels?
And San Fairy Ann to anyone who doesn't/can't use twitter - think we've had this discussion before . . . . .
cashman and Lord Didsbury like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 13:15   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
And San Fairy Ann to anyone who doesn't/can't use twitter - think we've had this discussion before . . . . .
Not even, why was it not on the club twitter. That is my point
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 13:20   #22

Beckles "rested". Drat.
Old 26-11-2016, 15:01   #23

0-0 at half time, very worrying news Zak vyner strechered off with breathing problems. Hope it looks worse than it is.
Old 26-11-2016, 16:06   #24
God Member

FFS !!! Don't know whats worse...waiting for the next earthquake, or Stanley to have the points 'In the bag' before 90 minutes..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 16:09   #25
I am Banned

Embarrassing that's all I have to say, boco is the only player that deserved to wear the shirt today
cashman and yonmon like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 16:26   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Very poor performance, only time we looked really dangerous was when Boco came on, fact he got MOM says everything imho.WHY we dont start with GTF @ Boco defies logic to me. ok if there knackered after 1 hour take em off,but no they come on when we are behind chasing the sodding game.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 26-11-2016 at 16:29.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 16:30   #27
God Member

Deserved a point today against an in form good side we played well at the back at least Hughes and McConville try to play it on the floor instead of aimless clearances up field conceded a soft free kick but I think we had the better chances, could do with a bit of a mix it up type of midfielder because time and again they won the midfield putting us under pressure hopefully a turning point because we are uncomfortably close to the bottom.
AccyMad and Lord Didsbury like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 16:47   #28
Senior Member+

Stanley were a poor second best to Yeovil today and a trifle fortunate to rescue a point from the game !.
When a team has a Captain who's first thought when receiving the ball is to pass it backwards to a defender or, now and again be a little more adventurous and risk a sideways
ball to his full back, they are unlikely to receive positive impetus from this negative play, and thus are doomed towards failure .
Although I usually keep my thoughts close to my chest where the chosen one, who made a real mess of it all this afternoon when attempting to convince everyone that he could play full back !....I cannot help but point towards the 17 times when he cleared the ball without a glance as to where it might eventually finish up !. This failure to perform the basic skills of Soccer almost persuades me to join the ranks of those who pour vitriol on his shortcomings .
( Sorry AccyMad for even considering this !).
As for Zac Vyner's replacement....well ??...

Sorry to be a grumpy old man, but I expect more of my team than was on display this afternoon...... it can't all be down to bad luck and even worse referees can it ?.
cashman and keep the faith like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 16:47   #29
Full Member+

Mark Hughes should have been M.O.M today. It was only after we equalised that we suddenly looked like a team that actually wanted to compete. It does show we have enough talent in the squad to play as well as we should. There seems to be a com[lete lack of motivation in this team at the moment. I don't know why. I do know this. If we keep putting out performances like this we may as well just not bother coming. It was embarrassing at times. This is nowhere near acceptable. Yeovil were not better than us but got a lucky decision for their goal. next home game 17th December. I hope to be there if things pick up.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 17:10   #30

Coley largely spot on. A bit harsh on Romy though

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..