Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2016, 17:20   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Yeovil town thread

A bit harsh ? a lot stupid as far as i,m concerned the lad changed the game to everyone around us,
Old 26-11-2016, 18:08   #32
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Coley largely spot on. A bit harsh on Romy though

Sorry to disagree, Coley seemed to think the team played well and did not let their heads go down. They were second best up to the 85th minute. then something clicked as they started to pile on the pressure and eventually pinched a goal back. We were a touch unlucky with the offside decision that disallowed our first goal. A close call from where I was sat. but that seemed to convince them that they had the ability to score. I sincerely hope this is the turning point we have waited for. But I have to disagree with coley's analysis of the game. It seems Zac Vyner suffered an Asthma attack, I hope he is going to recover quickly, I know how distressing this can be, Mind you the speed of the medical assistants was a worry. The club doctor should have been attending to Zac. The stretcher bearers looked very put out at being called and were so slow they couldn't catch cold.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 18:30   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well you go in another section of the Wham to us chrisr, but seem to have come to the same conclusion as many in our section.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 26-11-2016, 20:52   #34
I am Banned

If we played like we did today against woking on Sunday I can us getting beat, nobody wanted to put a tackle in, passes were to anywhere but a team mate, it was just far too easy for Yeovil, mark Hughes is no spring chicken anymore he can't keep up with a pacey attacker unless he grabs Thier shirt, our attackers are too low on confidence they don't want to shoot, Sean mc played better in defence then he does on the wing maybe coleys found a position where he can actually play, we lack tall players, a squad of 11 shorties can not attack or defend corners or free kicks against taller opposition, things need to change and fast
AccyMad and Chrisr like this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 21:25   #35
God Member

[QUOTE=st06nc2;1182111] Sean mc played better in defence then he does on the wing QUOTE]

Is that saying much, or are you saying he no longer shrinks from making a tackle? If the latter I can't wait to see the new defensive set-up next Saturday.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 23:14   #36

My main thoughts on game, are creative midfielders of mccartain, clark and O'Sullivan didn't create enough clear chances(compared to last year's mingoia,windass and crooks). We had plenty of the ball but didn't create enough to win a game. Still hopefully the late goal will help provide confidence to push us forward to achieve the first target of the season of 50 points.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Lord Didsbury likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 09:15   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
My main thoughts on game, are creative midfielders of mccartain, clark and O'Sullivan didn't create enough clear chances(compared to last year's mingoia,windass and crooks). We had plenty of the ball but didn't create enough to win a game. Still hopefully the late goal will help provide confidence to push us forward to achieve the first target of the season of 50 points.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Yes you are correct! Along with many others on here, at least as far as Clark and O'Sullivan are concerned. Compared to Windass and Mongolia they are poor in comparison. But then you are remembering Windlass and Mongolia at their best at Stanley just before the left the club. They weren't as good when they first came. This is still a team in transition and that is why Coley is sticking with them. They will improve if they have it in them given time! Let's hope it happens before too long.....and most of all let's hope it happens this season....
AccyMad, cashman and chevyfire like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 13:00   #38

I only saw one thing wrong. Not enough movement. Boco and being 1-0 down and desperate changed that a bit. We started to string a few more passes together rather than the too familiar hoof down the middle. Yeovil moved and, therefore, passed more effectively at times.
Having said that I didn't think we played all that badly. The defence did well - especially considering only Matty P was a first choice.
Kee was too quiet - as a result of players not moving and bringing him into the game. Boco moves more. When he gets the ball he's often in more space.
He was offside a few times.

My memory is hazy but last year when Mingoia got the ball he was often in plenty of space. O'Sullivan is crowded out. I suspect Jono would be just as effective.
AccyMad likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 13:31   #39
Senior Member+

We just look shot of confidence!

A team that looks like they've never played with each other before, struggle stringing a couple of passes together and making basic errors...Not the same team that beat Burnley, Bradford and almost took West Ham the whole way!

We just need to get back to basics and get the simple things right and just become hard to beat and the results will come again!
Chrisr and Lord Didsbury like this.
Old 27-11-2016, 14:01   #40

Baldy - I suspect that last season we built up confidence with Crooks and Windass so that even when they were injured we still maintained the shape and movement.

Also worth considering the impact that Brad and Buxton (and Matty P when playing wide) had. They both got forward well - didn't Brad surge through midfield regularly?. Vyner is not as good going forward. The Don is a much better player than Buxton but could he do more in attack?
Old 27-11-2016, 17:48   #41
Senior Member+

A very poor display indeed. As Yonmon says, we were second best to a well-organised Yeovil team. Constant hoof ball to two strikers much smaller than the opposing defenders was unlikely to bring success, and when we did try to pass along the ground, we found an opponent with almost unerring accuracy. Was Beckles injured? Surely he should have been used a substitute for Vyner. If he was injured, why have him on the bench?

Sorry, Chrisr but the disallowed goal was certainly offside.

The referee was hopeless but he cannot be held responsible for Stanley's poor performance.

But a special word about the stretcher bearers. They were an embarrassing disgrace to the club. They displayed no urgency whatsoever - one of them even walked on with a hand in his pocket.
cashman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 18:36   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Mark Hughes should have been M.O.M today. It was only after we equalised that we suddenly looked like a team that actually wanted to compete. It does show we have enough talent in the squad to play as well as we should. There seems to be a com[lete lack of motivation in this team at the moment. I don't know why. I do know this. If we keep putting out performances like this we may as well just not bother coming. It was embarrassing at times. This is nowhere near acceptable. Yeovil were not better than us but got a lucky decision for their goal. next home game 17th December. I hope to be there if things pick up.
Yet doesn't the highlights video not suggest that had Mark stood his ground instead of moving behind the wall when Khan curled his free kick in, then he would possibly have headed the ball out of harm's way ¿?.
In spite of this bit of luckiness on my part, yes he did put in an excellent shift Chris ! and a praiseworthy one at that !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 18:56   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
A very poor display indeed. As Yonmon says, we were second best to a well-organised Yeovil team. Constant hoof ball to two strikers much smaller than the opposing defenders was unlikely to bring success, and when we did try to pass along the ground, we found an opponent with almost unerring accuracy. Was Beckles injured? Surely he should have been used a substitute for Vyner. If he was injured, why have him on the bench?

Sorry, Chrisr but the disallowed goal was certainly offside.

The referee was hopeless but he cannot be held responsible for Stanley's poor performance.

But a special word about the stretcher bearers. They were an embarrassing disgrace to the club. They displayed no urgency whatsoever - one of them even walked on with a hand in his pocket.
Yes our enthusiastic and highly trained Medical support team gave a less than acceptable performance I'm afraid RR, when exhorted by the crowd to get a move on I'll swear they actually slowed down , and the front left bearer, albeit somehow managing to carry the stretcher with one hand , allowed a look of surprise to cross his face as watching fans berated him...then he appeared to thrust his hand ever deeper into his pocket !...causing the Acme Super duper Orange Stretcher to tilt over, suggesting to me that perhaps he wasn't the right man for the job !.

But isn't that just like t'Stanley folks ?.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 19:14   #44
Super Moderator

ChrisR we'll fall out again!!

The Club Doctor attended to Zac from around 2 minutes into the "incident" until around 10pm last night; after she collected him from BRH when he was discharged.

She then spoke to our staff, his parent club's manager plus his parent Club's Doctor with updates. No idea what time she "clocked off".

She's was a little "slow" to attend the scene with the paramedics as their route to the pitch was slighly blocked by the frost covers. (yes one area to improve on)

The stretcher team were only summoned on by the referee (his call) as the medical team were busy treating a poorly young man.

Should I now ask Fabrice Mumaba to have her medical award returned??
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 20:26   #45

And what difference would a quicker stretcher have made? Surely getting the inhaler to him, getting him treated on the pitch by a doctor and then getting him to hospital via ambulance (if needed) were the important things. A stretcher would only have had the effect of getting the match started a bit quicker.
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..