Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2016, 21:33   #46

Re: Yeovil town thread

A very strange thing happened yesterday.

The opposition scoring from a 25 yard free kick was no surprise. Reckon that's about the 5th this season. No, the moment that had me staring in disbelief was when we had a free chick from a similar position and it wasn't blasted miles over the bar.
I think Shay took it. He curled it fairly tamely round the wall for an easy save for their keeper but it's a huge step forward. It was on target.

To make up for this, though, a bit later came the worst foul throw I think I've ever seen (from Zak I believe).
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2016, 21:45   #47
I am Banned

Can't just be me that noticed the Yeovil keeper tell the young children behind the goal to f**k off at the end of the game?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 21:46   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Agree about the foul throw, but theres that replaced it was as well, imho.
Old 27-11-2016, 21:51   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
And what difference would a quicker stretcher have made?
Medically, it would have made no difference. Nobody has suggested that it would. However, it looked totally unprofessional.
Chrisr likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 21:55   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
we had a free chick from a similar position
Was this a Christmas gift?

Quote:
To make up for this, though, a bit later came the worst foul throw I think I've ever seen (from Zak I believe).
Zak was clearly struggling from the start. A few of his passes had been badly misplaced. Sadly the rest of the team did not have such an excuse.
Old 27-11-2016, 22:35   #51
I am Banned

Quote:
A very strange thing happened yesterday.

The opposition scoring from a 25 yard free kick was no surprise. Reckon that's about the 5th this season. No, the moment that had me staring in disbelief was when we had a free chick from a similar position and it wasn't blasted miles over the bar.
I think Shay took it. He curled it fairly tamely round the wall for an easy save for their keeper but it's a huge step forward. It was on target.

I believe it was golden boy that took it
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2016, 23:42   #52
Senior Member+

No one has highlighted how once again are team looks to be the least fit in all of league 2.

They say it's a game of small percentages, well we are giving away an advantage to every club in league 2 by not having our players as fit as our rivals.

Last edited by DAV007; 27-11-2016 at 23:46.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 00:21   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Sorry - it was Shay who took that free kick.
Old 28-11-2016, 08:09   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
It was Shay.
Old 28-11-2016, 09:22   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
No one has highlighted how once again are team looks to be the least fit in all of league 2.

They say it's a game of small percentages, well we are giving away an advantage to every club in league 2 by not having our players as fit as our rivals.
Dav, as you seem to have picked this up perhaps you should speak to John or Jimmy about this at the next home game?
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 10:29   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

You have highlighted it,you are the rep. sort it.
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 28-11-2016, 10:50   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Yet doesn't the highlights video not suggest that had Mark stood his ground instead of moving behind the wall .
Yes, Yonmon, you weren't the only one who was flummoxed by that particular episode. Very strange for someone who usually is as good as a brick wall in defence.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 14:40   #58

Goddamn you Dav007. Please elucidate so that we may have something of substance with which to rubbish your rather strange claim.

Would also be useful to know what you mean by fit. Uninjured? Aerobically? Not as fast or powerful?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2016, 15:12   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Goddamn you Dav007. Please elucidate so that we may have something of substance with which to rubbish your rather strange claim.

Would also be useful to know what you mean by fit. Uninjured? Aerobically? Not as fast or powerful?
Yeh got more chance asking the pope to become atheist.
Old 28-11-2016, 16:26   #60
God Member

Quote:
Couldn't have been or there'd have been pages on here berating him for it
Oldgobbin, Chimer and Kiwi John like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..