Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2016, 16:16   #31
Senior Member+

Re: York City Thread.

Two more wins - just two more wins .......
Old 23-04-2016, 16:24   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Possible a win next week will do it, yeh never know?another good performance today, totally outplayed York, sad to see em go, but tough. Have to say i think we would probably be already promoted, had Fosu played from when he signed on loan.

Last edited by cashman; 23-04-2016 at 16:27.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 16:33   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Possible a win next week will do it, yeh never know?another good performance today, totally outplayed York, sad to see em go, but tough. Have to say i think we would probably be already promoted, had Fosu played from when he signed on loan.
Agree Cashy been a revelation but not as effective as your mate Seany
Old 23-04-2016, 16:38   #34
Senior Member+

Brilliant Stanley, almost there. All the teams in contention are away next Saturday then all at home for the last league game. Big, big game next week, lets hope Carlisle do us a favour and York finish in style. Wycombe are only playing to see the season out and Stanley are on the boil so here,s hoping. It,s going to be a long week waiting for next win, haven't been this excited since 15th April 2006. Where ever I go next week I shall be wearing my Stanley shirt and I would hope everyone else will do the same, keep the spirit going.
choirboy likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 16:39   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Would need Oxford to lose at Carlisle or Brizzle to lose or draw at York - long trips for both of them so lets hope the motorways are busy
Old 23-04-2016, 16:43   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Today a good all round performance, thought pierro n joss were outstanding.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 23-04-2016, 16:46   #37
Resting in Peace

What an exhibition of wing play from Piero and Fosu
Their 2 full backs can never have had such a roasting. The right back was so frazzled he had to lie down twice pretending to be injured. He won't sleep tonight. Feel sorry for Piero who puts in all these great crosses but never gets them in return when he gets in great positions himself
. Ignored usually by Josh and in fact I was calling for him to be subbed before he came alive with his goals!��
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 16:51   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
What an exhibition of wing play from Piero and Fosu
Their 2 full backs can never have had such a roasting. The right back was so frazzled he had to lie down twice pretending to be injured. He won't sleep tonight. Feel sorry for Piero who puts in all these great crosses but never gets them in return when he gets in great positions himself
. Ignored usually by Josh and in fact I was calling for him to be subbed before he came alive with his goals!��
Those 2 are the best 2 wingers in the division i reckon.
Revived Red likes this.
Old 23-04-2016, 17:12   #39
Senior Member+

A great result for the STANLEY today......
THREE more points closer to achieving THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM of 'Little Old Accrington Stanley' achieving promotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
York did not play badly today and I have seen worse teams than them at 'The WHAM Stadium' this season.

Although the first half was somewhat 'Edgy' we finished the half well by scoring the all important first goal!
York continued to cause us quite a few problems but like most teams battling against relegation the ball just did not run for them.
The 'ENERGY' which our boys showed was one of the main factors in the victory today. Not only when going forward with the ball but also when retreating.
Pierro as usual was harrassing back continuously as was Brad Halliday who played like a 'TIGER'! Bucko too was onto his opponents at every opportunity. Matty Pearson was up and down the pitch like a newly refurbished 'Gresley A4 Streamlined Pacific'!
Seamus was the ever reliable calming influence in midfield and in the second half he got into some excellent forward attacking positions. Billy worked tirelessly against tough opponents but he was immense once again. Billy showed his appreciation for the Clayton End support with his 'fist pumps' late in the second half.
Our two centre backs Hughes and Davies were always in control and Davies even had a couple of superb overlapping right wing runs too as did Pearson. Hughes was as cool at the back as Seamus was in midfield. Ross in goal had a sound game and made a couple of good saves when tested. He will be chuffed to have got another clean sheet. 3-0 does our goal difference a bit of good too!
Two goal hero Windass took a while to get going but he was motoring in the second half and looked very dangerous whenever he got the ball down and ran at York's defence. He was slightly greedy on a couple of occasions but that is a trait of a player who expects to 'Score' every time he approaches the opponents penalty box!

The big difference today was young Fosu who played like a 'WIZARD'!!!! His stepovers even had me confused at times so I can't imagine what it was like to be York's right back today. Fosu was BRILLIANT, and The Clayton End enjoyed singing their new chant for him!

When Shay came on he nearly broke through down the middle with one of his trade mark 'Mazy' runs.

I must pay credit to the York City players today as they continued to play in the right spirit. They tried to play with a creative game and they actually produced their best football when they were two goals down and for a spell they dictated play. I think it is a real shame for them to go down. I would rather Stevenage had gone down with The Daggers!!! Yes....... I do have a Northern bias!
I came off the ground today with a wonderful 'Banging Head Ache' and a 'Hoarse Throat' but I will certainly be having some celebration Ale tonight!

Well for us just two more matches to achieve the DREAM!!

ON STANLEY ON with Jimmy and John.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS TO GLORY.

cashman and ossy kid like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 17:32   #40

Quote:
Have to say i think we would probably be already promoted, had Fosu played from when he signed on loan.
You have to have a sly dig don't you!!

Last thing on my mind, and 2220 others.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 17:43   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
You have to have a sly dig don't you!!

Last thing on my mind, and 2220 others.
Not a sly dig a ruddy FACT in my eyes and many more.
Old 23-04-2016, 17:57   #42

Quote:
Not a sly dig a ruddy FACT in my eyes and many more.
But same could be said about Jason Mooney and even Joe Wright (Injury let Davies in), but don't see you mentioning those.

It's nowt but a witchhunt.
Old 23-04-2016, 17:59   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good video from our manager, but wrong saying we dont want to relegate anybody, We didn't the seasons results relegated York simple as.
Old 23-04-2016, 18:00   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
But same could be said about Jason Mooney and even Joe Wright (Injury let Davies in), but don't see you mentioning those.

It's nowt but a witchhunt.
Why could that be the case? did those 2 play poorly regular? i cant recall it.
Old 23-04-2016, 18:14   #45

Quote:
Why could that be the case? did those 2 play poorly regular? i cant recall it.
Mooney did, think he conceded more than he saved. (Still fully support him though)

Wright always looked v.dodgy at the back, great going forward though but Davies is a lot more solid prospect.

Number of increased clean sheets prove this.

Fosu I believe is better, but that's not McConville's fault is it?
choirboy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..