Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2016, 18:20   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: York City Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Mooney did, think he conceded more than he saved. (Still fully support him though)

Wright always looked v.dodgy at the back, great going forward though but Davies is a lot more solid prospect.

Number of increased clean sheets prove this.

Fosu I believe is better, but that's not McConville's fault is it?
I always prefered Ethridge to mooney after seeing the pre-season games,and said so to many folk, Fosu is certainly better in my view, the fact he had played games at a higher level prove that, the fact Mconville was playing poorly in quite a few games, make a mockery of that fact. thats my opinion yer entitled to yours.Wright didn't do badly in the view of quite a few people. Its you thats continued this witchunt by your sly dig comment, but thats too hard to grasp i suppose?

Last edited by cashman; 23-04-2016 at 18:22.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2016, 18:41   #47

Fosu nutmegging that bloke was class, could do with a bit more strength so he doesn't go to ground so easy but hey he scored and had a great game so who cares.
Piero put loads of good balls in the box just no one there to finish them we could have had 10 !!

Bloke I really like and never seems to put a foot wrong is Hughes great Defender the games I've seen him play he's always played well.

Will be there again for the next home game can't wait.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 19:33   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Fosu nutmegging that bloke was class, could do with a bit more strength so he doesn't go to ground so easy but hey he scored and had a great game so who cares.
Piero put loads of good balls in the box just no one there to finish them we could have had 10 !!

Bloke I really like and never seems to put a foot wrong is Hughes great Defender the games I've seen him play he's always played well.

Will be there again for the next home game can't wait.
Good points above.....

As I said in my offering.... Today Fosu was like a WIZARD and Hughes was 'Mr Cool' at the back and Pierro was 'Everywhere' doing what we have come to expect of him. I have to say I don't like the other posts that seem to level some criticism at Sean McConville. Sean has played his part in a wonderful season (so far). You can only do your best when selected and Sean doesn't 'Pick the team'. I agree that he could have nailed a few more 'goals' but he has been an integral part of the team/squad this season and should be praised along with the rest of the players. He has, after all been in 'No Man's Land' for the last couple of seasons in lower leagues and John and Jimmy saw fit to bring him back to Accrington Stanley where he has surely played his best football. He certainly got fitter earlier in the season and he has played his part when we had some injury issues mid season. He is part of this wonderful squad and it is perhaps unfair to compare him with a player, such as young Fosu, who clearly has a future at the highest levels of English football!!! Sean has done his bit for Stanley and should be given credit. If we win promotion, he will be getting the same medal as the rest of the squad. So come on guys, stop hitting on him and get behind the Stanley squad ....All of 'em!
ON STANLEY ON
ps. I filled in the form for 'Players of the Season' today and I wanted to tick ALL of the boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pps Coley and Jimmy should get a 'Medal' each at the end of the season too.......promotion permitting?!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 20:48   #49
God Member

Nevermind a medal Choirboy,knighthoods are a more deserving honour.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 21:07   #50
Senior Member+

Going to party tonight!!!,can't be doing watching on live text,it really is stressful.
Believe young Fosu was unplayable today,just two repeat performances and it will prove a master stroke.
Think a couple more clean sheets will do it (sorry Redraine!!),Crooksey being injured has made us a little more solid with the holding two not as flamboyant and screening the back four ( clean sheets backs this up).
Going forward we always look like scoring.
I honestly don't think the lads are aware of what they on the verge of,nobody tell them and let them play with the freedom they seem to have KTF
monkey hanger likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 21:21   #51

Stanley are on soon on the football league show on channel 5, it just showed Josh's goal, doesn't a pack Clayton end look good. Brilliant today from Stanley, believe every player played well! Fosu seems like a breath of fresh air! Another stat just come on saying no one has scored more at home than Accrington! Just two more games and the lads would of achieved something that was unbelievable in August! What a journey. And 10 years on from promotion from conference! Brilliant

P.s can we stop the petty arguments over certain players, not ever play is going be every fans favourite. Every player that has worn a Stanley shirt this season or any has put in a performance and effort that has led us to being second in the football league. Now let's just enjoy this journey to league 1
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 23-04-2016, 22:52   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
Stanley are on soon on the football league show on channel 5, it just showed Josh's goal, doesn't a pack Clayton end look good. Brilliant today from Stanley, believe every player played well! Fosu seems like a breath of fresh air! Another stat just come on saying no one has scored more at home than Accrington! Just two more games and the lads would of achieved something that was unbelievable in August! What a journey. And 10 years on from promotion from conference! Brilliant

P.s can we stop the petty arguments over certain players, not ever play is going be every fans favourite. Every player that has worn a Stanley shirt this season or any has put in a performance and effort that has led us to being second in the football league. Now let's just enjoy this journey to league 1
I agree with nearly all your comments apart from the P.s. It's not about fan's favourites. It's about picking the best players available. Fosu wasn't available earlier in the season .....but the good news he is now, and what a contribution he has made in such a short time. That's the point. Play your best players to get the best results. So keep playing him unless he is injured, or doesn't give 100%.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 23:54   #53
Full Member+

Well done Reds!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 07:33   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Well done Reds!
yes stanleys got talent and the X factor. dare we believe. YES.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 08:47   #55
Senior Member+

Another good crowd yesterday, just a shame York travelled in so few numbers, which wasn't surprising given their situation. Always like York as a city and away day, fingers crossed they battle back next season, Cheltenham have shown it can be done.

As for the game itself, thought we looked a little nervous and the atmosphere seemed a little flat for periods which added to that. Granted York looked VERY poor, (quite how they smashed Pompey last week is anyone's guess), but the potential of this squad really is huge. To play well for half an hour maximum, still win 3-0 with another 2 subs available to bring is a testament to that, fair play to Coley for building such a top group of lads.

As others have said, Fosu has been a breath of fresh air on the wing. Granted ive only been half a dozen games or so this season, but I dread to think where we could have been if he had been here for longer, another superb showing from Tarique.

Thought nobody let the team down yesterday, though Kee again to me looked knackered after an hour, and if I could have changed anything, it would have been to give him a rest and throw Gornell on for the last 30 minutes.

To top a great day off our old mate Westley was sacked from Peterborough too HA!

Lucky enough im working in London from Monday evening so it maybe a quick train trip to Wycombe next Saturday.

BELIEVE
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..