Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2004, 10:31   #1
God Member

York - Oh dear :(

From confguide re: York at Aldershot

Quote:
An absolutely awful ground with no atmosphere, and poor stwarding and policing failed to stop sporadic incidents of fighting before, during and after the match.
I hear one of our sewards go attacked at the final whistle yesterday by Burton fans... Don't know the details though.
Old 15-08-2004, 11:33   #2

Talking Re: York - Oh dear :(

Your 'T' key/button not working mate? Thats about as comprehensive as that brilliant idea thread.. hehehe

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 11:40   #3
God Member

Re: York - Oh dear :(

Dont worry mate.. I am sure someone will explain it to you if ya ahvent figured it out by end of weekend

For the record (in case no one figured it out) I couldnt give a flying monkeys about my spelling so long as the general post can be figured out.
Old 15-08-2004, 13:36   #4
Junior Member+

I think I saw the incident regarding the steward that you mention.

It looked like one Burton fan wanted to leave early and the steward refused to open the gate to let him out. Fan got a bit upset, pushed the steward and opened gate himself. Think he probably got picked up by other stewards outside the ground.

Perhaps he was upset at a) the £2.50 price for a programme with only 28 pages!! or b) the fact that the lids were confiscated at the tea bar if you bought a bottle of drink.
CTMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 14:13   #5
God Member

Perhaps he was upset... Is that a good enough excuse to assault a steward?

Dont worry I aint tarring burton fans with the same brush... Spoke to a few yesterday.. Burton mascot was in my house before the game and Ian your photographer guy I know.. But one hothead can spoil it for the rest eh..
Old 15-08-2004, 14:21   #6
Resting in Peace

All this is just 1 Reason why i DO NOT watch Football
i used to live in Preston as Kipax knows and the only time i ever went on PNE was when the firm i worked for (Bae) went on strike it was the only place they could get all of us togeather Preston Warton and Salmsbury
there are too meny people out to spoil the great game of Football BUT as i have now moved to Accrington and seen some of the games on TV i might start going to local games they do look a good side and there is not so meany thugs around the area to spoil the game unless YOU know better .........????????????????????

Last edited by Mick; 15-08-2004 at 14:24.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 15:26   #7
Resting in Peace

Well this post has been on 1 hour without anybody reacting to it so i must be right
so untill they clean football up ONE HELL OF A LOT I FOR 1 wont be going to any football matches
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 15:56   #8
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Your 'T' key/button not working mate?
i is bad forum eiqueee o make commens on peoples spelling or abou missing leers, jimbo.
you ell him kipax

Here are more imporan hings o worry abou

oops sorry, couldn resis!
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 18:16   #9
Senior Member+

Mick - in response to your posts, I have only just read them, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that the incident yesterday, if there was one, is an isolated one and does not normally happen at the I.E.S. I think I can say with a degree of certainty that non-league football is a lot friendlier atmosphere than certain league clubs. Come along and give the team your support. This season WILL be excting for all fans, whether armchair or not and hopefully your fears will be allayed.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 21:43   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Well this post has been on 1 hour without anybody reacting to it so i must be right
so untill they clean football up ONE HELL OF A LOT I FOR 1 wont be going to any football matches
Welcome to the 1970s.
Old 16-08-2004, 01:40   #11
Senior Member+

Mike as a member of Accy Web more then likely you meet quite a few Stanley fans from here at the get togethers they would all tell you how safe and entertaining going to stanley is and I am sure 1 or 2 would like to invite you to go along and enjoy it. I personaly took my wife to her first ever match last year (she's an American and had heard all about the English holigans at Soccer matches) she had a great time and said that her impressions of English Soccer surporters had changed and when ever we go home we have to include a match at the IES, please dont let one little incident or the Accy Observer taint your opinion of the welcome or the great time you would have watching Stanley.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 07:45   #12
Super Moderator

Mick, just to back up what Ozzy and Bazf have said, the IES is a hooligan-free environment. The occasional isolated incident like Saturday's are few and far between. Come along and enjoy an excellent game of professional football in friendly surroundings and all for a tenner. The same applies to any other non-Stanley AccyWeb posters who occasionally have a look at this part of the site out of curiosity. You'll have a great afternoon out - I guarantee it!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 12:34   #13
Senior Member+

I support what Wynonie says. I've been going to home and away matches, often with my daughter, for about 14 years and we've never seen any problems with the crowd. Excellent game and professional football as Wynonie says and the friendliest and wittiest bunch of supportrs I've ever come across.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 16:35   #14

Never seen or heard of any trouble at the IES at all.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 16:53   #15
Senior Member+

Not trying to argue with all that has been said

but

Where NON of you here for the 1980's 4 th Qualifying Round Match against Fleetwood Town at the Crown. I got smacked by a 30 year old grown man & I was 16!!!! The game was delayed due to violence & a police dog was the segregation between two sets of fans/hooligans. Them where the days

Like everyone has said though no trouble EVER at the Interlink.........

Jase

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..