Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 20:06   #16
Senior Member+

Re: York Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Wycombe against Northampton on Friday. Can't work out what would be the best result for us. Mansfield for us who look safe now.
Local media round here think they're looking at the play offs but then again they do have 6 fingers and on average 8 children per family!
Old 12-04-2014, 21:45   #17
Senior Member+

Looks like 50 points might not be enough.

Its remarkable how 50 points for years was guaranteed safety, yet last year Barnet and this year there is every chance of going down with 50
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 22:09   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I reckon 52 will do it safely. no worries at all me,
Old 12-04-2014, 22:34   #19
God Member

Good day out today & i have the feeling that of the two managers,ours will be the happier tonight - their 'penalty' was at best controversial yet that was the best they could do to score against us! And they have ideas about promotion to league one? Somehow i don't think so ��
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 22:41   #20
Senior Member+

I think 50 might do it after all. Looking at the remaining fixtures, I think Brizzle may only get one more point and go down with 48, leaving Northampton safe in 22nd on 50. If logic overcomes passion, everybody else in the struggle should get 4 points by my reckoning, except Hartlepool who should get 6. But given the accuracy of my predictions ........ who knows?
Old 12-04-2014, 22:57   #21
Senior Member+

York were completely toothless.

That gift of a penalty was the only way they were going to score. If we were still playing now they would not have scored otherwise.

Mind you so were we till the late substitutions. Why doesn't a player with Bowerman's pedigree get a game? I was pretty underwhelmed by our starting front 2 today.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 05:34   #22
God Member

A fine point against the in form side of League Two

As always with this League when you pull off a result things around you also tighten, we are four points clear with the Goal Difference potentially worth another point from our point of view one more win should secure it.

Looking at the remaining fixtures Manfield had a cracking result against Rochdale yesterday and our two away fixtures are against play-off contenders and then the last game brings the Dons to Stanley who also had a good result away yesterday so I take nothing for granted other than it's in our own hands and there is still a lot to play for.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 06:05   #23
Full Member+

4 more points then I might the maracas out

Good point Stanley
Old 13-04-2014, 07:31   #24
God Member

Had a look at all the remaining games this morning all the teams below us play each other Wycombe have Northampton next. One more win from us will make goal differance at least -2 so 53 pts should be enough,as for yesterday if we had our shooting boots on would have won well done Shay a lot round me giving Beattie stick for putting him on showed the rest how to score.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 07:58   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to say the substitution did surprise me,but the lad must have been showing well in training i reckon, J.B. @ P.S. know the score so that,ll do fer me. got up well fer the goal did young Shay well done lad.
Old 13-04-2014, 08:13   #26
Senior Member+

Well a great day out over the border...... York along with Morecambe and Torquay is without doubt one of my favourite away trips.

My first game for a while...... and I have to say its the same old story for me. The back 5 had a decent game, thought Nicky Hunt made some great tackles. Thought Atkinson did ok considering he has hardly played this year.

Really not sure what the logic was playing Buxton in midfield?? I think we where probably setup to get a point, which thankfully we got. Moly again looked on a different planet when he was introduced, what I would give for us to be able to keep him next season.

As for going forward I really did think we looked pretty dire. Gray and big Kay looked miles off the pace for me. As others have said, not sure what Bowerman and Webber have done wrong??? As for MCcarten.... I thought he had disappeared off the planet! So fair to him for taking his chance.

Up the reds.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 09:17   #27
Senior Member+

Watched the action over breakfast on TV and I think Big K was very harshly dealt with re the penalty. It looked to me as if he was pushed into the ball, he definitely didn't raise his arm towards the ball. Hey ho! We got another great .....late equalizer!
Shay rose really well to get up first to the high corner from Moly as it dropped! Great goal for the lad. Well done to JB for making some brave changes in team selection. Well done to the boys on the pitch for keeping up the fight right to the end.
Creeping nearer to safety!
ON STANLEY ON
stanley nick likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 09:34   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to say with the penalty, it looked a damn site worse on the ground n it looked bad enough on telly.
Old 13-04-2014, 10:59   #29
Super Moderator

Never a penalty in a thousand years! All credit to the lads for not letting their heads drop after that and keeping on battling to get their just reward!
Old 13-04-2014, 12:06   #30
God Member

Struggling to see how the penalty could have been given - the ball fell, rolling between Kay's arm and the oppo's knee. Never a deliberate handball. Poor decision.

Great to see such commitment from Shay McCartan who was a missing man for 6 months.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..