Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 07:53   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

York Thread

Today sees 2 decent sides come together, Think we will nick this un, but will happily settle fer 1 pt. Just hope we play better n last season.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: York Thread

Sadly I can't be there today but good luck to JB and the team. York have been on a good run but if we play to our potential we can definitely take all three points. Please give an extra loud cheer or two for me in my absence.
COME ON STANLEY
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:08   #3
Super Moderator

Going to get the train in half an hour or so, nervous but excited. Have a feeling we're going to nick all three points today!
cashman likes this.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:12   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Going to get the train in half an hour or so, nervous but excited. Have a feeling we're going to nick all three points today!
See yeh yon mate no doubt,
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 12-04-2014, 13:43   #5
God Member

Team today.

Betts, Buxton, Tom, Atkinson, Lidds, Hunt, Murph, Joyce, Mingoia, Gray, Odejayi.

Subs: McCartan, Webber, Will, Kal, Moly, Windass, Bowerman.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 16:06   #6
God Member

Official web link failed today so it was even more agonising following things via the Beeb web site. But what a fantastic result. Well done Stanley.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 16:11   #7

and there was me thinking 'McCarten, remind me how many goals he's got this season - what a strange sub' - and he ends York's long cleansheet run ! Many a good result from teams below us but our point has got to be a good result as well.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 16:12   #8
Resting in Peace

Credit for great subs!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 16:15   #9
God Member

Nice to see early subs, 3 subs and scoring sub....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 16:27   #10
Senior Member+

Great result for J B & the reds, what the team can't control is the teams around us are also picking up valuable points, makes you wonder what points tally will be required to put us safe this season
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 16:41   #11
Senior Member+

Great point for the reds today listened on Yorkshire radio and when we scored went to pick angeb up and was told to 'go away' as I would only drop her! Oh well! Good evening in our household wine o'clock and a point closer to safety. Well done to JB with the substitutions and the fantastic never say die attitude of the Stanley players...ON STANLEY ON
Old 12-04-2014, 16:58   #12

I'm guessing we might get another 5 or 6 points. I can't see Torquay doing better than that. Northampton could get 8. Wycombe and Bristol in poor form. I'm guessing one of them might join Torquay for the drop, I just hope the Shrimps don't go into free fall, I don't think they have the gritty players good enough for a relegation battle....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 17:04   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I'm guessing we might get another 5 or 6 points. I can't see Torquay doing better than that. Northampton could get 8. Wycombe and Bristol in poor form. I'm guessing one of them might join Torquay for the drop, I just hope the Shrimps don't go into free fall, I don't think they have the gritty players good enough for a relegation battle....
Too right we need those guaranteed 6 points every season
Old 12-04-2014, 18:32   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good solid display,definitely worth a point, but once again in my view a poor decision did us, Hope its shown on tv tonight, Yorks penalty was a push on wiley, thats the only reason the ball hit him, Betts had very little to do oer the 90mins, the subs all did well, perhaps cos they had time to do it? Mingoia had a fair game n was happy to see him back.
Old 12-04-2014, 19:10   #15
Senior Member+

Wycombe against Northampton on Friday. Can't work out what would be the best result for us. Mansfield for us who look safe now.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..