Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Photo Competition 1 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/photo-competition-1-a-20242.html)

K.S.H 14-03-2006 20:14

Photo Competition 1

1st lets just confirm the rules:
Each competition will run for 4 weeks, 3 weeks for uploading pictures and 1 week for final votes.
THIS is the link to the competition pages
During the 3 week uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.
After the 3 week upload period, voting only will be allowed for 1 week then voting will be stopped.
Closing date for entry is 4th April, voting will close on the 11th April
Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person

The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition ( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)

In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner

2 entrys are allowed per person (this could change, we'll see how it goes 1st) Any more than this will be removed, your 1st 2 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed

All images must be your own work, scanned, digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, please dont use images off the web or from mags as we dont want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images. You will retain copyright of all your images.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed

Glad that bits over with :)

This months theme will be

REDAnything you like relating to the colour red, I kept it simple for the 1st one, a lot of things spring to mind, let's see what you all come up with.

Post Your Images Here

For those who are not too sure about how to upload their pics
1. Press the link above
2. Make sure it has "Competition #1 in the drop down list"
3. Press the "Browse" button and select your image
4. Enter a title and description if required
5. Press "Upoad/submit" near the bottom of the page

Link to Competition gallery

Good luck

entwisi 14-03-2006 21:01

Re: Photo Competition 1

Ooooo, I've a few I've already taken that fall nicely into that section

I 's a definate, the second is a possible

K.S.H 14-03-2006 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi
Ooooo, I've a few I've already taken that fall nicely into that section

I 's a definate, the second is a possible

I thought that but I can't find them :confused: Found one so I'm gonna put that up and i'll take one specially for the comp later in the week.

Just a thought Len, if we change our mind can we delete the photo's and upload another?

K.S.H 14-03-2006 21:37

Mines in but the software doesn't half change the colours, see the image below, its the image opened in editing software and same image in browser from Accyweb

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...g?d=1142371744

entwisi 14-03-2006 21:37

yeh, I plan on taking something specially later on. The other was a must as soon as I saw teh subject!

Len 14-03-2006 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H
Just a thought Len, if we change our mind can we delete the photo's and upload another?

I’m afraid not, well not at the moe and to be honest I can’t see that option being added. If everyone were to start remove photos willie nillie it could create chaos in the gallery .i.e comment/posts looking silly etc.

Photos added to the member’s Galleries, personal Albums can be removed and changed by the members at any time.

If someone makes a mistake uploading or is not happy about an uploaded photo then they should contact a mod and then it will be looked into.

I think in this case if one makes a mistake then they get no votes. Hehe

Perhaps we could increase the number of entries per member? This would also make the album more interesting to view.

Anyhow I’ve got my first one in so get voting. :)

Margaret Pilkington 14-03-2006 21:54

Can the pic be one that was taken in the past or do the photo's have to be taken in the month that the competition runs?........don't know if that is a daft question.

K.S.H 14-03-2006 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Can the pic be one that was taken in the past or do the photo's have to be taken in the month that the competition runs?........don't know if that is a daft question.

Well me and Entwisi have cheated if you can't :)

Post any as long as there your own

K.S.H 14-03-2006 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len
I think in this case if one makes a mistake then they get no votes. Hehe

:)

Just a thought, I wasn't too happy about the colour of mine, it changed so much when I uploaded it, i'll submit them a bit brighter next time:)

entwisi 14-03-2006 22:00

Not cheated, just used something I took before.

As long as its your own work I see no reason not to use something you took 1 week, or 10 years ago

Margaret Pilkington 14-03-2006 22:00

Thanks for that info K.S.H. and also for the instructions on how to post pics to the competition......I'm just going to have a look at what I've got and will be post a pic soon.

K.S.H 14-03-2006 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi
Not cheated, just used something I took before.

As long as its your own work I see no reason not to use something you took 1 week, or 10 years ago

No, I dont see anything wrong with that either

Margaret Pilkington 14-03-2006 22:14

Well.....I've gone and done it now!

K.S.H 14-03-2006 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Well.....I've gone and done it now!

It would certainly have been red if you took the pic 500 yards further down the street:cool:

Len 14-03-2006 22:46

I’ve just been told that you can actually edit the photo or should I say replace it.
Look under your image and you will be able to see “edit photo” from there you can replace that image with another by browsing. I have this option but I didn’t think anyone else had. hehe