Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Photo Competition 7 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/photo-competition-7-a-22425.html)

K.S.H 17-06-2006 19:39

Photo Competition 7

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations to Col.Kurtz on winning Comp 6.

Click here to enter/view Competition

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only
During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.
After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.

Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person

The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition ( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)

In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner

4 entrys are allowed per person
Any more than this will be removed, your 1st 4 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed

All images must be your own work, scanned, digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, please dont use images off the web or from mags as we dont want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images. You will retain copyright of all your images.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed

Theme chosen by Col.Kurtz - photo 6 comp winner is
Classic Beauty

.................................................. ..................................................
We now have some small prizes to be awarded, we won't be giving one away for every competition so what we will do is:-
Give 1 away for every 6 competitions, this will mean a prize will be given approx every 12 week.
I will put he 6 winning images into a thread with a poll on so people can vote for the one they like, it will run for 5 days then the poll will close, Mick is holding the prizes and will contact the winner with details of how they can collect it.
I will not be able to enter as I run the comp neither will any of the Accy moderators, this doesn't stop us entering the fortnightly comp - it just means if we happened to win one our entry wouldn't go into the prize draw, we would in that case enter the runner up from the week we won.
Prize you could win by entering this competition is a Mini tripod

Attachment 6299

.................................................. ..................................................

Closing date for this competition is 24:00 on the 28th of June and voting will be allowed up to 22:00 on the 30th of June

For those who are not too sure about how to upload their pics
1. Click Here
2. Select the latest competition
3. Press the "upload photos" button (top right of page)
4. Make sure latest competition is in the drop down list
5. Press the "Browse" button and select your image
6. Enter a title and description if required
7. Press "Upoad/submit" near the bottom of the page

Good luck

grannyclaret 21-06-2006 11:24

Re: Photo Competition 7

Maybe i vote too early, there always seems to be more pictures after i vote ....i will leave it until nearer closing, this time

Margaret Pilkington 21-06-2006 15:09

Granny you can always change your vote if you see a pic that you like better.......there is a button that says 'clear my vote'...if you click on that it removes your vote and you can pick another picture that you like better.
I kind of hope you will vote for mine........:) I like to win...even when there is no prize at stake!

Margaret Pilkington 21-06-2006 17:37

So far there are only 7 entries and 4 of those are mine!

katex 21-06-2006 18:11

Welll, will have a 'bash' even though lousy photographer, but will enter into the spirit of the thing.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder though, isn't it ? and what memories it holds for yourself.

Did think about asking Garinda to pose in a toga or maybe take on 'The Thinker' pose, however, found his modelling rates per hour too expensive ;)

Margaret Pilkington 21-06-2006 19:08

Good on yer Kate....glad to see you are having a bash.

Mick 22-06-2006 05:15

Good one Katex we need more members to think like you and have a go
and your photo is a nice one .

grannyclaret 22-06-2006 22:11

Margaret you do some cracking pictures,,,

Mick 23-06-2006 05:09

Come on get them camera's out we need more photo's in comp 7 we only have 8 pics :)

Margaret Pilkington 23-06-2006 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret
Margaret you do some cracking pictures,,,

Thanks GC.......I do try.......and since the age of digital cameras it is a lot easier (my dear old dad would say it isn't 'proper' photography).

SPUGGIE J 23-06-2006 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
Come on get them camera's out we need more photo's in comp 7 we only have 8 pics :)

I burnt my pics on to a disc and "mislayed" it. :( will have to see what I have left on the comp in the hope of finding one that would be good enough to enter.

Margaret Pilkington 23-06-2006 20:19

Oh Spuggie......post a pic anyway...whatever you have....so far there are only 11 entries......that is POOR by anyones standards.

talentedbutslow 24-06-2006 09:38

PSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT............put my 4 in..........I,m a good boy I am.......:D

Margaret Pilkington 24-06-2006 12:10

Thanks H.R. for the Karma...and thanks to everyone else who voted for my pic. It was a close run thing and a pretty tough call because all the pics were excellent!

Col.Kurtz 24-06-2006 14:39

Some great photos up (keep them coming), worst thing about winning a comp is it wouldn't be fair to enter the one you set...I'm itching to post a couple.

...and hoping your choice of subject get's a decent number of entries :o