Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Photo Competition 8 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/photo-competition-8-a-22645.html)

Margaret Pilkington 04-07-2006 13:37

Re: Photo Competition 8

I tend not to take stuff that I don't find attractive.....my excuses for my efforts in this comp......well the tinplate house was being renovated and I helped to take it apart (it is beautiful now it has been completed)...the farmcart has a kind of 'down-at heel' shabbiness to it...the rocking horse...well that was a moment of mental aberration...for which I apologise! :)

katex 04-07-2006 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I tend not to take stuff that I don't find attractive.....my excuses for my efforts in this comp...... :)

I think this is what is proving the problem Margaret, most people tend to take what is beautiful on their travels, to show their friends what a lovely place they have been too.

I was tempted, but didn't take pictures of all the graffiti in Rome (disgusting place) .. at least thought I had, but musn't have come out.

We all grumble about sights in our town, but when asked very difficult to find something that fits the bill, isn't it ?

I wasn't meaning all the larger constructions, by the way, perhaps you have a neighbour who has a particularly ugly garden Gnome. One of my neighbours has this sort of animal sheep thing in the front garden which I think is a little knaff and ugly.

Speed cameras are ugly,but could make a good picture .. tee hee.

Ok I'm sinking. :(

Margaret Pilkington 04-07-2006 17:53

well, I've posted my pics...just waiting now to see what other folk make of the topic.

Mick 05-07-2006 06:42

Come on people we only have 4 photo's upto now we need a LOT more so get uploading......:)

SPUGGIE J 05-07-2006 20:09

Cheers this one has made my day. Hard clicking for the w/e now. :D

Margaret Pilkington 05-07-2006 20:27

We really need some more pictures to make this a viable competition.......surely there must be some of you out there who have pictures of things that you think are a sight for sore eyes.

K.S.H 06-07-2006 17:02

I'll be putting some on ever the weekend, sure I got a few to go with this category somewhere.

WillowTheWhisp 06-07-2006 17:50

There must be some blots on the landscape round here if only I could remember where I've seen them.

SPUGGIE J 07-07-2006 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
There must be some blots on the landscape round here if only I could remember where I've seen them.

Try the council chamber. :D

SPUGGIE J 07-07-2006 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Try the council chamber. :D

Oops sorry thats clots not blots. :(

Margaret Pilkington 07-07-2006 20:40

Still only 9 pics in this competition........:(

SPUGGIE J 08-07-2006 10:32

Still planning an expedition but the weather is ganging up on me. :(

K.S.H 08-07-2006 19:07

Well i'm struggling finding something for this one, if I don't like the look of something I won't take a photo of it :)

On the other hand if I have taken a photo of something and there is a "blot on the landscape" spoiling the picture I will have cloned it out and not saved the original :mad:

Anyway, I had a walk down the Dunkenhalgh a couple of week ago - (1st time in about 20 year I think - couldn't believe how much that place has changed) and got a few pictures from there that I have put on

talentedbutslow 08-07-2006 20:02

HMMMMMMM..........not many votes in there..........:(

Margaret Pilkington 08-07-2006 20:08

Not too many pics either!