Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Photo Competition 8 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/photo-competition-8-a-22645.html)

K.S.H 30-06-2006 20:58

Photo Competition 8

Congratulations to Katex on winning Comp 7.

Click here to enter/view Competition

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only
During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.
After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.

Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person

The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition ( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)

In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner

4 entrys are allowed per person
Any more than this will be removed, your 1st 4 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed

All images must be your own work, scanned, digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, please dont use images off the web or from mags as we dont want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images. You will retain copyright of all your images.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed

Theme chosen by Katex - photo 7 comp winner is
BLOT ON THE LANDSCAPE

.................................................. ..................................................
We now have some small prizes to be awarded, we won't be giving one away for every competition so what we will do is:-
Give 1 away for every 6 competitions, this will mean a prize will be given approx every 12 week.
I will put he 6 winning images into a thread with a poll on so people can vote for the one they like, it will run for 5 days then the poll will close, Mick is holding the prizes and will contact the winner with details of how they can collect it.
I will not be able to enter as I run the comp neither will any of the Accy moderators, this doesn't stop us entering the fortnightly comp - it just means if we happened to win one our entry wouldn't go into the prize draw, we would in that case enter the runner up from the week we won.
Prize you could win by entering this competition is a Mini tripod

Attachment 6299

.................................................. ..................................................

Closing date for this competition is 24:00 on the 12th of July and voting will be allowed up to 22:00 on the 14th of July

For those who are not too sure about how to upload their pics
1. Click Here
2. Select the latest competition
3. Press the "upload photos" button (top right of page)
4. Make sure latest competition is in the drop down list
5. Press the "Browse" button and select your image
6. Enter a title and description if required
7. Press "Upoad/submit" near the bottom of the page

Good luck

Margaret Pilkington 30-06-2006 21:04

Re: Photo Competition 8

Well done Katex.......see, I told you it was a nice pic!

Mick 30-06-2006 21:09

Well done Katex nice photo

garinda 30-06-2006 22:06

Congratulations Kate.:) xxxx

junetta 30-06-2006 22:18

Well done Kate xx

A nice pic and a good idea.

grannyclaret 30-06-2006 22:43

Well done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tinkerbelle 30-06-2006 23:24

Well done Kate, it was a lovely picture :)

Mick 01-07-2006 10:45

The new Theme chosen by Katex is "BLOT ON THE LANDSCAPE" anything that looks ugly or out of place Buildings,statues,in your own town or anywhere you like GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

katex 01-07-2006 10:56

Hope this is Ok and your judgement of a photograph is not clouded by the issue over a piece of architecture or gargoyle, etc.

Have had some beautiful photographs in the competitions and thought could turn to the flip side of ugly .. however, some photographs of what you consider ugly can be artistic and beautiful in their own way, don't you think ? :confused:

Margaret Pilkington 01-07-2006 13:15

Well, I have submitted my four efforts.......I did struggle to fulfil the criteria......I hope my pics meet with your approval Katex......subject wise I mean!

katex 01-07-2006 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Well, I have submitted my four efforts.......I did struggle to fulfil the criteria......I hope my pics meet with your approval Katex......subject wise I mean!

Oh yes, Margaret, just what I had in mind, even though the subjects are not pleasant sites, does make interesting photography, doesn't it ? More to talk about with these.

Thanks for understanding what I meant, big responsibility this winning. :rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 01-07-2006 14:22

Yes....and you did very well...tried to give you some Karma to celebrate, but I have to 'spread it around' a bit before I can give you some more.

garinda 01-07-2006 23:13

Great subject Kate.

Off to root in the box under the bed again and see what I can scan.

junetta 03-07-2006 22:45

Come on you lot. We can't disappoint Kate by not entering anything into her competition.

When I get myself motivated, probably tomorrow, I'm planning on walking up a couple of hundred steps, in the Tenerife heat, to photograph what I think is a 'blot'!

Hopefully, I will survive!

Madhatter 04-07-2006 02:13

I think they're great photos so far, that cart made me laugh MP. I'm going to struggle to find any again this time, it's just to perfect here.

Margaret Pilkington 04-07-2006 13:37

I tend not to take stuff that I don't find attractive.....my excuses for my efforts in this comp......well the tinplate house was being renovated and I helped to take it apart (it is beautiful now it has been completed)...the farmcart has a kind of 'down-at heel' shabbiness to it...the rocking horse...well that was a moment of mental aberration...for which I apologise! :)

katex 04-07-2006 17:51

Quote:

I tend not to take stuff that I don't find attractive.....my excuses for my efforts in this comp...... :)

I think this is what is proving the problem Margaret, most people tend to take what is beautiful on their travels, to show their friends what a lovely place they have been too.

I was tempted, but didn't take pictures of all the graffiti in Rome (disgusting place) .. at least thought I had, but musn't have come out.

We all grumble about sights in our town, but when asked very difficult to find something that fits the bill, isn't it ?

I wasn't meaning all the larger constructions, by the way, perhaps you have a neighbour who has a particularly ugly garden Gnome. One of my neighbours has this sort of animal sheep thing in the front garden which I think is a little knaff and ugly.

Speed cameras are ugly,but could make a good picture .. tee hee.

Ok I'm sinking. :(

Margaret Pilkington 04-07-2006 17:53

well, I've posted my pics...just waiting now to see what other folk make of the topic.

Mick 05-07-2006 06:42

Come on people we only have 4 photo's upto now we need a LOT more so get uploading......:)

SPUGGIE J 05-07-2006 20:09

Cheers this one has made my day. Hard clicking for the w/e now. :D

Margaret Pilkington 05-07-2006 20:27

We really need some more pictures to make this a viable competition.......surely there must be some of you out there who have pictures of things that you think are a sight for sore eyes.

K.S.H 06-07-2006 17:02

I'll be putting some on ever the weekend, sure I got a few to go with this category somewhere.

WillowTheWhisp 06-07-2006 17:50

There must be some blots on the landscape round here if only I could remember where I've seen them.

SPUGGIE J 07-07-2006 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
There must be some blots on the landscape round here if only I could remember where I've seen them.

Try the council chamber. :D

SPUGGIE J 07-07-2006 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Try the council chamber. :D

Oops sorry thats clots not blots. :(

Margaret Pilkington 07-07-2006 20:40

Still only 9 pics in this competition........:(

SPUGGIE J 08-07-2006 10:32

Still planning an expedition but the weather is ganging up on me. :(

K.S.H 08-07-2006 19:07

Well i'm struggling finding something for this one, if I don't like the look of something I won't take a photo of it :)

On the other hand if I have taken a photo of something and there is a "blot on the landscape" spoiling the picture I will have cloned it out and not saved the original :mad:

Anyway, I had a walk down the Dunkenhalgh a couple of week ago - (1st time in about 20 year I think - couldn't believe how much that place has changed) and got a few pictures from there that I have put on

talentedbutslow 08-07-2006 20:02

HMMMMMMM..........not many votes in there..........:(

Margaret Pilkington 08-07-2006 20:08

Not too many pics either!

Mick 13-07-2006 08:08

Come on members PLEASE VOTE in THE COMP there are prizes to be won !!!:eek:

katex 13-07-2006 09:48

Ah thanks everybody who responded to this theme .. thought we would have had enough to make up a portfolio to Peter Britcliffe by now ... tee hee.

The ones up there are brilliant and how can one choose? will have to later though.

grannyclaret 13-07-2006 10:08

Ive voted for Spuggie J,,,WOW

buttonsmum 13-07-2006 21:26

I've voted, it looks like it's going to be a close one between Spuggie J and Len.

garinda 13-07-2006 23:32

Voted.

Thanks Willow, I'll be having blue and white nightmares all night now!:D

Mick 14-07-2006 12:06

LAST DAY TO VOTE IN THIS COMP VOTING WILL CLOSE AT 10pm TONIGHT SO PLEASE GET YOUR VOTE IN THANKYOU

shillelagh 14-07-2006 19:53

I've voted. Didnt have any photos for this one - couldnt find one. But then last night i went over pickup bank and at the side of the road there was a whole pile of rubbish someone had dumped! Didnt have a camera though with me.

Margaret Pilkington 14-07-2006 19:56

Last time I looked there were only a couple more votes than pictures. It is a shame because it is obvious that members are looking at the pics.....it only takes a click to register a vote. So if you haven't voted yet, go to the gallery and vote for your favourite picture......PLEASE!

Margaret Pilkington 14-07-2006 19:59

21 pictures and only 21 votes.

katex 14-07-2006 20:07

Quote:

21 pictures and only 21 votes.

It's so easy, isn't it Margaret ?

Think there are some really interesting pictures there and makes you want to ask the story behind them, or the issue.

We have pollution, grafitti, contamination of rivers, not the prettiest of statues, fun ones with the horrific rocking horses, lobsters, even students spoiling your view. Think they all look very artistic too in their own way.

OK... that's me justifying choosing the title, but people have made the effort, so come on members. a right click will do it. ;)

Margaret Pilkington 14-07-2006 20:21

You are right Katex.......there are some very interesting and thought provoking pictures....and yes it is SO easy to cast a vote......so come on do it now!

Madhatter 14-07-2006 23:15

Didn't know it had finished, I had picture to go in but was waiting to get more. I've just voted though even though its gone 10.

Well done spuggiej A very nice blot indeed.

katex 14-07-2006 23:57

Congrats Spuggie ... now you have the responsibility of choosing the next topic.. :D x

Mick 15-07-2006 04:52

1 Attachment(s)
WELL DONE SPUGGIE J..........and the next subject is ???

mez 15-07-2006 08:10

congratulations spuggie well done ......batteries for camera now on charge:o

garinda 15-07-2006 08:23

Well done Spugs.:)

Bit gutted no one hated Willow's blue and white Broadway council building as much as me though.:D

harwood red 15-07-2006 09:08

well done spuggie, karma on its way!! Looking forward to the next subject :)

junetta 15-07-2006 11:40

Well done Spuggie!

talentedbutslow 15-07-2006 18:54

Well done Spuggie.............:wave8: :drink: :drink:

lettie 16-07-2006 08:03

Well done Spuggie...:D

grannyclaret 16-07-2006 23:51

See i do have good taste,,,,,,,WELL DONE,Spuggie j