Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Photo Competition 9 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/photo-competition-9-a-22889.html)

K.S.H 15-07-2006 12:26

Photo Competition 9

Congratulations to Spuggie J on winning Comp 8.

Click here to enter/view Competition

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only
During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.
After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.

Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person

The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition ( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)
Voting ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 36 hours to contact me with a theme (until 10am Sunday UK time) if I have not been contacted within this time the runner up will pick the theme.

In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner

4 entrys are allowed per person
Any more than this will be removed, your 1st 4 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed

All images must be your own work, scanned, digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, please dont use images off the web or from mags as we dont want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images. You will retain copyright of all your images.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed

Theme chosen by Spuggie J - photo 8 comp winner is
summer madnessAnything quirky at BBQ's days out festivals etc.

.................................................. ..................................................
We now have some small prizes to be awarded, we won't be giving one away for every competition so what we will do is:-
Give 1 away for every 6 competitions, this will mean a prize will be given approx every 12 week.
I will put he 6 winning images into a thread with a poll on so people can vote for the one they like, it will run for 5 days then the poll will close, Mick is holding the prizes and will contact the winner with details of how they can collect it.
I will not be able to enter as I run the comp neither will any of the Accy moderators, this doesn't stop us entering the fortnightly comp - it just means if we happened to win one our entry wouldn't go into the prize draw, we would in that case enter the runner up from the week we won.
Prize you could win by entering this competition is a Mini tripod

Attachment 6299

.................................................. ..................................................

Closing date for this competition is 24:00 on the 27th of July and voting will be allowed up to 22:00 on the 29th of July

For those who are not too sure about how to upload their pics
1. Click Here
2. Select the latest competition
3. Press the "upload photos" button (top right of page)
4. Make sure latest competition is in the drop down list
5. Press the "Browse" button and select your image
6. Enter a title and description if required
7. Press "Upoad/submit" near the bottom of the page

Good luck

Margaret Pilkington 15-07-2006 12:33

Re: Photo Competition 9

Well done Spuggie J....good shot!

junetta 16-07-2006 00:14

I keep checking as I have a free day tomorrow and would have loved to take my camera out. Well done Spuggie but please post the new subject soon!

Madhatter 16-07-2006 13:48

I thought the new subject was 'waiting'

K.S.H 16-07-2006 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madhatter
I thought the new subject was 'waiting'

It could well be if we don't hear anything soon :)

katex 16-07-2006 17:15

:Banane39: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

SPUGGIE WAKE UP:D

shillelagh 16-07-2006 19:34

hes down here - dont know if he has access to a computer down here so if anyone sees him out and about tell him to come on accy web!

katex 16-07-2006 19:56

Yeh, thought he might be .. bet he's gone fishin. :D

K.S.H 16-07-2006 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh
hes down here - dont know if he has access to a computer down here

Well we can't wait forever so if we haven't heard anything by tomorrow night (17th) I will sort something out so we can get on with the competition.
I have just added to the rules:-

Voting ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 36 hours to contact me with a theme (until 10am Sunday UK time) if I have not been contacted within this time the runner up will pick the theme.

This should stop any long waiting times in the future competitions, if I remember I will also PM the runner up when the comp has finished to ask for a theme so I will have it ready if it is needed.

Len 17-07-2006 00:07

He’s most probably been away for the weekend while the weather is like it is. hehe

Give me Sunshine

SPUGGIE J 17-07-2006 17:43

Yes I am away from home I am in ACCY!!!

SPUGGIE J 17-07-2006 17:44

LEts go with summer madness. Anything quirky at BBQ's days out festivals etc.

SPUGGIE J 17-07-2006 17:45

Sorry for the delay. :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

katex 17-07-2006 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Yes I am away from home I am in ACCY!!!

So !! cut the bull**it, what's the next topic :rolleyes:

Edit .. Ok just seen it . Great. Can't enter though .. no digital yet.

SPUGGIE J 17-07-2006 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex
So !! cut the bull**it, what's the next topic :rolleyes:

Edit .. Ok just seen it . Great. Can't enter though .. no digital yet.

Just get one then. :p

I have had a hard few days.