Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Photo Competiton Rules???? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/photo-competiton-rules-23544.html)

Len 16-07-2006 23:35

Photo Competiton Rules????

I hope nobody minds but I have taken the liberty of moving all the debate posts about the competitions rules and put them in this one because I thought it was unfair of us to discuss the topic under the nose of one of our competition winners, especialy as it could easily have been anyone of us. I hope you understand.

I have also edited and removed some of the posts that are/where part of this debate as to not cause any awkwardness amongst our winners. After all this topic needs sorting.

I would have much rather deleted this thread and started the debate again but I’m sure someone somewhere would have something to say about me doing that.

If anyone’s not happy with what I have done, then use the report button because we can soon put the original thread back.
Any questions about fine tuning this thread then please send me a pm.

Finally, no members have asked me to do this; I’ve done it on my own bat with the backing from the other mods.

Cheers

Madhatter 11-08-2006 22:57

Re: Photo Competition 10

Congrats to ***** 18 yr old grandaughter for winning.

junetta 12-08-2006 20:16

I agree, Madhatter, congratulations to ***** grandaughter. It did deserve to win but.................

Too late to moan now, even though I did pm K.S.H at one point, but never had a reply. The first rule is that 'It has to be all your own work'.

How can it be your own work if you are in the pic? **** did state that her grandaughter took it but then it should have been her entry and not *****'s.

I take time over this but wonder if it's worth it.

K.S.H 12-08-2006 20:33

I didn't get one of you junetta, I would have replied if I had, I have had quite a few off madhatter stating the same thing and says he's not entering anymore comps cause of it.
Fair enough she didn't press the shutter button herself but it wasn't david bailey either was it :rolleyes:
Who is to say that I press the shutter on mine, could be my Mrs sister brother or uncle couldn't it, same goes for anyone else.
Its only a small competition and started off just for the fun of it then we started with a small gift once every 6 week, I could understand if there was a prize to Australia for the winner.
I'm not gonna change anything, as far as I am concerned it doesn't matter but please remember, me and possibly you are liable to get this sort of thing if you don't press the shutter button yourself

Is it the mini tripod your frightened of not winning madhatter? let me know if it is i'll buy you one.

junetta 12-08-2006 23:49

You are being a little unfair here KSH. Before each competition you state the rules. The main one being 'All your own work'.

I'm not knocking ******, at least she was honest, but my main moan is that you aren't.

In any competition folk have to follow the guidelines. It doesn't matter whether we are 'David Bailey's' or not, we have entered and trust our photos are voted on for their own merit and trusted to be our own work. What is the point of making rules if they aren't going to be enforced?

I seem to remember in one of the first competitions that a couple were chucked out because they weren't deemed applicable.

Your worst crime as far as I'm concerned is to put Madhatter's private messages on a public forum. That is really bad.

I look forward to your reply..........

Len 13-08-2006 09:16

I’m as bad as everyone else because I had added a photo to the competition #11 and it wasn’t taken by me but by my girlfriend, anyways I’ve removed it now as it is cheating.

:)

K.S.H 13-08-2006 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by junetta
You are being a little unfair here KSH. Before each competition you state the rules. The main one being 'All your own work'.

I'm not knocking ******, at least she was honest, but my main moan is that you aren't.

In any competition folk have to follow the guidelines. It doesn't matter whether we are 'David Bailey's' or not, we have entered and trust our photos are voted on for their own merit and trusted to be our own work. What is the point of making rules if they aren't going to be enforced?

I seem to remember in one of the first competitions that a couple were chucked out because they weren't deemed applicable.

Your worst crime as far as I'm concerned is to put Madhatter's private messages on a public forum. That is really bad.

I look forward to your reply..........

I don't think i'm being unfair at all, if I was to be really picky then yes it should have been removed, there again how many more would have to be removed in this or previous competitions?
How do you know I took my photo's? my wife might have taken some of them I uploaded - she didn't though cause she won't use the 9500.
theres not that many being uploaded anyway and as I said its only fun, we're not giving away big prizes so can't see what all the fuss is about.
Like I said I aint changing anything, I put hatters post on here so people can read it cause this is where it should have been in the 1st place, that's what the forum is for, anything to say about this comp then put it here - even if its having a go at me.

katex 13-08-2006 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H
Like I said I aint changing anything, I put hatters post on here so people can read it cause this is where it should have been in the 1st place, that's what the forum is for, anything to say about this comp then put it here - even if its having a go at me.

Feel you were a little naughty here K.S.H. a p.m. is meant to be as headed 'private message' and not for the eyes of the other members and guests to see. Would feel a little nervous now at any I may send.

As to ******'s photograph, I looked at this as a joint effort with her Grandaughter, she being the subject (everything was said in that hand to the forehead, wasn't it ? :D .. brilliant ) and presume she had a large contribution in getting her to stand in the correct place, etc., and just a matter of pressing the button.

I did, actually, vote for Madhatter's photograph .. the one harvesting at night, very dramatic and interesting. So don't give up Madhatter.

K.S.H 13-08-2006 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex
Feel you were a little naughty here K.S.H. a p.m. is meant to be as headed 'private message' and not for the eyes of the other members and guests to see.

Fair point, sorry, that bit been removed

Len 13-08-2006 12:44

As k.S.H says, it is better if everyone who has any queries about the comp to ask in the forums rather than by pm as it would give everyone else the chance to see what’s concerning others and perhaps do something about it.

The competitions are ours; I don’t mean K.S.H’s I don’t mean Len’s or micks. I mean everyone’s, everyone that is, who takes part by adding their photos. Between us all we can customize the rules to whatever we want. If everybody wants strict rules then so be it, it’s up to everyone to decide. I personally am not bothered if my pics don’t get votes or not, at least it gives me the chance to dig out some old photos, photos that haven’t seen the light of day for years and show them. It’s all for fun really

Nobody has done this before (running competitions) and we are learning, hopefully as time goes on we’ll get better. To be honest, I don’t think we’ve done to badly between us all.

SPUGGIE J 13-08-2006 16:12

Got to go with Len on the rules here. As with everything they will develop and evolve as we go but to start bickering takes some sorry a lot of the fun from it. To me if you submit a pic its yours thus eligable hell I have some of my daughters on my machine and I dont think she would mind me "borrowing" one for a little compitition.

Margaret Pilkington 13-08-2006 16:30

It is, after all just a fun thing....now if it were for thousands of pounds I could see the argument........anyway we need more pics and more votes in this competition.....not more bickering and nit picking.

junetta 13-08-2006 16:58

I'm not bickering nor am I nit picking. I didn't have a problem with the photo which won, and as far as winning a prize, that doesn't even enter into it.

You say that it's all for fun, yes, I agree with that too but............you made the rules and as far as I can see they should be adhered to. Some people take it seriously enough to go out and take photos especially for the competition.....as ***** probably did, but............and, I hate to keep repeating it.........rule number one..........'all your own work'.

K.S.H 13-08-2006 17:09

So, if I get all my camera equipment out, set up the backdrop, lighting, put any props into place, set the aperture/focus/exposure on the camera, comb my own hair the sit in front of the camera and get my Grandson to press the shutter button is it his work?

Len 13-08-2006 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by junetta
I hate to keep repeating it.........rule number one..........'all your own work'.

"All your own work".... Maybe we need to widen that a little to include family members??

What say?