Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Moorhead Queens Building (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/moorhead-queens-building-31827.html)

ChrisMG 01-07-2007 15:56

Moorhead Queens Building

7 Attachment(s)
Just before it disappeared! I remember mushrooms growing on the ceiling in english in 1980!

WillowTheWhisp 01-07-2007 16:17

Re: Moorhead Queens Building

Oh crikey now I do feel old! I remember that being built :D

shakermaker 01-07-2007 16:22

Is it totally gone now then? Haven't been up that way for a while.
I'd be glad if it is gone. I've never seen such a disgusting building in my life!

The Green Lantern 01-07-2007 16:24

lots of memories for me in that building :)

lindsay ormerod 01-07-2007 16:31

Me too, it seemed huge to me on my first day there; thought I would never fiind my way around. I thought the hall and the gym were massive !

notts 01-07-2007 16:52

realy sad to see queens building demolished

Wynonie Harris 01-07-2007 17:10

ANOTHER school I've been to demolished! And, unlike the old place on Blackburn Road, this one was less than 40 years old!

shakermaker 01-07-2007 17:27

But the school hasn't been demolished... it moved next door into a new building.

The new building is so much better.
Even if it does look like a prison inside.

How long will it take the Moorhead nutters to burn this one down? :D

WillowTheWhisp 01-07-2007 17:42

Half of that 'new' building was there long before the Queens Building was ever thought of. I used to go to it then, when the Grammar School was on Blackburn Rd. When the Queens Building was first opened it was as the new Grammar School. Our church rented rooms there once when there were too many of us to fit into the chapel at Blackburn so the Accy folks we were homeless. We rented the Cromwell building too at one time - and the Masonic Lodge in Ossy.

The Green Lantern 01-07-2007 18:51

I drove past another old school of mine, last year to find out that it had been demolished. St Annes on Cobham Road! Damn Shame...Sorry to get off the topic but what's there instead nowadays?

shakermaker 01-07-2007 19:10

St Annes & St Josephs Primary is round the corner at the top of Sandy Lane - I went there :D

The space next to St Annes Church which is where the school was is just used for church events these days as far as I'm aware.

SPUGGIE J 02-07-2007 12:39

Have some fond and not so fond memories of there. Dont know if I am glad to see it go or not.

kash 03-07-2007 14:39

Can't remember who, but a teacher told me that when they built queens building they sort of messed up and that it either sank or tilt slightly year-by-year.

garinda 03-07-2007 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by kash (Post 443851)
Can't remember who, but a teacher told me that when they built queens building they sort of messed up and that it either sank or tilt slightly year-by-year.

Happy birthday for yesterday.

Hadn't seen you online for a while, hence no special thread.:o

Hope you had a good day.:)

kash 03-07-2007 14:45

Quote:

Happy birthday for yesterday.
thanks,
I was working yeaterday from 6pm til about midnight. but over the weekend i went out with friends. no longer a teenger:(
thank again