Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Competition 31 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/competition-31-a-36166.html)

Mick 13-01-2008 22:47

Competition 31

Comp : 31

Congratulations to keetah992000 on winning competition 30.

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only
During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.
After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.
Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person
The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition ( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)
UPLOADING ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 48 hours to VOTE (until 10pm Sunday UK time)
The winner then has 12 hours to PM Mick with the next THEME (PLEASE PM DO NOT POST THE NEW THEME ON SITE I COULD MISS IT PM ONLY PLEASE)
if I have not been contacted within this time Mick will pick the theme.
In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner
4 entries are allowed per person
Anymore than this will be removed, your 1st 4 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed
All images must be your own work, scanned, digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, please dont use images off the web or from mags as we dont want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images.
You will retain copyright of all your images.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed
THE NEXT THEME CHOSEN BY keetah992000 : is :
reflections ::
Reflections in metal, puddles,water, water drops mirrors ect
Closing date for this competition is 22:00pm on the Friday the 25th Jan and voting will be allowed up to 22:00pm on Sunday the 27th Jan 2008

Mick 14-01-2008 08:48

Re: Competition 31

The amount of entries we have been getting in the competitions has been dropping lately same with the voting
so i was just wondering if it was worth carrying on with them are you getting board with them should i end them ?
with the amount of members on the site i would expect a lot more to enter and vote
it only takes minutes to upload and seconds to vote.

entwisi 14-01-2008 09:34

I thought teh last one had a decent number of votes? Lisa had 6 to win it and IIRC there were 19 in total?

Katex is now on the case so thats another 4 entries :D

Mick 14-01-2008 09:55

Sorry but i dont think 19 votes out of over 11,000 members good

entwisi 14-01-2008 10:28

11K active users? Don't think so

How many distinct users over a week, thats a more realistic number.

Take from that all the Stanley boys and I reckon your talking more like maybe 100 users tops?

junetta 14-01-2008 12:42

I really enjoy the photo competition and would be sad to see it go. Although I agree that it would be nice to have more entries and voters, the ones who do use it seem happy enough.

After all, not everyone is interested in photograpy.

Margaret Pilkington 14-01-2008 13:16

I always vote and I always participate...please don't abandon this comp. I enjoy it and wish more people would take an interest in it.

Mick 14-01-2008 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 516715)
11K active users? Don't think so

How many distinct users over a week, thats a more realistic number.

Take from that all the Stanley boys and I reckon your talking more like maybe 100 users tops?

did i say active users NO, even so there are a lot more that could enter and vote
19 votes and uploads is perthetic.

K.S.H 14-01-2008 13:53

Maybe you could add some Mick :rolleyes:
We never see you entering, and don't give me the "I run it bit" I used to run it and entered my pics :D

Mick 14-01-2008 14:00

yes but you did not have access to the gallery so i will not enter then nobody can say i cheat.
i would like it to carry on and more members enter thats all i am saying one reason is i still have loads of prizes cluttering up the place:D

entwisi 14-01-2008 14:05

so start giving them out for each competition.

I think I speak for all that we know you wouldn't cheat. So start snapping and get posting. Likewise Len is into phtoography but never enters! COME ON LEN!!!! :D

K.S.H 14-01-2008 14:08

Len has entered them in the past

Mick 14-01-2008 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 516763)
so start giving them out for each competition.

I think I speak for all that we know you wouldn't cheat. So start snapping and get posting. Likewise Len is into phtoography but never enters! COME ON LEN!!!! :D

er as its me that has bought most of the prizes and have to pay postage i can not afford to post a prize every week :)
but i might save up so i can do that after the next prize vote in 2 months time:p
i will have to think about it

Len 14-01-2008 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 516763)

Likewise Len is into phtoography but never enters! COME ON LEN!!!! :D

Hey you!!... Don’t go bringing me into this.. :D I will and do take part providing I have something to enter. Fortunately I have something for this comp but sad to say there not very good but at least it will get the numbers up…...
So you can put that in your pipe and smoke it. :p

:)

Margaret Pilkington 14-01-2008 18:07

Len I have just had a look at your 'not very good' pictures in the gallery....what are you talking about???? They look pretty damn good to me.

This is the essence i think...people feel that their photo's are not good enough, when in actual fact what we, the members, are looking at is pleasant, aesthetic pictures rather than technical excellence.

I like looking at other peoples pictures....and I also like it when other people look at mine.