Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Can This Be True? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/can-this-be-true-42277.html)

Less 01-09-2008 16:14

Can This Be True?

2 Attachment(s)
I was walking home, the long way round, (or at least that's how it felt), when I saw this!
:confused:

Neil 01-09-2008 16:18

Re: Can This Be True?

Did it have a little wheel clamp on it?

Less 01-09-2008 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 625817)
Did it have a little wheel clamp on it?

Doh! It's a shopping trolley it doesn't need a wheel clamp to stop it going in a straight line.
:D

WillowTheWhisp 01-09-2008 17:01

:D I think some frustrated motorist stuck it on there after ripping it off his windscreen.

Mancie 01-09-2008 17:07

OK let me be the 1st poster to say "it's the PC brigade gone mad"
next thing you know they will be liable for the congestion charge :rolleyes:

derekgas 01-09-2008 17:10

If it wasnt at asda, then it should have been clamped, asda accrington are one of the only asda's with 'free' trolleys, others are a refundable pound when you chain it back up, you get the pound back, and the others dont have them scattered all over town!

MargaretR 01-09-2008 17:26

It wont be there long ---- it's METAL!!!!

derekgas 01-09-2008 17:27

Ooooh Margaret, ya cynic! :D

entwisi 01-09-2008 17:44

Posted via Mobile Device
The bottom of shopping trolleys make really good barbeque grills for oil drum barbies (apparantly!) :D

cherokee 02-09-2008 00:28

Our asda trolleys wont go any further than the line at the end of each exit. the wheels lock. Its about time .at least now the trolleys are where they should be instead of being left on the streets.

Mancie 02-09-2008 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 626078)
Our asda trolleys wont go any further than the line at the end of each exit. the wheels lock. Its about time .at least now the trolleys are where they should be instead of being left on the streets.

Are you not getting the trolleys mixed up with girls from Liverpool? it's an easy mistake to make.:)

accyman 02-09-2008 01:06

some lazy crap head took a trolly home with their shopping from accrington asda then let the trolly go down the street which ended up in the back of my car scratching it and leaving a small dent

cant comment on thestate of their back window but i settled the score

cherokee 02-09-2008 01:10

Thats one of the reasons our asda have introduced the wheel locking thing. to stop mindless folk taking them off site. they cause so much danger from like your situ accyman to being left by the side of the road and then kids playing in them .

Its a good idea and long over due IMO

Neil 02-09-2008 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 626085)
Thats one of the reasons our asda have introduced the wheel locking thing. to stop mindless folk taking them off site. they cause so much danger from like your situ accyman to being left by the side of the road and then kids playing in them .

Its a good idea and long over due IMO

All you need to do is lift them over the wheel locking thing. It is basically a magnet that activates the wheel lock. I doubt you will have to lift it more that a foot or so to stop the lock activating. Easy enough for a couple of kids to do so they can still play with a trolley.

entwisi 02-09-2008 06:21

Or just nick some lead off teh ASDA roof and wheel it across that, then you chop in the lead for the money for booze and fags.

No, I couldn't possibly think that teh above could happen with the little dears of Accy. :D