Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Do we need new rules in the photo competition (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/do-we-need-new-rules-in-the-photo-competition-42900.html)

Mick 28-09-2008 09:28

Do we need new rules in the photo competition

Well as someone has said the rules need changing.
do you think the fun photo competition rules are adequate or do they need tightening up ?

Less 28-09-2008 09:36

Re: Do we need new rules in the photo competition

No they are not adequate, a new rule should be added.

Anyone taking the rules and the competition too seriously will be taken outside and shot!

Come to think of it, that could be a rule added to the main rules as well!

http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1775.gif

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2008 09:39

Mick, this is, as you say a competition for fun....Ok there are some small prizes...but not so that you would cheat to win one.
I enter the competition in the spirit in which it was designed...for FUN.
Just because one member of the forum questions the validity of our motives for voting, I don't think it should be seen as a reason for making this FUN competition bogged down by rules.......the members who it enter it for FUN probably don't read the rules(though I know we should)....and I think a plethora of rules would take some of the FUN out of it and make it harder work to moderate....so I am going to vote for the NO option.

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2008 09:43

And this may be a bit of a thread wander her.....for which I apologise in advance.
I personally feel affronted that a member questions our motives for voting.
I vote for what I like....and it doesn't matter which member posted the pic....If I like it I will vote for it.

Less 28-09-2008 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 635679)
No they are not adequate, a new rule should be added.

Anyone taking the rules and the competition too seriously will be taken outside and shot!

Come to think of it, that could be a rule added to the main rules as well!

http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1775.gif

Sorry I acted in haste putting that proposal on as I don't want to be shot for taking the comp' seriously please ignore it and may I propose the following rules:-

1) no photo's to be uploaded to the photo competition.
2) no body to vote on the none existent photos.
2a] any member that uses honesty and integrity, will be barred from future competitions,
ALL VOTES MUST BE SEEN TO BE RIGGED.
3) no closing date to not upload to competition.
3a] everyone not uploading can choose a prize.
4)no voting until uploads have finished, (see rule 1).
5) all members that either, did not upload or vote can pick a prize.
6] In the event of a tie Jambutty WILL be the winner.
7) jambutty WILL win ALL competitions no matter what the theme.

Special Note
EVERY theme will be butty's or sandwiches.

http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-619.gif

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2008 10:02

The member who questioned the rules, now says that this was in an attempt to raise the profile of the competition.
I wish I could use a Jim Royle-ism...but someone tells me there is a rule about asterisk swearing on this forum :D

lancsdave 28-09-2008 10:05

I'm suprsied this poll has actually been started. Surely it's rigged ? ;)

derekgas 28-09-2008 10:12

There is no surprise to me that Mick has started this poll, he has done it because he cares for accyweb and most of its members, what I am surprised at, is that certain people would continually stoop low enough to question everything and everbody on this forum, I like most accywebbers take the generalisation and accusations personally, I am quite sure that the mods feel very unnapreciated at times because of certain people, and they actually do a stirling job, it is time they were left alone to do it, without continual criticism from members of the forum, if some people arnt happy, go elsewhere! I for one am very happy with accyweb and the superb way in which the mods run it.

flashy 28-09-2008 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 635693)
I'm suprsied this poll has actually been started. Surely it's rigged ? ;)

or maybe we all 'fell into the trap' that was set for us? ;)

derekgas 28-09-2008 11:11

I am confused now! How come there are currently 10 votes for not changing the rules, and none in favour?? Is it possible somebody has missed this vote? Surely there should be ONE vote for changing the rules?

Less 28-09-2008 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 635725)
I am confused now! How come there are currently 10 votes for not changing the rules, and none in favour?? Is it possible somebody has missed this vote? Surely there should be ONE vote for changing the rules?

He's spent the whole morning watching the other thread he's corrupting, don't worry he will get to this post and no doubt report mick to himself for starting the poll.

By the way, if anyone would like me to report someones posts please p.m. me, I like the idea of phising for action, (only kidding Butt, I don't think there are any other members that would stoop as low as you!).
http://planetsmilies.net/kaos-animal...miley-6070.gif
Gone phising, da doo da doo da doo.

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2008 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 635707)
or maybe we all 'fell into the trap' that was set for us? ;)

I don't think there was any element of 'trap'(maybe it was a miss-spelling and should have begun with another letter) about it...I think it was only portrayed as such to back pedal......Jam butty never ever seems to be happy with anything(or very little anyway) and to say it was to raise the profile of the competition...well, it was a very negative way of doing it.

jambutty 28-09-2008 13:27

Does anyone play Snakes and Ladders for fun?

Does anyone play card games for fun?

Does anyone play Monopoly for fun?

They all have rules of play that have been laid down to prevent cheating.

So yes the photo competition rules do need tightening up to prevent them from being bent.

Voting is not open until after the posting the pictures has been closed and no changing your vote once it is cast.

Had this already been in place the other thread would not have existed and neither would this one.

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2008 13:30

Both threads only exist because you do.

BERNADETTE 28-09-2008 13:31

Not only are you complaining about the rules you are now trying to enforce your own version. Why not leaving the running of the site to the people entrusted with the job?