Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Competition 57 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/competition-57-a-44225.html)

Mick 30-11-2008 21:49

Competition 57

Comp : 57

Congratulations to Accylass28 on winning competition 56.

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only.

During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.

After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.

Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person.

The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition.
And to choose a prize from the list in the Gallery .

( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)

UPLOADING ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 48 hours to VOTE (until 10pm Sunday UK time)

The winner then has 12 hours to PM Mick with the next THEME (PLEASE PM DO NOT POST THE NEW THEME ON SITE I COULD MISS IT PM ONLY PLEASE)

if I have not been contacted within this time Mick will pick the theme.

In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner.

6 entries are allowed per person.
Anymore than this will be removed, your 1st 6 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed.

All images must be your own work,Or close family.

Scanned,(from your own photos) digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, (please dont use images off the web or from mags or from postcards as we dont want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images).
You will retain copyright of all your images.
No photo's to be removed from the photo competition by any member exept mods or admin

Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed.

THE NEXT THEME CHOSEN BY Accylass28 : is :

Oddly shaped fruit and veg :confused:

Closing date for this competition is 22:00pm on the Friday the 12th Dec
and voting will be allowed up to 22:00pm on Sunday the 14th Dec 2008

Mick 30-11-2008 22:15

Re: Competition 57

Ok Pm sent just waiting for the next theme to set the competition up:confused::D

Mick 10-12-2008 10:06

Well is it a waist of my time running these competitions ?:rolleyes:
uploads close on Friday at 10pm and there is only 1 photo in:eek:
if you cant find a veg carve one or use your imagination but if this is the response then i think its time the competitions came to an end :o

Neil 10-12-2008 10:10

I think it was a bit of a strange theme Mick.

Neil 10-12-2008 10:11

It is a cool picture though

garinda 10-12-2008 10:39

I don't have any photographs that fit the theme.:(

As I can no longer peel a spud, I think the chances of me carving one to look like Mickey Mouse sporting a giant phallus, are slim.:D

I think it would be a shame if the competition ended.

It's only a short while ago that there were lots of entries.

Mick 10-12-2008 10:44

The idea of the competition was to get people out and about and using there imagination and camera not sat there thinking what have i got in my collection of photo's i have already got to use :p
but i do agree and said so at the start that its a hard theme

garinda 10-12-2008 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 658852)
The idea of the competition was to get people out and about and using there imagination and camera not sat there thinking what have i got in my collection of photo's i have already got to use :p

That's ok if you can.

It took me over an hour to get out and about out of bed this morning...and I've just checked my bag of frozen roast potatos, and two onions in the cupboard, and they didn't look at all amusing.:D

Gayle 10-12-2008 10:49

May be it's the way you arrange them that could make them interesting ;)

Anyway, i've put a pic in - so at least it's a two horse race now :D

garinda 10-12-2008 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 658855)
May be it's the way you arrange them that could make them interesting ;)

Anyway, i've put a pic in - so at least it's a two horse race now :D

Ok. I'll try and think more creatively.:D

AccyLass 10-12-2008 16:34

Yes, I do apologise about the theme
And told Mick so in person, I only realised after I chose it, that we no longer get odd shaped fruit and veg in England lol

pipinfort 10-12-2008 16:47

Not the old `odd shaped veg` theme..............Thats Life went off the air years ago.......;)

katex 10-12-2008 17:43

Sorry Mick, have been trying to make an effort. Spent some time round the fruit and veg aisles in Asda last Thursday examining all their produce. Was getting funny sideway looks I can tell ya'. Perhaps should go to Clayton Co-op LOL. Actually did, but they were all perfect Accylass.;) :D

The kevolution 10-12-2008 18:30

This was a tough challenge, I only posted my pic after a search of the kitchen came up bare. Kept my eyes open all week looking for something else but nowt.

But please, keep the comp rolling...

katex 10-12-2008 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by The kevolution (Post 658944)
This was a tough challenge, I only posted my pic after a search of the kitchen came up bare. Kept my eyes open all week looking for something else but nowt.

But please, keep the comp rolling...

Was brilliant Kevolution.

OK .. have done one, but had to be really quick as they were needed for me tea .. :D