Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Photo Competition 67 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/photo-competition-67-a-46721.html)

Mick 05-04-2009 20:14

Photo Competition 67

Comp : 67

Congratulations to KATEX on winning competition 66.

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only.

During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.

After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.

Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person.

The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition.
And to choose a prize from the list in the Gallery .

( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)

UPLOADING ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 48 hours to VOTE (until 10pm Sunday UK time)

The winner then has 12 hours to PM Mick with the next THEME (PLEASE PM DO NOT POST THE NEW THEME ON SITE I COULD MISS IT PM ONLY PLEASE)

if I have not been contacted within this time Mick will pick the theme.

In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner.

6 entries are allowed per person.
Anymore than this will be removed, your 1st 6 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed.

All images must be your own work,Or close family.

Scanned,(from your own photos) digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, (please don't use images off the web or from mags or from postcards as we don't want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images).
You will retain copyright of all your images.
No photo's to be removed from the photo competition by any member except mods or admin

Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed.

THE NEXT THEME CHOSEN BY : KATEX is :

'Party Fever'.

Functions, get together with friends,

Closing date for this competition is 22:00pm on the Friday the 17th April 2009
and voting will be allowed up to 22:00pm on Sunday the 19th April 2009

http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ry.php/cat/855

Mick 05-04-2009 20:28

Re: Photo Competition 67

Yet again it has been noted that the number of entries and the number of votes in these competitions is falling

If your fed up with them and want them stopping that's fine less work for me
i don't mind which way but its getting to a point its not worth running.
if you want better prizes then please donate them or if you can think of another competition we can run please pm me and i will see if it can be sorted .
but as it stands its getting near the point of stopping the photo competitions.
sorry
If the voting and entries have not improved by competition 70 then i think its best to end it
although i did and do enjoy them
And by the way its not just me that is thinking this way as i have had a couple of PM's about it too:o

katex 06-04-2009 09:09

Would be a shame that Mick, love looking at other people's photos. Why should anyone P.M. you to complain ? Not offending are they ?

Hope the more 'professionals' aren't put off by not winning, even though we know are better technically 'cause us amateurs do learn quite a bit from their photos and gives us a quality to aim for.

Anyway, going to put a couple up now in the new one .. just fun ones though. :D

Mick 06-04-2009 09:24

They were not complaining just pointing out the drop in uploads and votes
i cant afford to get better prizes if that's the problem my brother has bought a lot of the prizes like the flash drives but he cant keep it up and nobody seams to want to donate anything so unless i get some prizes it will come to an end anyway

K.S.H 06-04-2009 09:32

You got to realise though that not every theme will be of interest to everyone.
I haven't had my camera out properly for around 18 month for reasons I won't go into so I am relying on using photos that I already have on the PC.
Themes are also getting harder to choose, remember me last time :D got refused a few because they had already been used, why cant they be run again?? take the 1st ever comp - red was the theme, why shouldn't we be able to do it again but state that any photos used in the previous one can't be used again. Sure many people are struggling to find/think of new themes

Edit - doesn't bother me if there is a prize or not, just do it for the fun of it

AccyLass 06-04-2009 09:39

I don't want the comps too stop... really enjoy seeing the pictures... and entering them... when I can think of something to put in them:D

And it is just for fun... so am certain the prizes don't matter... as nice as you are to give them out:) Am sure people don't do it just to win somet

Have uploaded one... will sort some more out

katex 06-04-2009 09:40

May I just say, yours are smashing K.S.H.

Agree though, don't think anyone is too fussed about a prize, although a lovely little touch. Didn't have them early on did we Mick ?

Mick 06-04-2009 09:44

not for the first few until i got some donations from some friends of mine on the market
i still have a lot of stuff yet so no problems just that they are only small stuff which i though would be best as i have had to post some of them and postage comes out of my pocket which i might add i don't mind in the least i will do anything to help accyweb and its members if i can.

but if i got a donation of something big like a flat screen monitor and someone abroad won it would cost me a fortune if they picked it as a prize.

yes i am beginning to think the prizes don't matter as i still have 2 here yet that have not been picked up
or arrangements made to get them:mad:
but i like giving these prizes out that members have donated i also get to meet members that don't go to the meets which i love doing:D
so the prizes will stay as long as i can just for my own satisfaction

just a thought if its the type of prizes thats the problem then i think that can be sorted to some extent as i still know a lot of market traders in other towns that used to stand accy market but have moved so i might be able to get prizes at a discount price if you have any suggestions for prizes up to say £10 let me know and i will see what i can get hold of but not promising anything

churchman phil 06-04-2009 15:42

Oops!! Sorry Mick - one will be mine. Been a tad busy of late and completely forgot. May have a couple of things to donate too. Will PM you later about collection / drop off.

katex 06-04-2009 16:55

1 Attachment(s)
I particularly enjoy your photos too Churchman Phil, would love to know how you do this type of photo (hope not copyright or owt ..:D):-

Attachment 13638

Do they have a name ?

Would make a great 'Special Competition' Mick.

MargaretR 06-04-2009 16:56

I chose a prize and then decided not to take it.
Not because the prize wasn't worth having, but because I haven't renewed my donation yet, and had a concience about taking without giving.
I will still enter when I can (with still life shots from a webcam:rolleyes:) because
It is Fun

churchman phil 06-04-2009 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 701284)
I particularly enjoy your photos too Churchman Phil, would love to know how you do this type of photo (hope not copyright or owt ..:D):-

Will PM you Kate :cool:

shillelagh 06-04-2009 17:28

1 Attachment(s)
Are accyweb meet pics acceptable?

Something like this one?:D:D:D

AccyLass 09-04-2009 08:41

Have just put another one on from yesterday:D

'erindoors 10-04-2009 14:10

I've put some in,