Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Competition 104 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/competition-104-a-54783.html)

Mick 05-09-2010 20:41

Competition 104

PLEASE READ THE RULES ON EACH COMPETITION AS THERE MIGHT BE SLIGHT CHANGES FOR A COMPETITION THANKYOU

Congratulations to Margaret on winning competition 103.
Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only.
During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.
After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.
Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person.
The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition.
And to choose a prize from the list in the Gallery .
( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)
UPLOADING ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 48 hours to VOTE (until 10pm Sunday UK time)
The winner then has 12 hours to PM Mick with the next THEME (PLEASE PM DO NOT POST THE NEW THEME ON SITE I COULD MISS IT PM ONLY PLEASE)
if I have not been contacted within this time Mick will pick the theme.
In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner.
6 entries are allowed per person.
Anymore than this will be removed, your 1st 6 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed.
All images must be your own work, Or close family.
Scanned,(from your own photos) digital, phone, video stills are all allowed,
(please don’t use images off the Internet or from magazines or from postcards as we don’t want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images).
You will retain copyright of all your images.
No photo's to be removed from the photo competition by any member except mods or admin
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed.
Winners of Competitions Must make arrangements to collect there prizes within 1 week or they will be forfeit and put back on as prizes(i have had to do this as a few winners have not contacted me to make arrangements to pick up there prize)

THE NEXT THEME CHOSEN BY : Margaret is :

an everyday scene or item
anything from a sandwich to a bus ticket.

Link

http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ry.php/cat/947

Closing date for this competition is 22:00pm on the Friday 17th Sep 2010
and voting will be allowed up to 22:00pm on Sunday the 19th Sep 2010
NOTE
It would help me if all members that have entered the competition are on line at the closing of the competition,
so i can set the next competition up quickly thank you .
I know its not all ways possible but if you can it would help

Mick 06-09-2010 05:36

Re: Competition 104

Just added some more books to the Prizes if you want any but don't enter the photo competitions they can be bought for £2 each just pm me and i can let you know more about a book you might be interested in.
if you want a book as a prize for winning the competition then you can have 2 books per prize

link to prizes
http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ry.php/cat/731

Margaret Pilkington 07-09-2010 11:17

I hope someone else is going to put some pics in soon.......I thought this was a very broad subject...something that everyone who has a camera could find something to put in......come on folks!

Mick 16-09-2010 08:09

Ok uploads will close for this competition tomorrow Friday the 17th Sept at 10pm ish
so if you want to enter please be getting your photo's in now thanks:camera8:

Margaret Pilkington 16-09-2010 12:29

I am really disappointed that there are not more entries to this comp.
I chose a broad subject to encourage folk to enter, but so far only 15 measly entries...and six of those are mine...poor, really poor.

flashy 16-09-2010 15:11

and 4 are mine

Margaret Pilkington 16-09-2010 15:13

Yes Flashy I know...damn poor show isn't it?

flashy 16-09-2010 15:16

indeed

shakermaker 16-09-2010 15:42

Tried to upload, unfortunately got the same error message as has happened before. Will try again before the closing time, though.

flashy 16-09-2010 16:09

the theme isn't hard, its basically ANYTHING, come on you lot, get those piccies in, it's not rocket science

Margaret Pilkington 16-09-2010 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 845453)
Tried to upload, unfortunately got the same error message as has happened before. Will try again before the closing time, though.

If you continue to have problems, I am pretty sure Mick will help you out.....he's a real good sort!

shakermaker 16-09-2010 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 845483)
If you continue to have problems, I am pretty sure Mick will help you out.....he's a real good sort!

Aye, I know he is, will try again though before burdening him (again)! :)

garinda 16-09-2010 17:08

I tried too.

Fatal error.

Story of my life.

:D

Will try again later.

Margaret Pilkington 16-09-2010 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 845500)
I tried too.

Fatal error.

Story of my life.

:D

Will try again later.

Contact Mick and he will help out.....it will be the only way if you are getting the dreaded Fatal Error message.

Mick 17-09-2010 21:04

Sorry about the problem Roy has been informed
but uploads are now closed for this competition
you now have till Sunday 10pm to vote thanks