Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2012, 08:13   #1
Senior Member+

Accyweb ramblers/photo club

Just a wild shot in the dark, but would anyone be interested in meeting up once a fortnight, during the day for a ramble/ photo day

I'm no pro, but like taking pics, as do lots of others on here, I have looked at the accy camera club but they meet on Friday nights, no good to me as I work
So was wondering if any like minded souls fancy a fortnightly meet and have a walk an capture some images, with the possibility of a different theme each meet, the walk could be based on the least able bodied member.

Even with the possibility of rounding it of with a bite to eat n a couple of pints!
Anyone up for it?

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2012, 08:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Accyweb ramblers/photo club

Although I am ruled out because I live away, I wish success to this idea. I think there are a few members of the Local History Soiciety who would come along if they knew of it, and some of them could contribute knowledge to make the walk interesting.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 15:20   #3

Hiya,

This sounds like a great idea, although I could only join in if a walk is arranged for a Wednesday as that is the only day I don't work.

In December I have a few weeks off so I could join in just about any day if there are some planned then.

Cheers

Dawn
Old 13-11-2012, 16:21   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnrodd View Post
Hiya,

This sounds like a great idea, although I could only join in if a walk is arranged for a Wednesday as that is the only day I don't work.

In December I have a few weeks off so I could join in just about any day if there are some planned then.

Cheers

Dawn
funnily enough, i reserve wednesdays for my walks (walking wednesday, i call it), so now winter is approaching only planning to go up the lakes once a fortnight, sleeping out in this takes me time to recover lol

so wednesdays could work for me, i suggest we let this thread run for Nov, and then decided if there is enough interest to sort something out for a wednesday in December?

Old 13-11-2012, 16:22   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Although I am ruled out because I live away, I wish success to this idea. I think there are a few members of the Local History Soiciety who would come along if they knew of it, and some of them could contribute knowledge to make the walk interesting.
bob if you have anyone in mind maybe you could give em a heads up for us?

Old 13-11-2012, 19:34   #6
Senior Member+

Send me a PM with your contact details on. (Phone,email address etc) I will make an announcement at the meeting, but it isn't until 6th December Meanwhile, I will send details to the committee. I hope that Katex will be well enough to take part in the first walk. A pal of mine is a big rambler, but I think he has to go with a club from Rawtenstall as there isn't one in Acc
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 19:41   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Send me a PM with your contact details on. (Phone,email address etc) I will make an announcement at the meeting, but it isn't until 6th December Meanwhile, I will send details to the committee. I hope that Katex will be well enough to take part in the first walk. A pal of mine is a big rambler, but I think he has to go with a club from Rawtenstall as there isn't one in Acc
pm sent bob

as i say, looking at something a little casual, for us photo/walker buffs

share info about the places, camera info/guidance, like minded people going for a walk basically
cheers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..