Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2012, 15:38   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Animal pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I don't know what I've done there!Will try again, could see it when I first posted it!

Kya winking at me
What a bonny dog!
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2012, 15:47   #32

Thank you
She's challenging though. Think her previous owners gave her zero training!She's much better than she was but still a work in progress
Old 26-09-2012, 17:49   #33
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Thank you She's challenging though.
She's a Husky isn't she & not a Malamute ? Definitely plenty of work & exercise, proper headstrong hounds.
Old 26-09-2012, 18:08   #34
Full Member+

Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 18:26   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
She's a Husky isn't she & not a Malamute ? Definitely plenty of work & exercise, proper headstrong hounds.
She's a Northern Inuit. She's VERY headstrong and does not behave at all like a dog, as in what you expect from a dog as a pet-I think this is down to her upbringing though.

She's VERY lazy. I take her on my runs and walks but she doesn't like to go. On my usual, everyday route she knows where we're going and stops and pulls back. I cannot let her off the lead until we're half way around the route, or she will keep going backwards until she's home, without me. I have had her to the vet to see if there is some medical reason she does not like long walks, but she's fine. She has never been walked before so I am putting it down to that.

She does need a lot of cognitive stimulation I've found, she's much better behaved when I spend time training her.
Old 26-09-2012, 19:26   #36
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

That's a new one on me, but looking at some info about the breed, they were originally a cross of of the major working dog breeds, so it's a good bet they follows the attitudes of their forebears.

Which normally means lots of running & loads of interaction, they need to be occupied or they tend to become very destructive due to boredom. Have fun Lass, she'll be keeping you on your toes.
Old 26-09-2012, 23:39   #37

Yes she's very demanding for attention and quite destructive. I can't help but think if she had had better owners, this could have been curbed though. She jumps up at the worktop looking for food, goes in the bin, knows how to open doors with handles (but not knobs something to do with lack of thumbs I think!) and generally sticks her nose in anything she can find.She also bolts as soon as the door is opened, a lot of the time which is quite dangerous for her and I have managed to train her to stay within the house if I am going somewhere without her, but only when I can keep her attention for long enough. Otherwise I have to be very dominating with her and literally sneak out of the door whilst I can!
I have been training her and you're right-she does seem happier and less boisterous when she's had her brain kept active.
Her hatred of exercise is weird though I agree-just learned behaviour is my only guess. She was a bit overweight but I've got it down.
She is weird in that, dogs I am used to are a loyal animal, eager to please-she isn't like this at all. She ignores your actions and desires and still does what she has in mind, and she doesn't obey, even though she knows what you want her to do-even after time.
Lots of people have commented on how different she is now and that I have done a very good job with her, but as I said, work in progress.
She has her good points. She's lovely natured, never aggressive unless in play, and she's not at all fussy with food. She's also protective. I can 'play fight' with a male friend and she will give her barks and warning growls, and she knows if somebody is being angry with me and kicks off.
A guy once accused me of breaking his car mirror ( I hadn't!) in a car park, I drove off and he came after me down the road. I stopped and got out of the car to see what he had to say and she was in the car going MENTAL barking at him because she knew he was being bad to me, dog's instinct I guess.
And she is beautiful.
Just not at all like any dog I've experienced before!

Last edited by Sunflower49; 26-09-2012 at 23:45.
Sunflower49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 23:46   #38

Quote:
...Her hatred of exercise is weird though I agree-just learned behaviour is my only guess...
Our little dog hides whenever we get the leads out - and these are two boys from the same litter, so they aren't treated any differently. The big one loves his walk, and goes mad at the sight of his lead...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 23:55   #39

Aww they are gorgeous!What breed are they?
Lol so I just have a lazy individual, do I?
Old 27-09-2012, 07:56   #40

Pouchon - poodle and bichon frise.

Yep - it's entirely possible you have a dog that just doesn't care for a walk - before we got these two, I would have assumed dog behaviour is stereotyped, and that any deviation is the result of prior ill treatment (or whatever). Mine are treated no differently but have hugely different likes and wants and personalities.

Old 27-09-2012, 09:51   #41

Am I being cruel by making her come with me do we think? Should I leave her lazing about in the house? Lol
Old 27-09-2012, 12:37   #42

Quote:
Am I being cruel by making her come with me...
Nope - quite the opposite...

Old 27-09-2012, 16:56   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Am I being cruel by making her come with me do we think? Should I leave her lazing about in the house? Lol
No. Dogs whatever size need exercise.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 21:56   #44
Senior Member+

This brown rat was a very big thing that came out and stared at me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brown rat (rattus norvegicus).jpg (495.5 KB, 13 views)
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 10:22   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Nope - quite the opposite...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
No. Dogs whatever size need exercise.
Thanks she does get excited still at the sight or her lead or when she thinks we're going out, it's just once she's out if she realises we're going for a long walk she decides to protest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
This brown rat was a very big thing that came out and stared at me!
lol where was that?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..