Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2012, 20:43   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Animal pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
Lol I began this thread to see nice pictures of animals and pets, not pictures of dead ones that are such because we drive cars!
Actually only the fox was hit by a car. The bird I think was the victim of a fox!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fox.jpg (272.6 KB, 13 views)
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2012, 03:43   #62

Okay, try not pictures of animals that are not alive at the time of the picture being taken (am fine with pictures of people's late pets and such).
Old 19-10-2012, 14:54   #63

Katy and I. Katy's a giant French Lop.
Old 19-10-2012, 17:48   #64
Senior Member+

Just one of Max
5.jpg
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 18:05   #65
Senior Member+

A deer I captured a few moons ago...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Deer hind.jpg (388.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Red Deer hind 2.jpg (353.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by kestrelx; 22-10-2012 at 18:08.
Old 22-10-2012, 21:46   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
A deer I captured a few moons ago...
Nice ones . Where was that? Every time I take my camera up the track past our house the deer never make an appearance.
Old 22-10-2012, 23:42   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Nice ones . Where was that? Every time I take my camera up the track past our house the deer never make an appearance.
Down in Richmond Park. They are not totally wild but roam freely round and you often come across them then they run away.

Where abouts are the deer where you are? They'll be much harder to photograph if they are totally wild.
Old 23-10-2012, 07:08   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Down in Richmond Park. They are not totally wild but roam freely round and you often come across them then they run away.

Where abouts are the deer where you are? They'll be much harder to photograph if they are totally wild.
If they are around we usually see the going from our house up the track (which is still Sandy Lane) going towards Higher Brox Farm).We have never seen more than three together. The only shots I have mamaged to get so far is of a white backside as they disappear
Old 23-10-2012, 09:10   #69
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Here you go, admittedly they were taken a few years ago while visiting Islay, we did the trip across the sounds of Islay to Jura & driving along the "Main" (only) road on Jura, there were Red Deer in abundance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hols Sept 06 053.jpg (109.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Hols Sept 06 063.jpg (181.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Hols Sept 06 067.jpg (208.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Hols Sept 06 072.jpg (179.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 23-10-2012, 09:22   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Here you go, admittedly they were taken a few years ago while visiting Islay, we did the trip across the sounds of Islay to Jura & driving along the "Main" (only) road on Jura, there were Red Deer in abundance.
Nice ones Dave, they didn't seem to bother about your car, especially the three together.
Old 23-10-2012, 09:32   #71
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Nice ones Dave, they didn't seem to bother about your car, especially the three together.
Absolutely not in the least, they're used to daft tourists taking pics, as to the last one, I even got out of the car to take the shot & the beast just ignored me. Think the only time they're really skittish is when it's cull time or they've got young present.
Old 23-10-2012, 11:29   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
If they are around we usually see the going from our house up the track (which is still Sandy Lane) going towards Higher Brox Farm).We have never seen more than three together. The only shots I have mamaged to get so far is of a white backside as they disappear
Is there a deer farm around? There are a lot of roads round there and that by-pass which cuts right across? Not sure if there would be many wild deer round there possibly escaped as I never saw deer in the area.

I found this thread posted by someone else who sighted one in Preistly Clough.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugh-47644.html
Old 23-10-2012, 11:54   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is there a deer farm around? There are a lot of roads round there and that by-pass which cuts right across? Not sure if there would be many wild deer round there possibly escaped as I never saw deer in the area.

I found this thread posted by someone else who sighted one in Preistly Clough.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugh-47644.html
There used to be a deer farm near to Baxenden Golf Course, but the deer were seen before that started.The deer farm seems to be closed now
Old 23-10-2012, 12:43   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
There used to be a deer farm near to Baxenden Golf Course, but the deer were seen before that started.The deer farm seems to be closed now
Wildlife has changed in Accy since 70's when the nearest grey squirrels were round Simonstone and always high up in the trees, now they are on the coppice. So probably wild roe deer have ventured to the area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fallow Deer.jpg (533.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by kestrelx; 23-10-2012 at 12:47.
Old 23-10-2012, 12:58   #75
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Wildlife has changed in Accy since 70's when the nearest grey squirrels were round Simonstone and always high up in the trees, now they are on the coppice. So probably wild roe deer have ventured to the area.
The pictures good but you're mixing your Deer up me old dear !

Think you'll find the beast shown is a Fallow Deer

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..