Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2004, 21:18   #46
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Come on lettie

Sparkologist, for making me nearly pee myself laughing. Here are some pics especially for you. Everyone else will think they are boring. There is a shot of Mer de Glace, taken from Le Lac Blanc in Aug 2002. The cloud was descending on us fast, and we were soon pretty much engulfed in it. There's a closer one of Mer de Glace, taken from Montenvers, and a shot of Aguille du Plan taken from Forbes Signal.... Enjoy!! Tried to give you karma, but as I have done so already, I have to spread it around a bit....... oooh er!!! Hope the pics will do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mer du glace.jpg (28.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Mer du glace 2.jpg (47.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg needle.jpg (38.8 KB, 29 views)

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2004, 21:23   #47

here ya go lettie..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tuc tuc 1.jpg (51.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg tuc tuc 2.jpg (72.5 KB, 41 views)

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:29   #48
mez
God Member

now we know why they are so friendly, lettie
Old 11-05-2004, 12:30   #49
Filthy / Gorgeous

I'd forgotten how small tuk tuks were, how on earth did you three manage to squeeze in there. You either used a shoe horn and some industrial strength lube, or you were sat on each other's knees...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 11-05-2004, 12:41   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
I'd forgotten how small tuk tuks were, how on earth did you three manage to squeeze in there. You either used a shoe horn and some industrial strength lube, or you were sat on each other's knees...
Oh dear....I did'nt realise the lads were that way inclined
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:42   #51
mez
God Member

oops now there another topic ha ha ha //
Old 11-05-2004, 12:42   #52
Roy
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Hehe - i couldn't believe we all got on it, it was a real sight!! Anyway, I've attached a photo I took last year of some real bangkok tuk tuks, should refresh a few memorys. I've a different opinion then you over the tuk tuk's, I loved them and thought they where the best way to travel... but that's me that drives land rovers down silly hills and the like!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0221.jpg (82.2 KB, 30 views)
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 20:11   #53
mez
God Member

still dont see how you can get three of you in there //
Old 11-05-2004, 20:20   #54

it was damn hard i can tell you!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 20:47   #55
I am Band

Who said there were three of us sat on the seat?

Because Royski was first to see it and fastset out of the blocks, he bagged the comfy seat all to himself. Wingy had the creature comforts of the offside chrome handrail all to himself, whilst i had to make do with the nearside equivalent, and as much of the canvas roof as i could cling on to.

Somewhere there is a video clip of the tuk-tuk just about to try and limp back to its home port, accompanied with a commentary in the broadest Lancashire accent you are ever likely to hear... "This is what a broken down tuk-tuk sounds like!"

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 21:00   #56
Filthy / Gorgeous

Who has the video clip?? It will have to be shown at the next meet up...

Old 11-05-2004, 21:08   #57
I am Band

There was also a more scientific reason why Royski had the bench seat... something to do with fulcrums and centres of gravity. If he'd perched? more like lurched on either of the handrails, there would have been a minimum of one wheel in the air. In all probability, there would have been three wheels in the air as it would have gone belly up

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Old 11-05-2004, 21:19   #58
Filthy / Gorgeous

Never mind scientific, he beat you to it....

Seriously, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Mick for helping me with this thread. Mick kindly put all the photos on disc for me, downsized them etc. I did the Alps ones myself, as I have been messing with the paintshop thingy, but can't quite remember how I did em, (definately going to have to start writing stuff down) Cheers Mick.

Old 11-05-2004, 21:36   #59
I am Band

Fankoo for the piccys, Lettie, especially the one of Aguille du Plan. Who cares if they are regarded as boring by some. They are pictures of freedom and a stress free existence away from concrete and tarmac. When you have time, take a look at www.earthgallery.net It is a website by a Scottish photographer called Colin Prior. You'll be wishing yourself away, back up the A82 to the Highlands.
Royski found this site when we were in China, http://www.terragalleria.com/ There are many high quality photos by Quang-Tuan Luong, a climber and travel photogapher, from all over the world. Big-up-respect to Royski for finding that site.

Old 11-05-2004, 21:44   #60
Filthy / Gorgeous

Thanks for the info, have just turned a photo of Aguille du Midi and Mt Blanc du Tacul into my screensaver. It's nearly 2 years since I was there, and my feet are still scarred from the blistering....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..