Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 23:06   #1
Resting in Peace

Competition 33

Comp : 33

Congratulations tonikkival on winning competition 32.

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only
During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.
After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.
Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person
The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition ( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)
UPLOADING ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 48 hours to VOTE (until 10pm Sunday UK time)
The winner then has 12 hours to PM Mick with the next THEME (PLEASE PM DO NOT POST THE NEW THEME ON SITE I COULD MISS IT PM ONLY PLEASE)
if I have not been contacted within this time Mick will pick the theme.
In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner
4 entries are allowed per person
Anymore than this will be removed, your 1st 4 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed
All images must be your own work,or scanned, digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, please dont use images off the web or from mags as we dont want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images.
You will retain copyright of all your images.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed
THE NEXT THEME CHOSEN BY nikkival : is :

Fashion Statements

Photo Competition 33 - Accrington Gallery

Closing date for this competition is 22:00pm on the Friday the 22nd Feb and voting will be allowed up to 22:00pm on Sunday the 24th Feb 2008

Last edited by Mick; 12-02-2008 at 07:48.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2008, 10:25   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Competition 33

Oh, i don't do fashion.......comfort is more my scene these days.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 21:45   #3

Can I still enter this competition even though I picked the theme?
Old 12-02-2008, 07:47   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkival View Post
Can I still enter this competition even though I picked the theme?
yes of course you can
Old 12-02-2008, 13:04   #5
God Member

thats a bit of a hard one. I have a funny story relating to this though.

One day I was on the bus, getting very close to my stop, when I heard 3 school girls talking about a new 'trend'. The trend was to completely shave off their eye brows. No mention of drawing them back on, just shaving them off. I wanted to wet myself when they were talking about how good it looked, and how it wasn't as cool to just pluck them really thin like (mention of girls name).

I remember a friend of mine, few years older than me, once had his eye brows shaved off at a party when he had fallen asleep, so at school he'd draw them on with biro and once he used pink felt tip pen.

Isn't high school funny?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 18:03   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
thats a bit of a hard one.
Do you really think so? I thought the possibilities were endless on this one - you could have anything ranging from teddy boys to chavs!
Old 12-02-2008, 19:43   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

[quote=nikkival;530152] you could have anything ranging from teddy boys to chavs![/quote]
well theres plenty of them around
Old 13-02-2008, 23:37   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
well theres plenty of them around
They don't half scarper when a cameras pointed at them!

Old 14-02-2008, 11:59   #9
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkival View Post
They don't half scarper when a cameras pointed at them!

lol...^^^^^
Old 14-02-2008, 19:14   #10

The pic turned out quite well!
Attached Images
File Type: gif chav1.gif (566 Bytes, 95 views)
Old 14-02-2008, 20:35   #11
God Member

Well done nikkival on winning comp 32, good choice for theme too!
Old 15-02-2008, 19:18   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

spotted one earlier in asda carpark....
Old 16-02-2008, 15:28   #13
God Member

Chavs? wasn't the theme fashion?

Since when did chavs become fashionable...

The only thing I could think of was my designer glasses haha but its hard to take a decent 'high fashion' picture.

I relate the theme fashion to designers, cat walks, super models etc... I never thought of BAD fashion statements...

I'm going to have another little think I think certainly not taking a picture of any chavs though haha.
Old 20-02-2008, 04:25   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Chavs? wasn't the theme fashion?

Since when did chavs become fashionable...

The only thing I could think of was my designer glasses haha but its hard to take a decent 'high fashion' picture.

I relate the theme fashion to designers, cat walks, super models etc... I never thought of BAD fashion statements...

I'm going to have another little think I think certainly not taking a picture of any chavs though haha.
I've decided to miss out this one and wait for the next one. Nobody seems to follow fashion statements in student world, people just wear whatever they found in the sales, doesn't matter if it matches. In fact, the nearest thing to fashion trend is probably the number of students you see wearing odd socks, but I suspect thats not necessarily by choice.

I overheard my housemates talking and one had put on an odd pair of socks even though he had a matching pair, because he was saving them for a more important occasion.

Moral of the story - by several pairs of the same plain socks, then you are less likely to be stuck with odd socks. Or wash them.
Old 22-02-2008, 07:04   #15
Resting in Peace

uploads MUST BE IN BY 10PM TONIGHT !!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..