Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2006, 20:08   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Frogs - not French :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Frog trivia question

Where in the world is the only place where the indiginous frogs make a ribbit, ribbit noise?
Florida Everglades Area????
Old 23-07-2006, 20:12   #17
God Member

ahhh its lovely.. we got loads of baby frogs down our allottment im always frightened of standin on em but i learnt only today that the are brilliant for keeping the slugs and other pests away from the veg ..oooh what a coincidence theres a thread come up about em
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 20:15   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Would now be a good time to tell people you got sweaty eyes when he died? ........ No? ......... OK I won't
Too late, you already have LOL
Old 23-07-2006, 20:16   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
Florida Everglades Area????
Is that near Hollywood?

The reason that the noise ribbit ribbit has become known as the noise that all frogs make is because there was a film many years ago that had frogs in. Because the film was in Hollywood they used ribbit ribbit frogs and everyone began to believe that all frogs make that noise.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 20:19   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Is that near Hollywood?

The reason that the noise ribbit ribbit has become known as the noise that all frogs make is because there was a film many years ago that had frogs in. Because the film was in Hollywood they used ribbit ribbit frogs and everyone began to believe that all frogs make that noise.
No its not Gayle Hollywoods on the opposite coast in Los Angeles California never mind.
Old 23-07-2006, 20:21   #21
God Member

Geography of America is not my strongest point but let's face it, at least I know America exists, can't say the same about most Americans knowing England exists.

Anyway, Hollywood is the answer.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 17:14   #22
Yank in King Art's Court!

Hey todbear, good sharing of knowledge (and pictures too!). My favorite "animal" hobby has always been reptiles and amphibians. I used to try my mom crazy with all the various creatures I'd bring home especially frog and toad eggs and tadpoles. 45 years later and I've found myself teaching my kids and their friends about them from my own 8 X 10 foot "pond." I love to spend the end of the day watching this small habitat (also includes some painted turtles, goldfish, newts, and crayfish.

Brian
LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 17:44   #23

used to be my fave thing too when we had a pond, the grass used look like a moving black carpet when the tiny wet frogs left the pond. Thanks for the kind words, it is nice to know folk are out there teaching their kids to care about nature

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..