Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2013, 20:44   #1
Resting in Peace

New photo competition 3

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE UPLOADING TO THE COMPETITION
PLEASE READ THE RULES ON EACH COMPETITION AS THERE MIGHT BE SLIGHT CHANGES FOR A COMPETITION THANKYOU

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only.

Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person.
The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition.
( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too
UPLOADING ends at 10pm on the Friday night, you have 48 hours to VOTE #until 10pm Sunday UK time
The winner then has 12 hours to PM Mick with the next THEME PLEASE PM DO NOT POST THE NEW THEME ON SITE I COULD MISS IT PM ONLY PLEASE
if I have not been contacted within this time Mick will pick the Next theme.
In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner.
upto 10 entries are allowed per person.
Anymore than this will be removed, your 1st 10 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed.
All images must be your own work, Or close family.
Scanned,#from your own photos# digital, phone, video stills are all allowed,
please don’t use images off the Internet or from magazines or from postcards as we don’t want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images).
You will retain copyright of all your images.
No photo's to be removed from the photo competition by any member except mods or admin.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed.

THE THEME CHOSEN BY Churchfcrules: is : Seen Better Days
a portrait, an old car, rust, buildings, overgrown land etc

Closing date for this competition is 22:00pm on the Friday 8 th Feb 2013
and voting will be allowed up to 22:00pm on Sunday the 10 th Feb 2013
NOTE
It would help me if all members that have entered the competition are on line at the closing of the competition,
so i can set the next competition up quickly thank you .
I know its not all ways possible but if you can it would help
I hope you all enjoy and enter some great photos
and we can make this a great success like it was before

If you have any questions or Problems about the competition please send me a pm and i will try to answer you as soon as i can
Link to Gallery Competition

http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ry.php/cat/995

Last edited by Mick; 03-02-2013 at 13:41.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2013, 21:28   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: New photo competition 3

Ok this competition is now running good luck to all
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 10:05   #3
Senior Member+

only me n dave so far, get snapping, like the boulder on the car though dave, where is it?

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 10:40   #4
Beacon of light

well, I am going to have to trawl my archives I think.
I have got one pic in so far....I must have some which will fit the bill somewhere.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 10:44   #5

Why is the competition not for photos taken after the start date ? I'm sure everyone has loads of old photos but surely it's better to see new pics with how someone has interpreted the new topic ?
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 10:52   #6
Beacon of light

It would be quite resticitve...especially to those who have limited mobility.
We would end up with a comp that only had Davemacs pics in it...and while I love Davemacs photographic offerings, it would be boring for him to have to look at his own stuff.
Personally I tend to take pictures of stuff that looks beautiful......so this comp is going to test me a bit......and yes, I do know there are a lot of eyesores around our local area, if the weather is inclement, I don't take my camera out....it likes the dry.
Old 28-01-2013, 10:56   #7
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Why is the competition not for photos taken after the start date ? I'm sure everyone has loads of old photos but surely it's better to see new pics with how someone has interpreted the new topic ?
Yeah like we've all got time and opportunity to go out snapping rustbuckets or whatever given a two week time frame and the weather at this time of year.

I for one would not be able to enter as I am unable to go out much at the moment other than for hospital visits. However I do have lots of photos stored and will get a lot of pleasure looking back through them to find something suitable for the competition.

Anyway what makes a photo an old photo? If it is new to Accyweb surely it's as valid as anything taken just yesterday. By stipulating new shots I think the entry rate would decrease.

I do however think it might be a good idea to limit the number of entries to say five instead of ten, as Church FC suggested the other day. Seeing ten good photos by one contributor might be a little intimidating for someone who has only one or two to contribute, when one of those might be a potential winner if it were entered.
Old 28-01-2013, 11:00   #8
Beacon of light

I also get pleasure from looking back over the pictures I have taken...in fact sometimes I am so 'transported' I quite forget which picture I was looking for.
And seeing pics that i have taken on my travels with Ma is like living the holiday all over again......without the packing and the traffic jams.
Old 28-01-2013, 14:07   #9
Senior Member+

you can have your own personal rules, i won't use pics i have previously posted, and like to take new, thats why i only entered the 1 pic, which i was lucky enough to win with, some i had from the same trip i thought were better pics, but i had already posted them in the Today in Pictures. The one i put on this morning, was taken this morning, only cos i was off to change my starter motor and remembered i had a load of old spanners lol

and why i chose the theme was to try and challenge myself (and others) to get out of "comfort zone" and take pictures they might not normally take.

Old 28-01-2013, 14:23   #10

Good thinking now where's that camera
Old 28-01-2013, 14:32   #11
Senior Member+

here lol
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...era-63447.html

Old 28-01-2013, 14:54   #12

nice one
Old 28-01-2013, 16:43   #13
Resting In Peace

There appears to be a minor glitch in the photo gallery. I have just uploaded ten photos. Two of the captions had apostrophes in them and the text after the apostrophes has not appeared which makes a nonsense of the captions.
Old 28-01-2013, 16:43   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
only me n dave so far, get snapping, like the boulder on the car though dave, where is it?
Right at the bottom of Lower Barnes Street c-l-m take a right turn, its on the road that comes out behind the Hyndburn Bridge pub
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 16:57   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
you can have your own personal rules, i won't use pics i have previously posted, and like to take new, thats why i only entered the 1 pic, which i was lucky enough to win with, some i had from the same trip i thought were better pics, but i had already posted them in the Today in Pictures. The one i put on this morning, was taken this morning, only cos i was off to change my starter motor and remembered i had a load of old spanners lol

and why i chose the theme was to try and challenge myself (and others) to get out of "comfort zone" and take pictures they might not normally take.
Congratulations
susie123 likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..